JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   **October Chit Chat** (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2683303-october-chit-chat.html)

Missa_Mae October 3rd, 2013 04:06 PM

**October Chit Chat**

Sooooo how about that Gov't shutdown?

ThaiSpice October 4th, 2013 07:07 AM

Re: **October Chit Chat**

Crazy. So far, it isn't having too much of an impact on me personally. We live in a town with a military base, though, and there have been lots of furloughs there.

I'm so glad it's Friday! I'm exhausted, my house is a mess, and I seriously need to get myself organized. Grace has not been feeling well the past couple of days...hoping she can rest it off over the weekend, and also that it doesn't spread to the rest of us.

Twirlbird October 4th, 2013 04:27 PM

I don't know what ripples are going to affect us north of the border. Hoping for nothing....

I feel horrible for WIC recipients, surely to god they can do something???

ThaiSpice October 5th, 2013 09:19 AM

By some sort of Saturday miracle, I managed to stay in bed til 7, then later Anna took a nap while Grace quietly entertained herself. The rest of the day will probably be complete chaos lol.

Missa_Mae October 5th, 2013 02:01 PM

We were going to go to the pumpkin farm but it's pretty rainy and yucky so I think we'll go Thurs on my birthday!

HalfDozen October 5th, 2013 06:17 PM

Lazy Saturday around here, but that's fine by me. I have to clean my closet this weekend since one of my children woke me up last night to ask what happened to it. Apparently, while we were all at Jasmine's volleyball game, 2/3 of the shelving (also used to hang clothes) came crashing down.

ThaiSpice October 14th, 2013 03:28 PM

My head is spinning these days. I have too much going on, for real. Tomorrow is Anna's 6 month well visit, and I'm taking the morning off work. Looking forward to sleeping in a bit!

ThaiSpice October 14th, 2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missa_Mae (Post 27700940)
Sooooo how about that Gov't shutdown?

I just got an email from our chancellor...a group of employees are being furloughed. It's a small group of researchers who also work at the VA. Hoping all of this can be resolved soon.

JennBer October 15th, 2013 01:51 PM

Oh that sucks! So far no impact on me and my family. And as far as I know wic still works. Everyone I know on it is still getting benefits anyway. Hope that that is true everywhere.

ThaiSpice October 27th, 2013 02:50 PM

Unfortunately Grace has discovered the What Dose the Fox Say video and she thinks its hysterical. Wants to watch it all the time. Aaand now it's stuck in my head.

Oh, and Anna is sick. :( Most likely viral...cough, sneezing, runny nose, etc. We've pretty much done nothing but snuggle all day.

Grace October 29th, 2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaiSpice (Post 27762401)
Unfortunately Grace has discovered the What Dose the Fox Say video and she thinks its hysterical. Wants to watch it all the time. Aaand now it's stuck in my head.

Oh, and Anna is sick. :( Most likely viral...cough, sneezing, runny nose, etc. We've pretty much done nothing but snuggle all day.

Hope she feels better soon! and LOL to what does the fox say. My oldest showed it to me a few weeks ago since one of his Jr high teachers showed it to the class. It quickly became my 2 year old favorite song, at first I thought it was too weird for me but eventually it grew on me. Sadly it's stuck in my head and now and then I'll sing it :rolleyes:

ThaiSpice October 29th, 2013 07:23 PM

Thanks! And yeah...I can't get it out of my head tonight because Grace asked to watch it again tonight. She's so cute when she tries to sing it lol.

MaineBean October 30th, 2013 10:29 AM

I finally watched the Fox video this weekend- DH and I didn't get it.

I have been so freaking busy lately. Between tons going on at work and then a weekend trip to Boston for the circus for my son, then Halloween party last weekend... it's been insane. I am bellydancing at a restaurant this Saturday night, but otherwise there is nothing planned and I'm thrilled about it.

Pretty Crispy October 31st, 2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaineBean (Post 27768385)
I finally watched the Fox video this weekend- DH and I didn't get it.

Watched it once. Don't get it either. Found it pretty dumb.

ThaiSpice October 31st, 2013 09:05 AM

Oh yes, it's beyond ridiculous. Grace likes the animal costumes and the crazy sounds.

This week just will not end. I'm so ready for October/Halloween to be over.

So the nurses in one of our infusion centers always go all out for Halloween with themed costumes and decorations. Well, part of their decorations this year included a teepee, complete with "smoke" from a fog machine. Yeah. So they've already set off the fire alarm. Genius.

MaineBean October 31st, 2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaiSpice (Post 27770320)
Well, part of their decorations this year included a teepee, complete with "smoke" from a fog machine. Yeah. So they've already set off the fire alarm. Genius.

Ha ha ha! Oh man, points for creativity but hello?!?! And in a hospital no less- not cool.

ThaiSpice November 4th, 2013 07:43 AM

^ No kidding! I just wonder how embarrassed they were when the fire department showed up LOL.