JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Grocery shopping (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2657270-grocery-shopping.html)

ThaiSpice June 9th, 2013 06:29 AM

Grocery shopping

Do you take your baby shopping? How do you manage them? In a wrap/carrier? In a car seat? Leave them home with daddy? Something else?

Pretty Crispy June 9th, 2013 06:44 AM

We go as a family. I haven't attempted grocery shopping just L and I. I wear him in one of our wraps and usually sleeps through it or quietly looks around. So far so good.

nameetog June 9th, 2013 07:00 AM

Re: Grocery shopping

I go grocery shopping with my 2 youngest while the oldest is in school. I put my daughter in the carriage seat and Alex in the Maya wrap. They do fine

Sneetch June 9th, 2013 08:36 AM

So far I have only taken him once, and I wore him in the Beco carrier. I usually leave him home with daddy.

ThaiSpice June 9th, 2013 09:46 AM

I usually take Anna with me, in the Moby. I haven't taken both girls by myself, but if the whole family goes, Grace sits in the she shopping cart and Anna rides in the Moby.

HalfDozen June 9th, 2013 10:01 AM

I often take the youngest 2. It depends how much we have to get on how I manage it. If it's a small trip, then I keep him in his car seat and put Katie in the cart seat. If it's a larger trip, Katie still goes in the cart seat, and Xavier is in a carrier on me.

Purple_cat June 9th, 2013 11:04 AM

So far we have been going as a family or I will leave the baby home with dad and just take my older daughter in the evening. Once I got to go by myself in the evening and it felt like a vacation!

mama3o June 9th, 2013 01:19 PM

I never food shop. I am an impulse shopper! I would buy everything and anything that looks good. So, to save money and time, I food shop in my pjs. For 10 dollars our supermarket will shop for you..I do it online, save a ton of money and I have to shop for 6 of us so I do it in my pj's over a few days time and do it with my list and my recipes for the week. I love it so much...Their circular has a coupon for free all the time, so it waves the 10$ fee, I just have to pick it up ! I love it!

MaineBean June 9th, 2013 06:18 PM

Ingrid almost always comes with me and hangs in the mei tai. Sometimes she sleeps, sometimes she observes, sometimes she does them both on and off the whole trip! If I go on the weekend, I often also bring my son. It used to be our 1 on 1 time on the weekends, so it's nice to keep him involved. He rides in the cart or pushes his own little one.

kimberley June 9th, 2013 08:57 PM

I've taken both of my kids for shorter trips several times. DH and I take the baby in the carrier to Costco every 2 weeks when DS1 is with his dad.

Twirlbird June 10th, 2013 04:45 AM

I have taken the littles by myself but I prefer not to. I havent gotten my carrier yet so crossing the parking lot with the 18m old hurricane and infant in car seat if I can't get a cart means its a no go out

Kennydra June 10th, 2013 06:29 AM

I usually take Rosie and Leland grocery shopping when Ethan is in school. Leland sits in the shopping cart seat and I wear Rosie either in the Beco or Moby. She does great and usually sleeps the whole time and Leland likes having her right there so he can hug and kiss her :)

ashley22pa June 10th, 2013 05:22 PM

I haven't taken Cole shopping yet. He is always home with DH when I go. I haven't gotten up the courage yet !

redfishbluefish June 10th, 2013 05:50 PM

This is the one thing that I have done quite often with both kids. Nate rides in the cart and I wear Joey in the Ergo :)

blueeyes25s June 10th, 2013 09:24 PM

I try to leave him home with dad otherwise I take baby while he is napping. I just leave him in the carseat.