JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   He's such a cute baby! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2660820-hes-such-cute-baby.html)

ThaiSpice June 23rd, 2013 12:38 PM

He's such a cute baby!

This is what I hear often when I'm out with Anna...and it was the same with Grace. People have always assumed they were boys. Never mind the pink clothes, blankets, carseat, etc. LOL! Maybe it's the lack of hair...not sure. It doesn't really bother me, but I do find it curious.

Anyone else have strangers mix up your baby's gender?

utexas10 June 23rd, 2013 01:53 PM

Re: He's such a cute baby!

Yes. I am annoyed by strangers wanting to talk to me about A to begin with but I get really annoyed when they confuse the gender. I used to be polite but Friday I snapped at someone "she is wearing pink. she is clearly a girl." probably wrong of me but I was annoyed.

Missa_Mae June 23rd, 2013 01:57 PM

A woman asKed me if Tessa was a boy or girl once. .. nevermind the pink hairbow and outfit! Some people are def lacking in certain areas!

Purple_cat June 23rd, 2013 03:51 PM

I haven't had that happen yet but I think it is because my girls were both born with a lot of hair. It is really hard for me to look at a baby and tell if it is a boy or a girl. When I see a baby I generally try to keep things gender neutral unless it is REALLY obvious or until the mom says "he" or "she".

ashley22pa June 23rd, 2013 04:59 PM

I think a lot of people naturally say "he" instead of she. However I still think it's crazy they can't figure out she's a girl with the pink! THAT I don't understand lol.

Mommyof2with1onway June 24th, 2013 07:04 AM

I had the problem with the girls but not him.

MellowYellow June 24th, 2013 09:19 AM

Several people have called Rosie a boy, and she has a lot of hair. I don't dress her with a lot of pink or bows though so I haven't gotten upset yet. The people usually seem embarrassed.

Sneetch June 24th, 2013 11:52 AM

I did this once and I felt so bad! The baby was probably a year or older and he had long, curly hair and a pretty face, and was dressed gender-neutral. But I still felt stupid.

blueeyes25s June 25th, 2013 12:01 PM

I have had people ask if my baby was a girl or boy, even while he was clearly wearing boy clears but I think people ask just to be polite and not want to call the baby the wrong gender. I had a lot of 'he's such a cute baby' too. :)

Karilynn6 June 25th, 2013 08:50 PM

People can be so crazy! It's funny how strangers just need to know. I never even ask if someone's baby is a boy or a girl. I just say "your baby...".

I had a lady chase me down in Target yesterday hollering "ma'am, ma'am!" as I was power walking across the store because Alice was in the Ergo crying and I was just trying to get out. I stopped and turned around in case I had dropped something, but no! The lady said " I chased you all the way across the store to get a look at that beautiful baby!" She then proceeded to ask me all the typical questions (Boy or Girl? Your first? How old?) while I could barely hear her over my crying baby. Seriously, lady?!

mama3o June 26th, 2013 05:33 AM

People lack attention! Mine is in a pink car seat with a bow in her hair...he's so cute...duh! Come on. It doesn't matter to me but it just reaffirms that people are dumb....