JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Arts and Crafts (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f49-arts-and-crafts/)
-   -   Artsy Crafty Questionnaire (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f49-arts-and-crafts/2572756-artsy-crafty-questionnaire.html)

Spyctre September 13th, 2012 05:15 AM

Artsy Crafty Questionnaire

So how long have you been crafting?

What was the first craft that got you started? (not something momma or teacher made you do)

What do you enjoy doing now?

Got any Pinterest Projects that you want to give a shot?

Do you sell your work, or is it for your own pleasure?

Have your kids got the crafting bug?

Has your significant other?

Do you have a website where you post your work other than here?

Spyctre October 9th, 2012 12:35 PM

Re: Artsy Crafty Questionnaire

Come on, ladies! Even if it is slow, you should like to talk about yourself!

So how long have you been crafting? I started when I was 8 years old so 22 years for me now.

What was the first craft that got you started? (not something momma or teacher made you do) A cross-stitch Christmas Tree.

What do you enjoy doing now? Lately, I've been making hair bows, doing bead-weaving, and making magazine crosses.

Got any Pinterest Projects that you want to give a shot? Bunches! Here are a few:

http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com...qAzjnCr3_c.jpg

http://media-cache0.pinterest.com/up...MtTUZAah_c.jpg

http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com...4fFl8pqt_c.jpg

Do you sell your work, or is it for your own pleasure? I stopped commissions a lot time ago, but every now and then I do one for an old customer. For the most part, I do everything for me.

Have your kids got the crafting bug? Alice loves when I do handprint and footprint art with her, but that's about it.

Has your significant other? He crochets. :)

Do you have a website where you post your work other than here? arwenart.com, but it hasn't been updated in months. :P

8miraclez October 14th, 2012 01:52 PM

So how long have you been crafting? Since I was a kid

What was the first craft that got you started? (not something momma or teacher made you do) I sewed a dress for a doll I had

What do you enjoy doing now? Sewing, painting, crocheting, knitting, sculpting

Got any Pinterest Projects that you want to give a shot? Yes, but there are so many I don't know where to start.

Do you sell your work, or is it for your own pleasure? Some. I usually end up using it for my kids, but if someone asks, I will make something and sell it

Have your kids got the crafting bug? some have. It would be great if they could do it on their own, but right now, it usually means spending the entire evening showing them how to glue something together

Has your significant other? no, he writes music though

Do you have a website where you post your work other than here? yes Me Made Boutique although I am awful at keeping it updated

Surrounded October 14th, 2012 08:08 PM

So how long have you been crafting?I was always the child trying to put something together. even if it meant I was in the garage with a hammer and nails or inside splattering paint all over the dining table.

What was the first craft that got you started? (not something momma or teacher made you do) Don't remember. I've just always been if I wanted something and couldn't get it I tried to make it or something similar. That and arts and crafts from day care to Sunday school were always enjoyable.

What do you enjoy doing now? Scrapbooking though I haven't in a while, crotcheting, and sewing. The sewing became work lately but it is becoming enjoyable again.

Got any Pinterest Projects that you want to give a shot? I don't do Pinterest

Do you sell your work, or is it for your own pleasure? Both. Scrapbooking I do only for me. I make my babies and friends babies crotchet blankets but I sell them to my mom for her friends baby showers. She teaches and it seems several people are pregnant every year and for them I use the really nice yarn. I basically give it to her for what it costs me to make. The sewing is currently all made and sold for/through our business. Hopefully, I am going to change that soon. Or have a very pregnant temper tantrum! Not grown up of me but for now I use the hormonal excuse and only rarely pull them on my husband.

Have your kids got the crafting bug? My oldest is about to turn 4 but yes. He likes to paint and sit in my lap to help me work my sewing machine. He has recently discovered my felt scraps and tacky glue so he is in heaven when it is time to "work".

Has your significant other? Absolutely not though on rare occassions he will surprise me. He doesn't actually craft anything but he is very adept at turning my vague ideas into workable reality and bailing me out when I have bitten off more than I can chew. Plus, he does all my math for when I am making a quilt. I'm terrible at math.

Do you have a website where you post your work other than here? I post some stuff to my FB but other than that we have our business website (Busy Body Pets) though it doesn't have any of my sewn things on it yet. It is new and still needs to be updated to show all of our products.

Girl IS my name October 22nd, 2012 02:10 PM

So how long have you been crafting? I've been seriously crafting for about 7 years now. But I've known how to crochet since I was little.

What was the first craft that got you started? (not something momma or teacher made you do) A scarf and then pillows and then blankets.

What do you enjoy doing now? Crocheting, some cross stitch and needlepoint.

Got any Pinterest Projects that you want to give a shot? OH yeah! Mostly stuff with painted feet and handprints.

Do you sell your work, or is it for your own pleasure? I have a piece that I'm going to sell as soon as I get it finished. It was for friends that got married, but now they're divorced.

Have your kids got the crafting bug? Only if trying to eat the yarn counts.

Has your significant other? Definitely not.

Do you have a website where you post your work other than here? I posted a tutu I did on Pinterest. But other than that, not really.

Arwen, I love the dream catcher. I want to make one too, but I doubt it'd look that good and I don't know where to start!!

Spyctre October 23rd, 2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Girl McD's Mommy (Post 26683230)
Arwen, I love the dream catcher. I want to make one too, but I doubt it'd look that good and I don't know where to start!!

That one is easy. Buy a brass ring from the craft store. Wrap it in something hippies would like. Get your doily, tea stain that sucker. Or I guess you could be prissy and leave it white. Or just buy an off white one. Anyway... Get some thin twine, secure your doily to your ring. Tie stuff from Grandma's scrap box to the end. Done! Hang and sit back and nod when people compliment you on it because you know it's awesome.

Edit: don't forget they used Lightroom or something for the photograph so don't judge yours on theirs. You can make anything gorgeous with the proper editing program. *coughINSTAGRAMcough* Not saying ours will look horrible. lol Ours will be awesome!