JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1974-april-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Induction scheduled for Monday :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1974-april-2014-playroom/2713926-induction-scheduled-for-monday.html)

mrs.nowak March 25th, 2014 04:51 PM

Induction scheduled for Monday :)

We get to meet our little girl on Monday, if we are lucky, but since it is early maybe labor will go into Tuesday. (April fools baby???) My OB said today at our apt that if I wanted I could have induced today, since the BP's are climbing even with all the precautions I've been taking, in addition, I am spilling more proteins than ever now. But I wanted to wait until at least 37.5 weeks, which would be Mon. Then, technically she is "full term" and has less of a NICU risk. I have another NST tomorrow which also could result in an induction if he feels necessary. What made me happy was that Leah's health was not in question, just potentially if we were to wait longer than a few weeks. But I have been having such intense BH's that I am sore at the end of the day- telling OB that made him even more intent on induction. Cervix is soft and in front- I think that is how he put it.

I am excited but upset with myself for being so apprehensive and kind of like a rock-head. It just hasn't sunk in that I could be having a baby tomorrow if not Monday. It may hit me at the same time the Pitocin does lol.

LittleVera March 25th, 2014 04:58 PM

Re: Induction scheduled for Monday :)

Wow! Yay! Please don't be upset with yourself for experiencing completely natural emotions! It's both an exciting and strange time. Good luck with everything, and congrats! :)

geogeek March 25th, 2014 05:02 PM

Yay! I hope it is great!

kemper2.0 March 25th, 2014 06:33 PM

How fun and congrats! Sorry you are having troubles, but I am sure she will be just fine :) Monday is my induction date as well!!

Jessimaaka March 25th, 2014 07:13 PM

Hope everything goes well and a minimal nicu stay :)

AnnaBonana March 25th, 2014 07:20 PM

Good luck and keep us posted! I hope everything goes really well!

juliebee123 March 25th, 2014 07:23 PM

Yay! So exciting.

madismama16 March 25th, 2014 07:57 PM

Good Luck!!

MrsPalumbo March 26th, 2014 06:00 AM

That's exciting! It didn't "hit me" until I was in the hospital in labor. OMG I have to push a whole human out of me!!! It was so surreal. I hope everything goes well for you!

Boos Moo March 26th, 2014 07:08 AM

Sending you ELV for Monday (or earlier if you go). KUP :)