JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Atheist and Agnostic Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f284-atheist-and-agnostic-parenting/)
-   -   Who Are Our Proud Atheists and Agnostics? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f284-atheist-and-agnostic-parenting/271761-who-our-proud-atheists-and-agnostics.html)

NaynayPie August 4th, 2006 09:01 PM

I hope this eventually becomes a sticky.

Let's all give a short introduction. :smile:

Name: Rene

Age(ish): mid-20s

Any kids: a toddler and another on the way

Where are you? : Sitting in a blue chair :P Nah, really, in the US midwest.

What are your interests and hobbies?: Reading, photography, cooking, playing with my toddler, being with my husband, fighting the good fight against infant circumcision, and anything else that catches my fancy.

~Nay

Isabellamom August 5th, 2006 07:50 AM

Name: Sara

Age(ish): upper 20s (almost the big 3-0 ;) )

Any kids: 2 girlies (3 and 19 months) and a newborn baby boy

Where are you? : NE USA

What are your interests and hobbies?: Playing with our kids, seeking out new and interesting things to do with the kids during the day, working out, reading, reading Harry Potter :lol: , having debates with my husband (but always ending them in a loving way, if you know what I mean :lol: ), cooking, learning

babydahl August 5th, 2006 12:44 PM

Name: Leah

Age(ish): 24

Any kids: Daughter, born in Feb.2006

Where are you? : Alberta, Canada

What are your interests and hobbies?: Playing with my DD, spending time with DH, vacationing to hot places, going for walks with DD and our dog, reading.

Number_3 August 7th, 2006 08:57 AM

Name: Kelly

Age(ish): 35

Any kids: 3 kids DS (10 yrs old) DD (7 yrs old) and DD ( 3 months)

Where are you? : western PA

What are your interests and hobbies?: digital art, activism, JM and educating my children in a secular fashion.

ManInTheMoon August 12th, 2006 10:11 PM

Name: Rochelle

Age(ish): 36

Any kids: Two dds (7 & 4 months)

Where are you? : MN

What are your interests and hobbies?: camping, cooking, reading, writing and drawing/painting

kadydid August 15th, 2006 10:01 AM

Name: Kady

Any kids: 3 boys 12, 11, and 16 months
Where are you? : Outside Portland Oregon

What are your interests and hobbies?: Running, (even though that is on hold atm) Gardening, cooking, furniture restoration, my kids and there numerous amounts of sporting events :)

smt August 15th, 2006 12:45 PM

Name: smt ;)

Kids: 3 year old daughter, 9 month old son

Where: Southern California

Interests: Family, Computers, Programming, Debates on circumcision and religion :)

Isabellamom August 15th, 2006 01:40 PM

Do debaters of religion and circumcision go hand in hand? :lol: just noticed there are a few of us here! although since having my son I've actually found myself being less of an activist (or inactivist?- my foreign tongue doesn't always comprehend these :lol: ). Sounds kinda contradictory but I guess I have started to see more of the "what's the point in fighting" side. I have respect for all parents who research the issue first. Of course, this doesn't mean I'll give up the fight hehe

Somehow I don't get this feeling on religious debates...I feel I always have the fire and urge to debate them :lol:

Kath M. August 15th, 2006 10:57 PM

Name: Kathleen

Kids: one Maddie, 4 months

Location: the surface of the sun (at least it feels like it right now) AZ, moving to Olympia WA at the end of August. Yay!

Interests: Backpacking, camping, reading, cooking, gardening, botany

smt August 16th, 2006 07:18 AM

Quote:

Name: smt ;)

Kids: 3 year old daughter, 9 month old son

Where: Southern California

Interests: Family, Computers, Programming, Debates on circumcision and religion :)[/b]
I should add that I am generally agnostic, but I have no problem being atheistic towards specific gods.

Athey August 22nd, 2006 01:55 PM

Name: Athey

Any kids: 1 Girl, Kaya. 3months (was preemie, so is about 1.5mo adjusted)

Where are you? : Sitting at work, Bend Oregon.

What are your interests and hobbies?:
Games, Anime, Drawing, 3d Modeling.
I'm a 3D character artist for a video game studio - worked on Syphon Filter Dark Mirror for PSP. Was/still is the highest rated PSP game to date :D
http://athey.deviantart.com <- some of my artsy stuff.

SchwarzeWitwe September 4th, 2006 06:46 PM

Hannah.

22 tomorrow (5 Sept.)

American. No kids yet.

Hobbies/stuff. I love reading, some TV shows (Grey's Anatomy, House, West Wing, Law & Order), computer, and suchlike.

Number_3 September 5th, 2006 11:12 AM

Quote:

Name: Athey

Any kids: 1 Girl, Kaya. 3months (was preemie, so is about 1.5mo adjusted)

Where are you? : Sitting at work, Bend Oregon.

What are your interests and hobbies?:
Games, Anime, Drawing, 3d Modeling.
I'm a 3D character artist for a video game studio - worked on Syphon Filter Dark Mirror for PSP. Was/still is the highest rated PSP game to date :D
http://athey.deviantart.com <- some of my artsy stuff.[/b]

I just read this and told my 10 yr old DS (who happens to be a huge gamer) and he asked for your autograph..:lol:

Anywho..Welcome!

Quote:

Hannah.

22 tomorrow (5 Sept.)

American. No kids yet.

Hobbies/stuff. I love reading, some TV shows (Grey's Anatomy, House, West Wing, Law & Order), computer, and suchlike.[/b]

Welcome!

choshojo September 10th, 2006 05:31 PM

Name: Cho

Any kids: 5 year old son and baby due in March

Where are you?: Vermont

What are your interests and hobbies?: My son, swimming, music, writing, aesthetic goo, collecting & admiring cute things, video games, cooking & relaxing.

Xtine September 21st, 2006 02:06 PM

Name: Christine

Age(ish): 25

Any kids: a little girl on the way.

Where are you? : Maryland, US

What are your interests and hobbies?: Voraciously reading, computers, programming and web development (python, css, etc.), loving all animals, libertarianism, vegetarianism, knitting,,,

azuredrake October 5th, 2006 10:21 AM

*wave*

Name: Drake (aka Lesha)

Age(ish): 29

Any kids: my first in June

Where are you? : NC..hoping to get back to PA

What are your interests and hobbies?: knitting, playing with the dogs, brewing and drinking beer (not so much these days), gardening, surfing the web!

Aubree October 30th, 2006 09:51 PM

^^V

Name: Aubree

Any Kids: 2 Month old Aleetha

Where are You: Laguna Beach, Southern California

Interests and Hobbies: Anime, Japanese Culture, Crime Investigation, I am an Anthropologist/Archeology Major. Drawng Anime (not as good as Athey though hee hee), Pyschology, Auto Mechanics ( My family and I are Mopar and Mustang heads hee hee). Playing Video Games, Politics, Reading, wrting, and playing with my daughter. ^^

My Art Site ^^

Gemaecca November 15th, 2006 05:18 PM

Name: Stacey

Kids: one on the way

Interests: Collage/assemblage/altered art, knitting, spinning, dyeing wool/fabric, hand bookbinding, philosophy, world religions, psychology of belief

Mommy2jnd November 16th, 2006 12:09 AM

Name: Rhonda

Age(ish): 21

Any kids: my daughter is 2, my son is 11 months

Where are you? : Ohio

What are your interests and hobbies?: this...lol. Hanging out with my kids, poetry, music.

Marieke November 27th, 2006 09:52 AM

Name: Marie

Age(ish): 21

Any kids: None

Where are you? Quebec, Canada

What are your interests and hobbies?: Playing computer games, listening to music, watching movies...