JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   8 Month Breastfeeding Milestone (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/1550957-8-month-breastfeeding-milestone.html)

Toby's-Mommy May 6th, 2009 05:36 PM

8 Month Breastfeeding Milestone

So why don't I feel happy about it? I just feel like a failure because he's only about 70% breastfed anymore, 30% formula. My pumping is slipping further still. Today I barely got 10 oz out of 4 sessions. As I type this, Toby is curled up by my side, nursing himself to sleep. I'm terrified of losing our nusing times together. We've made it 8 months. 3.5 more months of pumping, then he'll be with me at my school. Please say I can make it!

kimber May 6th, 2009 05:53 PM

Re: 8 Month Breastfeeding Milestone

Oh you can SOOOOOO make it!!! And the fact that you've been such a prolific and awesome pumper is testimony to your commitment!!! Toby is SUPER SUPER lucky to hvae you. Don't think you'll lose your supply he will teeth or just feel super needy and you'll be able to keep it going, these kids are geniuses and they KNOW how to get the good stuff!!!

blondie-lox May 6th, 2009 06:08 PM

WAY TO GO! 8 months is wonderful! You should be proud!!!

(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) May 6th, 2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby's-Mommy (Post 15702267)
So why don't I feel happy about it? I just feel like a failure because he's only about 70% breastfed anymore, 30% formula. My pumping is slipping further still. Today I barely got 10 oz out of 4 sessions. As I type this, Toby is curled up by my side, nursing himself to sleep. I'm terrified of losing our nusing times together. We've made it 8 months. 3.5 more months of pumping, then he'll be with me at my school. Please say I can make it!

You can do it hon!!!

:dothug:

The crazy thing about breastfeeding is how insane the conditions to make are. I'm so proud of you for pumping ~ pumping is the WORST! You're doing so awesome by sacrificing so much to be here. (Many women can't do it because it's just too hard.) My hats off to you and I salute you girl!

:dust: I bet you'll be in the BPOY board before you know it. ;)

Cheers,

Michelle

KatiesGirls May 6th, 2009 11:18 PM

I agree!!! :yougogirl:

There are good days and bad days but just remember that you are making it so he still gets that healthy boost of immunities from you with every feeding! You can do it!!!! Congrats for hitting the 8 month milestone!!!

Fluga May 7th, 2009 12:42 AM

That's amazing that you've made it 8 months. If I compare the two of us I've had it so easy being at home with DD the whole time. You're doing something amazing for your son.

*Jack'sMommy* May 7th, 2009 08:24 AM

I really, truly admire you pumping mommies. I don't think I could do it - I believe I have it easy staying home and nursing Jack exclusively!! You have done so great and it sounds like you are still doing great!! Hang in there - you are an amazing mommy to Toby!!

Mountain~Mama May 7th, 2009 01:10 PM

Congrats on 8 months! WTG Mama!