JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Friday fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2649557-friday-fitness.html)

ThaiSpice May 10th, 2013 06:54 AM

Friday fitness

What, if anything, are you doing, or do you plan to do, to get back in shape post baby?

mama3o May 10th, 2013 07:02 AM

Re: Friday fitness

nothing yet but sure need to start!!!

Pretty Crispy May 10th, 2013 07:08 AM

I've been walking since getting home. Started ab centered workouts last week and started running yesterday! It feels amazing to get out and be active again

MaineBean May 10th, 2013 07:11 AM

I thought about how I am not losing the weight like I did last time.

Then I got a Boston Kreme donut this morning. ;)

Pretty Crispy May 10th, 2013 07:29 AM

^ oh my sweet tooth has been crazy since DS was born! I eat so much chocolate every day now.. I guess since I couldn't stand sweets most of the pregnancy my body is playing catch up

JennBer May 10th, 2013 02:54 PM

I want to start walking but doc doesnt want me too just yet. I may anyways in the next few days and just start off slow and short and build up. Then after i get cleared to i will go back to riding, it will be nice to do that since it has been so long.

ThaiSpice May 10th, 2013 03:54 PM

I was planning to start doing yoga and Pilates this week, but then I got sick and decided to put it off until I fully recovered (including my milk supply). I will definitely not do anything to compromise my supply. I found last time that losing weight too quickly or cutting back on calories too much would affect my supply. So...my plan for now is to start with core strengthening/yoga, then after 6 weeks, add some light cardio and see how it goes. I didn't REALLY focus on losing weight last time until after 12 months (after Grace was eating more solids and I wasn't pumping anymore). It'll probably be the same this time. I have much less to lose this time.

I am using MyFitnessPal to keep track of calories and nutrients...mostly to help me make sure I'm eating enough calories, protein & fiber. MFP really helped me get & stay on track with losing all my extra weight after last pregnancy.

jen747 May 10th, 2013 04:17 PM

I would love to redo Couch to 5k. I love it, but I'm afraid running with these boobs might be dangerous! I wore 2 bras when running before, so I don't know what I'll do now.

nameetog May 10th, 2013 08:48 PM

Im not doing jack. I belong to our local Y and my friend is a pilates instructor and I love her class but I'm not ready to put baby in their babysitting room yet and I'm not sure my doc would be thrilled if I started working out prior to my 6 week check. It's getting warmer though, I'll be walking more. I had weight to loose prior to getting pregnant so I've got about 25 pounds I want GONE

Purple_cat May 11th, 2013 01:50 PM

I am not doing anything yet because walking around the house is still a challenge for me. I am still really sore down there! Once I am healed I will start getting active again. I miss it! I would love to do couch to 5k once I feel more recovered. I will start out with walking the dog and then the elliptical and then try some jogging. :) I would love to run a 5k and see both my girls waiting for me at the finish line!