JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Mastisis ?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2650344-mastisis.html)

kimberley May 13th, 2013 07:47 PM

Mastisis ??

Has anyone experienced this? I am right now, and it is miserable. I'm all achey and gross feeling. Not to mention my right breast is SO SORE. Apparently, I am supposed to be on bed rest for 24 hours, which I did not expect! I've been more busy lately, getting life back to normal, doing chores and errands etc, which is what can bring mastisis on.

BOOOO! I am terrible at keeping still, and staying in bed.

Ok, it's spelled Mastitis.

Missa_Mae May 13th, 2013 11:23 PM

Re: Mastisis ??

Ouch!!

I have not experienced this but I have had clogged ducts before & the pain is horrible! Lots of warm compresses, massage, hot.shower & frequent pumping on that side should help. Did you get antibiotics?

Hope you feel better soon!

Purple_cat May 14th, 2013 12:21 AM

Oh no! I hope that you start to feel better soon. :grouphug:

mama3o May 14th, 2013 05:27 AM

feel better!

ThaiSpice May 14th, 2013 07:12 AM

Oh no! Mastitis is no fun! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Hugo&Sergiosmom May 15th, 2013 05:47 PM

I sympathize. I have had it 4 times in the past. I would rather go through unmedicated birth than one more mastitis, seriously. I had it the week before last with Fiona... I overproduce milk so I tend to get it with every kid. Hopefully we won't get it again, it's the worst. :(

kimberley May 16th, 2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugo&Sergiosmom (Post 27367431)
I sympathize. I have had it 4 times in the past. I would rather go through unmedicated birth than one more mastitis, seriously. I had it the week before last with Fiona... I overproduce milk so I tend to get it with every kid. Hopefully we won't get it again, it's the worst. :(

Do you have any other issues linked to over supply? Like fore-milk/hind-milk imbalance? Does your baby cough and choke on milk during let down?

Hugo&Sergiosmom May 19th, 2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimberley (Post 27369589)
Do you have any other issues linked to over supply? Like fore-milk/hind-milk imbalance? Does your baby cough and choke on milk during let down?

Fortunately (I guess you could say) she is a forceful eater so she tends to keep up with the flow and takes huge gulps. She still has some times she'll have to gasp or breathe and then cough some. I have to be careful ab the hindmilk thing esp when she cluster feeds. Not draining it well enough will get me plugged quickly. Also dealing with nighttime engorgement and daytime leaking although it's a little better than with my other kids.

Anddd I'm back on the antibiotics because I came down with it again on Friday! :( So frustrating.