JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Cloth Diaper Question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2664350-cloth-diaper-question.html)

Karilynn6 July 8th, 2013 01:02 PM

Cloth Diaper Question

What can I do about the stains? I just wash them in a very gentle detergent, and they are all stained now (some of the covers have stains, too.) I read about stripping them a variety of different ways (Dawn, bleach, vinegar, baking soda, etc.). I know drying them in the sun can help, but what have you all found to work best? I'm packing them up to take to my MIL's house on vacation this week and I don't want her to be grossed out by the stains.

JennBer July 8th, 2013 01:07 PM

Re: Cloth Diaper Question

I don't cloth diaper but when R blows out and gets it on her cloths I soak them in OxyClean over night. I mix 1 scoop in about 1/2 a sinks worth of water(fairly normal sized kitchen sink) in a bucket and let them soak over night. I use hot water when I mix the stuff in, it is suppose to help activate it better than cold. I have even used it to get tomato based stains out of white shirts!

MapleGranola July 8th, 2013 01:16 PM

We use buncha farmers stain stick, it's all natural and smells amazing.. Works wonderful on stains of all kinds. You can use RLR too

MaineBean July 8th, 2013 02:17 PM

I swear by drying them in the sun. Those bright yellow poop stains are gone in a matter of hours with no extra effort. It won't do anything for smell (that might be an issue where they need to be stripped) and you might want to bring them in still damp to throw in the dryer so they aren't crunchy. But the sun is amazing for taking out the yellow.

*Anya* July 8th, 2013 02:54 PM

Sun them! works like magic :) stripping diapers is to get ride of detergent build up, it'll do nothing for the stains.

ThaiSpice July 8th, 2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaineBean (Post 27505620)
I swear by drying them in the sun. Those bright yellow poop stains are gone in a matter of hours with no extra effort. It won't do anything for smell (that might be an issue where they need to be stripped) and you might want to bring them in still damp to throw in the dryer so they aren't crunchy. But the sun is amazing for taking out the yellow.

Ditto. I don't CD, but sunning works wonders with poop stains on clothes. I've also used oxyclean or vinegar, soaking overnight.

MapleGranola July 8th, 2013 03:21 PM

I sunned all my cd stash and it did absolutely nothing for stains.. Darn NY sun

MaineBean July 8th, 2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrskk826 (Post 27505787)
I sunned all my cd stash and it did absolutely nothing for stains.. Darn NY sun

I'm in Maine- I feel like my sun is probably weaker than yours, or at least equivalent. I think the cloth needs to be wet for it to work right?

nameetog July 8th, 2013 07:51 PM

yes, wet. I'm in NH and it works wonders on our stains

*Anya* July 8th, 2013 11:19 PM

yes hang it out wet right after washing.