JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   assisted birth stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f360-assisted-birth-stories/)
-   -   Korbin Davids homebirth story! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f360-assisted-birth-stories/2348114-korbin-davids-homebirth-story.html)

HippyMomOf4 June 11th, 2011 02:36 PM

Korbin Davids homebirth story!

Korbin Davidís Birth Story!

On June 2nd, 2011 I woke up sometime after 1am having some cramps and little contractions. I didn't think much about it because I didn't think it would be labor starting. I was able to fall back asleep until around 2:40 and then I was woken up with some pretty intense contractions. I woke up Chris and told him I was pretty sure I was going into labor!! We both headed downstairs so I wouldn't wake up the kids. The contractions were 5 min apart and lasting 1 min, very strong too! I used my birth ball for awhile and that helped with my pain, once that didn't help anymore I starting walking around and leaning on Chris for support when I would have contractions and that really helped. At around 4:30 I told Chris to call the midwives because I knew for sure now I was in labor. He called them and they got to my house around 5am. While waiting on them to show up we got the tub filled so I could get some relief that way. Once they got here I went upstairs with Sunshine and she wanted to check me to see where I was, to my surprise I was 9cm already and my bag was like right there about to break. I went back downstairs and got into the tub, Brooke hooked up my IV since I was gbs positive and I was able to get a dose of the antibiotics. Korbin was still high up and needed to come down more. At around 6:30 I started pushing to move him down and thatís when things got very intense. My girls sat on the bottom of the stairs in awe of what was going on, my poor baby boy Thayden cried anytime I moaned or yelled out in pain. So we decided to take the birth upstairs because I couldn't stand being in the pool anymore. It was a great effort to climb the stairs and I ended up stopping half way because I had to push! I finally got into my room and tried lying down in my bed but that was very painful and uncomfortable, so I decided to stand by the side of the bed for awhile and just push standing. This made it easier to get through the contractions and pushing. After awhile he came down more and I was able to lay on my side in the bed and push on my side for awhile, it really helped me because in between contractions I was able to rest very well and regain some of my composure( I was losing it by this point lol). I ended up moving to my back and pushing which was very helpful and brought him down a lot. My midwife Brooke then suggested that I squat down holding onto the bedpost and push a few times in hopes that my water would break, it was hard to get out of the bed but I somehow found the strength!! I squatted down and pushed once and my water broke, right after my water broke I pushed a few times squatting but the pressure was so intense I had to lie back down. Thankfully my friend Lyndsey make it just in the nick of time) my water broke around 8:18 and we welcomed Korbin David into this world at 8:32am!!! He was caught by his daddy and it was definitely an amazing experience. We then waited for the cord to stop pulsing and Chris cut it. Korbin turned sunny side up at the last minute and my midwives were surprised by this lol. My homebirth was an awesome, amazing, empowering experience and I would do it all over again! I had a great supportive husband which I couldn't have done this without him! I also had a great supportive team and my friend who came right into the room with encouraging and positive words)

Korbin David born at 41 weeks
7lbs 6oz 19 inches

WendyBird June 24th, 2011 08:19 AM

Re: Korbin Davids homebirth story!

Congratulations Mama! Korbin is beautiful.

lrowe70 June 25th, 2011 08:51 PM

Congrats to you!

Angel.Eyes4351 August 1st, 2011 09:05 PM

Congratulations!

wentzlaffs August 10th, 2011 07:57 PM

Awsome! Congrats!