JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1974-april-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Labor music? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1974-april-2014-playroom/2716049-labor-music.html)

love.our.logan579 April 11th, 2014 09:34 AM

Labor music?

Who had a specific playlist or is making one?
What types of music are you planning on having on it, any specific artists or songs?

For Logan I had some random playlist that had a lot of relaxed rock on it, U2, Coldplay, Jack Johnson, a little Katie Herzig & Norah Jones. I went through an obsessively in love with Brett Dennen phase right before I had Eden so I think I just had it on his pandora station when I had her. I'm trying to make a playlist for Arden's birth now & would love any recommendations! :)

NehaT April 11th, 2014 09:48 AM

Re: Labor music?

Ohh that made me remember..i have to charge my ipod!! I ll have classic and slow songs.. But nothing specific!

MrsPalumbo April 11th, 2014 10:17 AM

I'm a fan of Adele and Sarah McLaughlin. Country is always a winner in my book. I also like Edie Carey, Catie Curtis, Tracy Chapman, Colbie Callait and Sarah Harmer. DMB, Counting Crows, Pearl Jam. Oh boy I'm too indecisive. They would all be on my playlist!

MKnaomi April 11th, 2014 10:37 AM

We were just uploading a bunch of CD's that weren't on DH's computer last night. Then he will sort the songs and make a play list, he is in charge of all things media. We use contemporary worship/praise music, it helps me to take the focus off myself. If you know who they are, it's pretty much entirely Hillsong Music from Australia. If I can find any, I'll include Jesus Culture as well, who are from California.

love.our.logan579 April 11th, 2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MKnaomi (Post 28038119)
We were just uploading a bunch of CD's that weren't on DH's computer last night. Then he will sort the songs and make a play list, he is in charge of all things media. We use contemporary worship/praise music, it helps me to take the focus off myself. If you know who they are, it's pretty much entirely Hillsong Music from Australia. If I can find any, I'll include Jesus Culture as well, who are from California.

I love Hillsong United! I'm planning on having their song "Oceans" on my playlist for sure! :)

love.our.logan579 April 11th, 2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsPalumbo (Post 28038089)
I'm a fan of Adele and Sarah McLaughlin. Country is always a winner in my book. I also like Edie Carey, Catie Curtis, Tracy Chapman, Colbie Callait and Sarah Harmer. DMB, Counting Crows, Pearl Jam. Oh boy I'm too indecisive. They would all be on my playlist!

Oh yes, DMB & Counting Crows!! Idk how I forgot about them! I also really love Phillip Phillips, he reminds me so much of DMB.

So far I have:
Mumford
Of monsters and men
Brett Dennen
Katie Herzig
Coldplay
Jack Johnson
Hillsong
OAR
Passenger

Justin thought it would be hilarious to have "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash, "Push it" by Salt n Peppa, "Under Pressure" by Queen & "Hurt so Good" by John Mellencamp :lol: I'm totally adding them if nothing else to lift the mood & make my midwifes giggle

HeyBaby April 11th, 2014 11:51 AM

I've put my husband in charge of the playlist. I'm requesting U2, Nickelcreek, Beatles, Coldplay, Sheryl Crow...stuff of that ilk. I'm sure he'll do a good job. If I get picky in the moment, I can always plug into Pandora radio.