JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1974-april-2014-playroom/)
-   -   C-Section Recovery (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1974-april-2014-playroom/2719497-c-section-recovery.html)

Moi May 7th, 2014 01:05 PM

C-Section Recovery

How long did it take you to recover from your c-section? A week out I still have considerable pain in by the incision and in my abdomen. I'm still seriously swollen in my feet and legs from all the fluids they pumped me with. I have noThing really to wear. Due to my swollen legs, my maternity pants are not that comfortable. I wore non-maternity yoga pants throughout the pregnancy and those hit the incision so I can't wear them. In addition, I'm bummed about the lifting restrictions. Our apartment is up a flight of stairs. Our stroller is obviously heavier than baby, so I can't take walks. And with the incision, I'm not able to use my carrier. I'm going a little crazy - I'm completely stuck in the house. Is it really going to take 4-6 weeks to feel better?

Luvgreen19 May 7th, 2014 02:35 PM

Re: C-Section Recovery

For me, the first week was the worst. Now at 2 weeks out, my swelling is gone, my abdomen no longer hurts (so i have to be conscious of not overdoing it) and clothes fit comfortably again. I'm sure everyone heals differently, but for me, I feel really good again, and about 8-9 days out could barely tell that I had had surgery. I hope you feel better REALLY soon!

hspw714 May 7th, 2014 04:50 PM

I felt pretty much back to normal after 3.5 weeks. I am not overdoing anything though and haven't started working out or lifting anything heavier than the baby. I had a really rough time the 1st week and it wasn't much better the 2nd. I was still on pain medication then but now I'm completely off.

juliebee123 May 7th, 2014 05:24 PM

i felt fine by two weeks out. back to walking etc. first 4 days were the worst. then i felt a lot better. my first csection was worse.

Tersh May 7th, 2014 06:59 PM

I echo what the others said. My swelling and pain took about a week to subside. I am now at three weeks and still sore if I walk too much or try to lift too much. I feel for you-I'm going stir crazy too and my DH is greeting tired of doing all the housework, groceries and stuff for my other 2 kids!

Forestry baby May 8th, 2014 12:22 PM

My swelling is finally going away, thank goodness. My legs and ankles were enormous and it took a week to settle down. My incision is still sore, it's been 8 days so I am taking some Tylenol/ibuprofen to help with it. I am trying not to do too much which is hard. I hope you heal quickly.

HeyBaby May 8th, 2014 08:37 PM

My sitch is exactly like Forestry baby's. I'm on day 9. It's really hard for me to not use my abs.

Sprinkles88 May 15th, 2014 07:21 PM

By 3.5 weeks I am starting to feel well enough to do most things, but in moderation.. by the end of a busy day my incision feels pretty sore. The first week in the hospital and then the first week home I didn't feel well enough to get out of bed except to use the washroom, I had no appetite and had to force myself to eat, and besides breast feeding my husband did everything for the baby and I. I think everyone recovers differently and I think maybe I am recovering slower, I also think it depends on what happened before the c-section, I had 24 hours of induced labour, 4 hours of pushing, failed forceps and then a c-section, so it was pretty hard on me physically!

MrsPalumbo May 22nd, 2014 04:48 AM

Its Julie...I felt great by the end of the 2 week and by the 3 week was feeling so good we walked in the park and around the little fair we had. every once in a while I get pains in my stomach but that is usually because I'm ripping my 100 pound dog off my other dog or because I got my foot stuck in Tammy flip flop side ways ( don't ask). My swelling went down by the end of the first week. Most of you already think Im wonder woman or something so don't listen to whats going on with me im a freak of nature apparently.