JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Gas (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2650100-gas.html)

Cortney6983 May 13th, 2013 04:56 AM

Gas

Best remedies for a gassy uncomfortable baby?

Missa_Mae May 13th, 2013 05:19 AM

Re: Gas

gas drops or gripe water work for us

ThaiSpice May 13th, 2013 05:29 AM

Bicycling their legs, the "I love you" baby tummy massage (look it up on YouTube).

MsRK May 13th, 2013 05:33 AM

We bought the gas drops for babies that every drug store sells. Works like a charm.

*Anya* May 13th, 2013 10:27 AM

I only do gripe water

Purple_cat May 13th, 2013 12:31 PM

We use the infant gas drops and those seem to help.

My first daughter was fussy (screaming) a lot of the time and in hindsight I realize it was probably because of allergies that I was trying to figure out while I was nursing. Some babies are really sensitive to the protein in cow's milk which transfers through your breast milk. I don't eat any dairy while nursing just as a precaution. (My first daughter ended up being allergic to random things that weren't the top 8 allergens so it took me awhile to figure those out)

nameetog May 13th, 2013 12:43 PM

We use gripe water

utexas10 May 13th, 2013 01:06 PM

We use gripe water. I also cut out dairy and green/leafy veggies. Dr. says I should be able to start adding them back slowly at 12 weeks.

~AmazedByYou~ May 14th, 2013 09:09 AM

Depends on what is causing the gas. Is the baby breast or bottle fed. If breast fed, what is mom eating that could be causing the baby gas/pain? If formula, is it the type of formula that's bothering the baby (milk based vs soy vs hypoallergenic, etc)

We have used gas drops and gripe water after cutting out dairy

dylans_mommy May 15th, 2013 08:15 AM

Dylan has been very gassy ever since his surgery... Now that food can actually stay in his system, he's having trouble getting the farts out :P Poor little man will strain and cry and turn beet red and I felt so helpless. On top of that, I wasn't getting much sleep because he would wake up for food, then an hour later wake up to fart, then an hour later get up to eat... etc. Exhausting! Out of desperation, I've tried everything: gripe water, baby probiotics, gas x, bicycling his legs, massaging his tummy... Then I found this on amazon Amazon.com: Happi Tummi Removable Waistband - Blue: Baby

I just tried it for the first time and he's currently snoring away peacefully :) I wish I would have found it sooner!!

MapleGranola May 15th, 2013 08:19 AM

We just bicycle his legs or bounce him a bunch.

We have Simethicone if he needed it.

Twirlbird May 15th, 2013 11:04 AM

Henry was a horrible burper, great farther though. No matter what we did he would still be in pain. Gripe water made him score in pain for 2 hours, oval makes him puke, bicycling did nothing, tummy time did nothing

Thankfully he seems to either have grown out of it, or the zantac is helping

Capeladybug May 16th, 2013 07:40 PM

Gripe water is our life saver!

kimberley May 17th, 2013 12:59 PM

So far bicycle legs helps. He would rather not wear a diaper when he needs to poo or fart. It all comes out when we're mid diaper change.

Hope you find something that works, lots of great suggestions!

SpankyMagoo May 17th, 2013 03:28 PM

Sorry to butt in, but I had to tell you about colic calm. My daughter had horrible gas. We tried everything but nothing worked. The gripe water and gas drops did diddly squat. One day outr neighbor came over when she heard Jo screaming and gave us a little bottle of colic calm. She said it helped with her baby. We tried it and Jo fell asleep so quickly, we would worried we had drugged her! But it is all natural herbal stuff and she was just so relieved that she calmed right down and fell asleep.

You can find it at the pharmacy. It's in a yellow bottle. It's not cheap so I only recommend it if the other stuff doesn't work. But it was worth every penny in our house. I should also note, it's a horrible black color. So your baby will poo blackish and it stains so use a bib.

I don't work for them or anything, I just knew it helped our house sleep for the first time in weeks so now I tell everyone about it.

I hope you find something tht helps!!!