JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   This makes day 4... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2635034-makes-day-4-a.html)

Mel_Kay March 15th, 2013 09:40 AM

This makes day 4...

Of a constant headache that will not budge with tylenol. After 24 straight hrs I called the doc and they sent me to l&d to monitor my BP and the baby. My BP was a little elevated but not as high as it has been and my urine came back with no traces of protein. Baby was tolerating everything just fine so we came back home after an hour of monitoring. The Dr suggested that maybe it was just a tension headache and that I should stay in a dark, quiet place. It is driving me nuts, the headache has just camped out. I normally have really bad allergies and when they are flared I have a piercing headache behind either eye, this has not been the case this time around. I need something stronger than tylenol, my body laughs at tylenol.

Sorry, had to vent a little.

MommysPocket March 15th, 2013 10:27 AM

Re: This makes day 4...

:( I wish I had a super trick to tell you. I suffered from horrible headaches/weekly migraines for almost 4 years but during both pregnancies they have gone away. Hope you start to feel better!

*Anya* March 15th, 2013 10:34 AM

Highly recommend a chiropractor, try a heat back on your neck/ shoulders and a cool patch on your head. That sounds miserable, hope you can get some relief :(

nameetog March 15th, 2013 10:43 AM

I hope you feel better. That does sound miserable! I so miss being able to take things other than Tylenol too

ThaiSpice March 15th, 2013 10:49 AM

So sorry! Hope you can find some kind of relief soon...

Mel_Kay March 15th, 2013 01:24 PM

Thanks. I sucked it up and got out of the house for a bit. We took the boys to ride their bikes, my youngest just started riding without training wheels yesterday. I sat in hubby's truck and watched them today. It temporarily made me forget about the headache, maybe the fresh air and sunshine helped a bit. It's still lingering but not as fierce.

bananamagic March 15th, 2013 01:27 PM

I get a lot of headaches but have been lucky while pregnant. Tylenol doesn't cut it. Glad its a little better. I use cold pac on my head too. Hope you are feeling better soon!

mama3o March 15th, 2013 02:07 PM

i hope you feel better!

redfishbluefish March 15th, 2013 04:42 PM

This happened to me a few weeks ago and after 4 days my OB prescribed me fioricet. It is caffeine, tylonol, and a barbiturate. I know a few other women who have taken it while pregnant and let me tell you - I was in hell for 4 days with a migraine and one fioricet took care of it completely. I didn't want to take it at first but I just was in so much pain and unable to function. I hope you're able to find some relief soon!

anjawb March 15th, 2013 06:45 PM

When I had a migraine for a few days, my doc gave me codine.

Mel_Kay March 15th, 2013 06:52 PM

If its still there Monday I will call and ask my Dr for something.