JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Woombie vs SwaddlePod - update (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2658852-woombie-vs-swaddlepod-update.html)

ThaiSpice June 15th, 2013 05:56 PM

Woombie vs SwaddlePod - update

Anyone have experience with one or the other, or better yet, both? I'm looking to get something new for Anna because she breaks out of the SwaddleMe now, yet she sleeps better at night when swaddled. I had a Woombie with Grace and I can't find it, but I remember liking it. I just wonder if there's something better.

Pros/cons? Other suggestions?

MaineBean June 15th, 2013 06:22 PM

Re: Woombie vs SwaddlePod

I lurv the Miracle Blanket. Though little miss Houdini did get her legs out repeatedly last night when she was in just a onesie and had her treefrog feet available to weasel out.

But dang if it doesn't keep her arms still with it's straightjacket design!

ThaiSpice June 15th, 2013 06:31 PM

I was reading about the Miracle Blanket just now! LOL about the leg sticking out. Last night there was one time when Anna had both arms and one leg out...crazy girl.

MaineBean June 15th, 2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaiSpice (Post 27450599)
Last night there was one time when Anna had both arms and one leg out...crazy girl.

Oh geez! There is nothing like trying to calmly wrangle limbs back in while not waking baby too much. Yeah right! If Anna is anything like Ingrid, she was probably all pissed about being half out too! The more free Ingrid is, the more ornery she is!

ThaiSpice June 15th, 2013 06:39 PM

Oh yeah, she was not happy. Once I got her all tucked back in and snug, she was great LOL!

MellowYellow June 16th, 2013 09:33 PM

We have both the woombie and the swaddlepod. Both definitely worked the same as far as making her sleep well, but if I had to choose one I would pick the woombie. I like that the zipper is covered by her neck with a snap flap instead of just zipping up.

ThaiSpice June 17th, 2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellowYellow (Post 27452582)
We have both the woombie and the swaddlepod. Both definitely worked the same as far as making her sleep well, but if I had to choose one I would pick the woombie. I like that the zipper is covered by her neck with a snap flap instead of just zipping up.

Thanks! That's the kind of thing I was hoping to hear. I am already leaning toward Woombie, but I wanted to hear from people who have used the SwaddlePod, too.

MellowYellow June 17th, 2013 12:38 PM

Woombies are on Zulily.com today for $14.99...

And woombie.com is BOGO on clearance styles...$19.99 for 2!

ThaiSpice June 17th, 2013 12:50 PM

Awesome! Will check it out...

ThaiSpice June 22nd, 2013 07:18 AM

I ended up getting a Woombie. So far, so good! No escaped limbs. I also like that the fabric is thinner for summer. And it is much easier to put on.

Purple_cat June 22nd, 2013 09:56 AM

Re: Woombie vs SwaddlePod - update

I see that you already made your decision so I am a little late to the party here. I loved the woombie for our first daughter but after 1 night with a 5 hour stretch of sleep my husband worried that it made her sleep too well and wouldn't let us use it anymore.

With this daughter I was determined to use the woombie but she kind of hates it and won't settle in it so we have been using the miracle blanket. Somehow she got an arm out of that last night but it usually keeps her swaddled up well.

MellowYellow June 22nd, 2013 09:22 PM

Re: Woombie vs SwaddlePod - update

That's the other thing I noticed with woombies vs other brands...she doesn't get any hands or limbs out of the woombies.