JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Last week of June (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2661080-last-week-june.html)

ThaiSpice June 24th, 2013 11:51 AM

What's everyone got going on for this last week of June?

For me, it's just one week closer to the end of my leave. :( I have this week and next week, and then I'll be back to work. Thankful for a great job to return to, but so not looking forward to not being home. This week, I'm planning to take the girls to the free kids movie at the theater, story time at the library, Grace has a dentist appointment tomorrow (not so fun), and hopefully some other fun stuff that we don't get to do when I'm working. I also need to wrap my head around what it means to return to work: get my work wardrobe in order, make sure my pump bag is set and ready to go, plan for lunches, etc. Oh, and I'm taking my mom for a repeat mammogram on Friday.

Pretty Crispy June 24th, 2013 12:05 PM

It's supposed to be miserably hot and humid this week. DH is on vacation but we don't have too many plans. Most likely swimming and staying inside as much as possible. We might hit up the lake for a day or two. This weekend we will celebrate DHs birthday by going to dinner with his parents at a hibachi restaurant, should be fun.

utexas10 June 24th, 2013 12:28 PM

Re: Last week of June

I also have 2weeks left of leave. I plan on going to the gym daily with a friend and going to the presidential library. also I have my anual exam and laser hair removal. the nanny is coming over tomorrow for a dry run. this saturday my family is coming andwe are going to the lake.

Purple_cat June 24th, 2013 02:00 PM

I am really sick so I am still trying to rest as much as possible. We have family coming to visit for the 4th so hopefully everyone in my house will be healthy by then!

MaineBean June 24th, 2013 02:18 PM

I'm back to work tomorrow. Suckfest.

But we did stuff outside this weekend, I took my son strawberry picking, and we went to the local children's museum for a playdate today for my last day. I churned up strawberry ice cream and made strawberry lemonade. I plan to go to bed early tonight. (I work from home tomorrow so it will be a better transition.)

Mommyof2with1onway June 24th, 2013 02:23 PM

I had an eye appt today, we are going to do free movie tomorrow, clean all day Wednesday, Thursday the girls both have eye appts and jaxon has his 2 month check up, Friday I have a friends wedding rehearsal, Saturday is the wedding and I have my best friends little girls bday that day too. I am also getting back into my exercising routine this week and cooking more again.

nameetog June 24th, 2013 06:12 PM

Tomorrow is my sons class party. I am volunteering which requires me dragging the 2 youngers with me. Alex will just hang in the sling and Lilli will get to be a pretend kindergartner. It'll be fun. Wednesday is his last day of school. Thursday is summer reading kickoff party at our library. Friday we are having a lunch date at our dinner theater to see Monsters U. I feel like starting right now until school starts at the end of August we are b.u.s.y. Summer is going to FLY!!

Good luck tomorrow Maine!!

Missa_Mae June 25th, 2013 05:24 AM

I've been back to work about a month now. Not to much going on this week ... my DDB's oldest daughter is having a bday party on Sat and then my little sister high school graduation party is sat night

mama3o June 25th, 2013 07:00 AM

Food shopping.... cooking... sweating!

ThaiSpice June 25th, 2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple_cat (Post 27473484)
I am really sick so I am still trying to rest as much as possible. We have family coming to visit for the 4th so hopefully everyone in my house will be healthy by then!

Sorry! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaineBean (Post 27473538)
I'm back to work tomorrow. Suckfest.

Ew...sorry to you, too! What do your kids do while you're working from home?

nameetog June 25th, 2013 12:42 PM

Purple_cat - are you feeling better??

MaineBean June 25th, 2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaiSpice (Post 27475938)
What do your kids do while you're working from home?

Tuesdays they are both home. My son watches Sesame Street and Daniel Tiger from 10-11:30. The rest of the time I try to redirect him with books or drawing or eating. Ingrid eats and pretends to nap. Fridays will be just her, so I can keep her on my lap to eat while I work and I'll be spending a lot of time trying to get her to keep quiet. When she sleeps it is fine, but she spends a lot of time being cranky and refuses to be entertained, so it's a little tough.