JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   weight loss? what are you doing? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2659930-weight-loss-what-you-doing.html)

mama3o June 19th, 2013 04:29 PM

weight loss? what are you doing?

I was just curious what everyone is doing to get fit?

Me - Just little things... I have a dvd and trying to walk...

kimberley June 19th, 2013 04:38 PM

Re: weight loss? what are you doing?

I've just started cutting out sugar. The weather hasn't been very good to go out for walks, but it should be improving soon.. I love walking outside.

nameetog June 19th, 2013 04:39 PM

Not nearly enough! I kinda can't wait to get back to Pilates but I can't leave him in the babysitting room yet... I need to get my but in gear.

mommy to alexander June 19th, 2013 04:49 PM

I'm doing Weight Watchers. I was doing it before I got pregnant and went back on it a month after she was born. My dh has never saw me this small (though, not really small, lol) If I count what I lost before I got pregnant and since, I am down about 40lbs and feel great!!!

ThaiSpice June 19th, 2013 05:13 PM

Working out with DVDs, and on the elliptical. I'm also using MyFitnessPal to track calories & workouts.

Pretty Crispy June 19th, 2013 05:37 PM

I've lost all my pregnancy weight and more just breastfeeding. I've been running and boxing to get back into the shape I was in last year.

MaineBean June 19th, 2013 06:33 PM

I'm breastfeeding and am back to bellydance once a week. I should do more (like any exercise) but I'm desperately afraid of affecting my milk supply which at this point is just enough. KellyMom says the fat burning high point is 3-6 months and I'm hoping being a dairy farm will eat away my gut!!

utexas10 June 20th, 2013 08:17 AM

nothing. i control portion sizes the same as i did before i got pregnant. i am about half a poun below my pre-pregnancy weight.

Purple_cat June 20th, 2013 11:29 AM

I need to do something. Last time all the weight came off in the first two weeks. This time I was left with 15 extra pounds at 7 weeks PP. I am pretty sure I have lost all the water weight at this point haha. I was starting to exercise and then I got sick so once I am feeling better I will be back in action.

Missa_Mae June 20th, 2013 12:56 PM

I walk every night with the baby & the dog.
I really try to watch what I eat and am attempting to cut some carbs since that's all I ate while pregnant. I have this obsession lately with spinach wraps ... yummy

I'm about 5-8lbs above pre pregnany weight and in a size 8-10 (I was a 7 before getting pregnant) ... I'm OK with my weight right now but am doing what I can to try to widdle it back down slowly.

Like Maine said above "3-6 months is when you burn the most pumping/BF'ing" - hoping that's true

:-)

Sneetch June 20th, 2013 01:34 PM

I've been walking a lot and I'm going to get a rowing machine. I'm not good at dieting while I'm breastfeeding, because I feel so hungry all the time. So I'm trying to be active and just rein in my appetite.

When I am done breastfeeding, I am going to do Medifast/Take Shape for Life. I did that right before I got pregnant and I lost 40 pounds, so I know I like it and that it worked for me. They do have a breastfeeding plan, but it's different enough from the regular plan that I don't expect it to work as well for me. So I think I'll hold off on that until I'm done breastfeeding.

mama3o June 20th, 2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimberley (Post 27461522)
I've just started cutting out sugar. The weather hasn't been very good to go out for walks, but it should be improving soon.. I love walking outside.

I love sugar way too much...My down fall!

utexas10 June 21st, 2013 01:15 PM

Joined a gym last night and did a step and weightlifting class this morning. it was the first time ive worked out in 5 yrs and, because I am completely uncoordinated, it was comical. Honestly, I signed up for the gym so that I could have an hour of me time with A in the nursery.

bellasky June 21st, 2013 01:34 PM

I am going to the gym with my husband and he is teaching me the machines. I'm also trying to get us out walking more but in 100 degree heat that is difficult. we actually took her to the park and walked a mile. it felt so good. I'm still having hip pain but it still felt nice to be active.

Mommyof2with1onway June 22nd, 2013 02:59 AM

I just recently got my DVDs and wii fit and Zumba out. I haven't started yet bc I'm worried about a drop in supply. I've started drinking more water and 1-2 gatorades a day for a few days before I start. It is so hot already here in Florida that we don't go on many walks bc you either have to go early in the morning or late afternoon.

I will start back to the gym when I go back to work in August.