JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Are You Back @ The Gym Yet? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2655452-you-back-gym-yet.html)

Missa_Mae June 3rd, 2013 04:15 AM

Are You Back @ The Gym Yet?

Now that the majority of us are past the 6 week recovery (8 for some) - how is everyone doing in the weight category? Back at the gym? Exercising? Too lazy still lol?

nameetog June 3rd, 2013 04:30 AM

Re: Are You Back @ The Gym Yet?

I'm just past 6 weeks and was asked to wait till 8. Like I'm complaining ; ) I do want to get back into my pilates class, I love that BUT Alex needs to be 12 weeks to leave in the gym daycare

Pretty Crispy June 3rd, 2013 04:55 AM

Yup. Been running since 4 weeks pp. I'm under prepreg weight and in better shape than I was. My clothes are all too big. I put my bathing suit on to take L swimming and it falls off.

ThaiSpice June 3rd, 2013 05:15 AM

Yes. Well, not actually the gym, but working out. It's too tough to actually get to the gym. But I've been doing Pilates and workout DVDs at home.

JenLee June 3rd, 2013 08:18 AM

I just started back last week. I had a csection so I was told to wait 8 weeks. Last week I did a Cardio Combat class (kicked my butt), and Sat. I went and did an outdoor bootcamp class (really kicked my butt). I hate how out of shape I am. I will start running again this week, starting in Aug. I am hoping to start training again for a half marathon. I have about 20 lbs. to go to be at my prepregnancy weight.

mommy to alexander June 3rd, 2013 08:47 AM

I can't get to the gym, but I'm really into getting healthy. I'm already lower than pre pregnancy and sell losing, my skinny jeans are now getting to big, Woohoo! I do believe my husband and I could be insane because we started doing the insanity workout. It is kicking our butt but I love it! I'm also going to do my first 5k in August. Well actually July, but I don't think the color run counts, probably won't be a lot if running, just having fun. I'm excited to be skinny, lol!

kimberley June 3rd, 2013 08:56 AM

I'm feeling comfortable enough to start working out. Having the energy is another story. I have some poundage to lose so I better get started! i am probably just going to start with brisk walks outside.

HalfDozen June 3rd, 2013 03:02 PM

Hmmm, "back at the gym" would imply that I ever went there in the first place. Exercising is not high on my list, nor do I seem to have time with all my kiddos. My time will be even more stretched when I go back to work.

utexas10 June 3rd, 2013 05:24 PM

I am bad. I was never at the gym. I would love to start running again but I need DH to watch the baby so I can and he works from 6-6 every day. It is hard to find time to work out with that schedule.

Capeladybug June 4th, 2013 01:31 AM

After major abdominal surgery at 4 weeks and now a hole in my stomach where my incision split open my Dr told me to not even mention working out to him for 8 more weeks. I am a hot mess. I have lost 72 lbs since having her , that is 40lbs below my prepreg weight. All my clothes fall off and I feel like a big ol' frump.

blueeyes25s June 4th, 2013 09:19 AM

Yesterday I hit my 6 weeks pp and all is ok. I plan on getting back into an exercise routine right away.

Purple_cat June 6th, 2013 01:09 PM

I wish that I was back to exercising, I miss it like crazy. I am still not feeling 100% downstairs so I am waiting for the doctor to check me out before I do anything too exciting (I am 5 weeks PP). I did go for a walk last night for the first time. I was slow but I did it and it felt great to be out and moving. I have thought about doing the Insanity workout but right now I am going to stick with walking and then the elliptical. Right now jumping around sounds about as appealing as going to the dentist.

Karilynn6 June 6th, 2013 08:49 PM

I'm running most mornings, but I haven't rejoined the gym yet. Our gym babysitting only allows 1 year olds and up, and I don't really want my husband and I to have to go to the gym separately while the other watches the baby. It would just take away from the time we have together.

I'm not quite where I want to be, but I'm comfortable with getting into a bikini and proud of how I look 9 weeks out.

bellasky June 7th, 2013 11:31 AM

I am 12 pounds away from pure pregnancy weight and 24 away from goal weight. I plan on going to the gym with dh starting Monday. I'm ready. I was doing the Jillian Michaels 90 day program before I conceived so hopefully I'll get back to that soon.