JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   assisted birth stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f360-assisted-birth-stories/)
-   -   Arriana's Homebirth! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f360-assisted-birth-stories/2660232-arrianas-homebirth.html)

marialena June 20th, 2013 08:11 PM

Arriana's Homebirth!

Well I didn't get my birth story all written up but long story short... I broke my water with a little finger condom hook with my midwife about 7:50pm on April 2nd (my midwife tried a few days before and couldn't reach). I started having contractions at about 9pm. I had the photographer come at about 10pm (I thought things would go quickly since this was my third baby../). The midwives came about midnight. I then labored (zen like, without much pain at all) for the next 5 hours. Once transition started I thought we might be on our way but no, they came nice and slow for another 3 hours! The entire time i kept wishing for more pain (because more pain equals more progress right?) once i felt like had been "transitioning" long enough I had my midwife check me, I was at 8 and could stretch to 9... I got up and tried to labor on the toilet one last time and started feeling a little "pushy" the contractions were very un-helpful... we decided I could start pushing so I did. I tried 4 different positions before I got into one where I could get enough energy to push with my weak contractions. At that time I probably pushed for about 5 minutes to get her to start crowning (at this time I was using my hand on top of my belly to help push because the contractions weren't helping very much) and then once I got her head out I felt that the body was going to be larger so I asked what to do... I asked if I should just push and I heard someone say "sure" and sure enough I just pushed the rest out. She was crowning-born within 1 minute! After she was born they told me she had her arm/hand up under her neck and chin which made her a little bigger around the body... Thankfully I got away with out any tears. My beautiful Arriana Lena was born at 8:53am on April 3rd, after 42 weeks and 5 days gestation at 9lbs 4oz, 21 3/4 inches, 14 inch head. Glad it is all over and so glad she is here!! Totally the happiest baby I have ever had!

Here is my birth slideshow! Arriana's Birth - YouTube

GranolaMamaOf3 June 20th, 2013 08:35 PM

Re: Arriana's Homebirth!

You make for a beautiful laboring mama! It sounds like you had a very peaceful birth! Thank you for sharing! Congratulations!!

PS - were either of your other two children present for the actual birth? I'd love to know how that was. (as I prepare for my upcoming birth)

marialena June 21st, 2013 07:54 AM

My kids weren't there for the actual birth, they were upstairs with the neighbor. Mariah said I heard you making the noises to get the baby out (evidently I screamed). The kids did not have an interest in being there for the actual birth, they would rather have fun, it was just perfect. You will have a great birth, no matter what ends up happening :)

sedoolit4 July 2nd, 2013 10:15 AM

I LOVE the slideshow! It looks like you handled labor extremely well. My husband and I are also expecting our third in February and we plan on doing home birth as well this time. I am so tired of the hospital and not being able to hold my baby afterwards. Also, the 48 hour stay is horrible!

Anyways, I hope I can be as strong as you :)

marialena July 9th, 2013 08:54 PM

Good for you for choosing a homebirth! I wouldn't have it any other way :) Just remember we are created to birth babies. The pain can't kill you and it is so very short lived. Funny how only 3 months later I think "I would love to birth another baby" haha we are done with that part of our lives, now on to raising the babies :)