JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1974-april-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Well Darn... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1974-april-2014-playroom/2701971-well-darn.html)

Boos Moo January 6th, 2014 05:32 PM

Well Darn...

So I had emailed my weekly numbers over to the nurse as I do every week and tonight I got a call from my new high risk doctor (she didn't realize we have an appointment tomorrow, she works at 2 offices). Because over half of my fasting numbers are still a little higher than they'd like she's recommending insulin. My meal numbers have been mostly good with diet and glyburide (sometimes they are even lower than what they like to see for fasting), it's my fasting numbers that I have problems with (same as last pregnancy, though we did better with meds, but Boo was still over 10 pounds).
I'll find out tomorrow what to expect (dosage, how often, etc) since I've never been on it before (sigh).

geogeek January 6th, 2014 05:37 PM

Re: Well Darn...

Sorry that you are having struggles. I hope that you get things sorted out.

NehaT January 6th, 2014 08:53 PM

Sorry to hear that..hope everything will be well!

AnnaBonana January 6th, 2014 09:51 PM

I'm sorry to hear this! Hopefully tomorrow you can get some more information and feel,confident in the direction things are taking. ((Hugs))

Jessimaaka January 7th, 2014 05:11 AM

Hope you get more info today. That sucks :(

juliebee123 January 7th, 2014 07:02 AM

I am so sorry. Is the other day with really low sugar related?

luv my 3 girls January 7th, 2014 07:13 AM

hate to hear this! hoping for some good concrete news for you.

Boos Moo January 7th, 2014 07:18 AM

Julie, the low one on Sunday was a fluke as it's only been low (not that low) once before during this pregnancy.
I was hoping to be able to find a good balance of meds to get the morning ones more stable (this morning they were 82 which is perfect, but the other day I had one as high as 133, 33 points to high). At least it will only be for 3 months and I understand why they don't want to keep letting me try diet and medicine to keep them down. Each week as I get further along the hormones cause my sugars to elevate and there is only so much medicine they'll allow before going to insulin. My old doctor was going to recommend doing a combination of glyburide and metaforim, but I guess each doctor is different.
My appointment is this afternoon. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the encouragement, I'm a little nervous about the insulin. Not because of the shots (I already have to poke my fingers 4 times a day), but because I'm worried I might get to low again. But I'll discuss that with her today.

Blue Eyes 409 January 7th, 2014 09:22 AM

Im sorry but I so know what your going threw. I was worried about lows at night to but so far my lowest at 3am was 81 so its not as bad as I thought. The insulin I take at night is long acting so it don't drop it as much. Good luck.

Boos Moo January 7th, 2014 10:10 AM

Sandy, do you have to take it during the day also, or just at night. I know you have the 'dawn' thing as well.

Blue Eyes 409 January 7th, 2014 01:00 PM

I take

Breakfast
19 units R
39 units N

Dinner
14 units R

Bedtime
14 units N

It takes a few days to get in your system I had to get up at 3am and take my sugar for 4 days to make sure it don't go to low.

Boos Moo January 7th, 2014 01:13 PM

Thanks for the info. We leave in about an hour, so I should get back on tonight to update.

rainbowbaby14 January 7th, 2014 02:08 PM

That stinks! Hope you can get it regulated with the insulin!

Blue Eyes 409 January 7th, 2014 05:40 PM

Any update?

Boos Moo January 7th, 2014 09:01 PM

I'm going to update in another thread about my whole appointment. But it's looking good.