JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   mommy phase (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2684546-mommy-phase.html)

utexas10 October 9th, 2013 06:48 AM

mommy phase

For the past 3 days baby A has been going through an I only want mommy phase. She is perfectly happy playing with anyone as long as she can't see me but if I am in the room then I am the only one she wants. I love that she wants me but I want her to go back to playing with everyone else. How long does this phase usually last?

MsRK October 9th, 2013 07:22 AM

Re: mommy phase

I noticed that in the last week Darion has been getting much better with this. My sister and brother in law came over yesterday and I was able to sit him on the sofa between my sister and BIL and he just looked at them and played with his toys.

So I left the room to get some work done in my office and he was still fine. So I think that he is coming out of that phase slowly. We went for a walk on Saturday and stopped at a few neighbors yard sales and he just sat in his stroller and smiled at people when they came close to speak to him. Usually he would start screaming.

I still don't know how he will do when more people are around or if they try to pick him up. But this is still an improvement by far than before. So we will see. His phase has been going on for about 2 months now.

Cortney6983 October 9th, 2013 08:59 AM

Lilly is and has been going through that phase i just hope it ends soon but she cant be held by almost anyone else even with me there

HalfDozen October 9th, 2013 11:28 AM

Xavier does this also. It's been going on a couple of weeks. As long as he can't see or hear me, he's perfectly content. However, the instant he knows I'm there, he wants me.

My husband told me a couple of weeks ago that I had to be quiet. ;)

~AmazedByYou~ October 10th, 2013 02:17 PM

Camden is super social. He doesn't care who holds him or talks to him, he's happy. He does fuss for me when he sees me but doesn't have stranger anxiety.

utexas10 October 10th, 2013 03:46 PM

Baby A doesnt have stranger anxiety and is perfectly happy playing with anyone as long as she can't see me. I can't hand her to anyone else, even to put on my shoes. I have to completely leave the room in order to put on my shoes without her fussing for me.

ashley22pa October 13th, 2013 06:53 PM

Cole is the same way lately. He's fine if he can't see me, but as soon as he does he reaches for me. He does this with people he's familiar with such as DH, my parents, and sister. Hope it doesn't last too long!