JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Having one of those omg days (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2637191-having-one-those-omg-days.html)

Cortney6983 March 23rd, 2013 08:42 AM

Having one of those omg days

A little freaked out with I have 4 weeks left ! I thought I was ready but I don't feel ready anymore lol I keep going over everything I have to make sure I have what I need ! My bag is not fully packed yet either! I see ladies on here going early which is making me bats*it crazy ! I am so freaked out about labor and delivery with all its unknowns ! I can't clean enough for my liking or set up anything cutesy because we live in one room so it's really tight which is making me crazy with my nesting phase ! I have an ultrasound Tuesday to see her size and if she is still head down and a regular appointment with the GBS test as well as seeing if I'm dialated or thinned ( we are keeping an eye out because my SOs work is far away and he parks at a McDonalds and someone else picks him up to bring him the rest of the way so they don't have to pay gas for their workers so we are going to do weekly cervix checks to see when's the best time he should start driving all the way since they will not stop work to bring him back)

Just venting!

MommysPocket March 23rd, 2013 09:39 AM

Re: Having one of those omg days

The whole 'unknown' is the best and worse part of pregnancy. Hang in there, you're almost to the end.

nameetog March 23rd, 2013 10:25 AM

I agree about the unknown factor being an awful feeling. I am not even really a "planner" type and it drove me BONKERS! There is just so much in pregnancy that is unknown, it's hard. I'm not going to lie that is a really nice thing about a planned section. Although I could still go any min because well, babies have their own schedule. I know it won't be any longer than said day and I know what to expect because I have had a section.

MaineBean March 23rd, 2013 12:08 PM

Just to really keep you on your toes, don't forget that you are technically 4 weeks from your due date, but that means 1 day to 6 weeks from actual delivery! I always warn that just because you have a "due date," don't get too tied to it because it is very easy to go late. (Says the mama who made it to a full 42 weeks last time!)

It's very different this time knowing I'm going early and on a planned date.

Purple_cat March 23rd, 2013 12:39 PM

I had a mini panic recently too about things suddenly not being ready enough. I made a list of every little thing I want to get done and we are getting the list done this weekend. We got a lot done this morning and I feel a million times better. Maybe that would help?

bellasky March 23rd, 2013 02:05 PM

I have those every once in a while but my DH is having them almost every day. He is seriously freaking out that we will have a baby soon.

ThaiSpice March 23rd, 2013 05:30 PM

I can sort of relate. I mean, for the most part we're ready, but there are tons of things that I would still like to get done, in an ideal world...both at home and at work. And it really hit me yesterday that it's coming more quickly than I realize. This morning I made a list of some stuff around the house that I would like us to get done, and DH said, "ALL this stuff? Why?" :rollseyes: Can we just get it done please? LOL. I also have mega lists at work. Lists really help me cope when I'm feeling overwhelmed.

mama3o March 23rd, 2013 07:16 PM

Just do what you can and breathe!!! It will all work out! A baby won't know the difference if you are ready or not. As long as it has you to love, it will all work out!

HalfDozen March 26th, 2013 07:25 PM

Ehhhh, I have just over 2 weeks .... maybe. There's so much stuff up in the air with baby being breech right now that I can't really worry about it. I just keep telling everyone 1 of 3 things will happen next week - 1)we'll be having a baby that day, 2)we'll be scheduling a c-section if the version doesn't work, or 3)the version will work, and I will have no clue when baby is coming. Just for the record, the third option is my preference, but it's kind of out of my hands at this point.

And I wouldn't bank too much on cervical checks. I never dilated ahead of time (maybe one time I was at 1 cm before labor). And several ladies here have been dilated for quite some time and no progress.