JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1974-april-2014-playroom/)
-   -   What brand of diapers for little boys? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1974-april-2014-playroom/2693180-what-brand-diapers-for-little-boys.html)

mommy2b43 November 18th, 2013 05:14 PM

What brand of diapers for little boys?

My girls are allergic to pampers so I will not even be trying them for my little wild thing. I always used huggies and now target brand. However, I have a $25 amazon mom credit and not sure what to spend it on! I've heard huggies are not as good for little boys. I didn't like Luvs with my girls either- what else is there??? Anyone with a boy use/like huggies? I plan to buy one big case or something with subscribe and save plus my $25 off credit it should be like nothing.

mommy2b43 November 18th, 2013 05:19 PM

Re: What brand of diapers for little boys?

BTW if you want to sign up for amazon mom- they brought back lots of savings too =):

Amazon Mom

Jessimaaka November 18th, 2013 05:39 PM

I know people have recommended Kirkland brand (Costco). I personally used pampers and found it perfect for a boy. Hope you find something that works for you guys!

mommy2b43 November 18th, 2013 05:57 PM

Okay I realized that it's only "eligible" purchases and the only viable option is pampers and I can get a case for $1.76. Plus, I have swagbucks $5 giftcard so = zero for me. I'm still worried I won't be able to use them but my first didn't develop her allergy right away so maybe they'll work...

oh if you want to sign up for swagbucks (I've gotten about $20 in amazon gift cards from it in the last couple months):

swagbucks.com/refer/cupcake1007

katiep726 November 18th, 2013 06:02 PM

After trying what felt like a dozen brands of diapers we stuck with pampers swaddlers for DS. Huggies were probably the worst at newborn stage, too loose on the legs and lots of bold outs!! Now we use Luvs cause they're chePer but they didn't work when he was an infant.

Bekki November 18th, 2013 06:17 PM

Pampers swaddlers for newborn too. My boy is in huggies now, but definitely pampers as a newborn.

RandE November 19th, 2013 12:40 AM

Huggies did not work for my son during the nb stage. We used Pampers swaddlers and they worked great. We are still a Pampers family. Though since about 1 year he has been able to use huggies as well. They just don't hold quite as well as Pampers.

mzshell13 November 19th, 2013 04:37 AM

which pampers was your daughter allergic too? My son was fine with swaddlers but I bought a case with Dry Max/ Baby Dry and he got a horrible rash. A lot of people complained about it onlibe, and I think they made changes. I still only use Pampers swaddlers or cruisers for my daughter.

I also was able to use Huggies when my son was past the newborn stage woth no issues. The key for me with a boy was to buy "overnight" diapers a size bigger than daytime. I was having leaks ever night until someone I n my sons playroom recommended that.

mommy2b43 November 19th, 2013 05:13 AM

I don't remember- the first time was just regular pampers size 3 and they may or may not have been swaddlers but this was 5 years ago. With #2 it was the sensitive ones which just made me mad lol. I like the design of pampers- just don't understand why they have to be scented. I'm going to get this box of diapers 140 size 1 for under $2 can't be beat...so even if he's allergic there's no real loss. I'll probably buy a small thing of newborn as well later.

luv my 3 girls November 19th, 2013 05:20 AM

Whoa! having 3 girls I didn't even realize that this diaper "issue" was an actual problem with having a boy....

guess I have a lot to learn!!!

mommy2b43 November 19th, 2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv my 3 girls (Post 27807373)
Whoa! having 3 girls I didn't even realize that this diaper "issue" was an actual problem with having a boy....

guess I have a lot to learn!!!

lol me too- I just had heard from other moms that huggies sucked for little boys.

This is why I love Amazon- after all that I found out that I couldn't use the stupid promotional credit on anything worth buying (they were very very very misleading in advertising)!! So, I called and complained. Now, I have a $25 credit for *anything*...I think I shall use it on one of the Christmas presents for oldest DD and put off the whole diaper issue for later. I still have no clue what brand to buy for Max. I really wish pampers weren't so awful for my kids but maybe Max will have better luck!

Blue Eyes 409 November 19th, 2013 06:15 AM

My girls were allergic to cheap diapers I used luvs with both of them and I already have 5 packs of luvs for this baby.

kemper2.0 November 19th, 2013 07:57 AM

I've never really used anything except Huggies and Pampers. I use Pampers swaddlers during the newborn stage and Huggies for the rest of the time.

Huggies are HORRIBLE for newborns, in my opinion. Especially for boys because the umbilical corn notch is cut way low and they leak like crazy out of the top.

Gray_baby November 19th, 2013 10:45 AM

I've used Pampers with both of my girls - first Swaddlers then I switch to Baby Dry around size 3 or 4. I've never noticed an odor with either of those. Now when I tried Luvs I HATED the way they smelled which is why I never bought them again. Ewwwwww! I plan to start with Pampers again with my boy but guess we'll see how it goes - but it's nice to hear others liked them for boys.

MaggieLizer November 19th, 2013 11:15 AM

My favorite brand was actually Parents Choice (Walmart) but I guess you can't get those on Amazon. I don't remember what else we used in the early days. I have heard good things about Kirkland too and part of me wants to say that I actually have seen those for sale on Amazon before.

mommy2b43 November 19th, 2013 11:15 AM

Has anyone used target brand for their older boys? I'm hoping to maybe use pampers for baby max and then switch to something cheaper.