JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   Breastfeeding Check in (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/1557381-breastfeeding-check.html)

ItalySarah May 11th, 2009 11:03 PM

Breastfeeding Check in

Are you BF? How long? How are things going? Is your LO eating solids yet?

KatiesGirls May 12th, 2009 12:37 AM

Re: Breastfeeding Check in

Still going strong here at 8 months. We started introducing solids around 6 months and she is now having one or two every night when we have dinner.

kristen121 May 12th, 2009 04:42 AM

BFing for 5 months here. Things are going well. Not really eating solids yet, but she has had a few tiny tastes of things off my plate occassionally since she always wants to be held while I'm eating and is always very interested in what I have to eat. I'm thinking about trying some cereal or baby food in the next 2-3 weeks.

~Nik*Re~ May 12th, 2009 05:31 AM

Still going strong at 7 months now. No solids yet. I've tried and she just wont take to it, so we'll get there all in good time. I really think she's going to just skip the baby foods and move straight to table food when she's ready.

10x_A_Mommy May 12th, 2009 06:24 AM

Still going strong. Gavin is now 12 months old, nurses at least 6 times a day plus through the night. He does eat table food also. No cow's milk. Gets a sippy with water or juice every once in awhile but he'd much rather hang it upside down and watch it drip rather than drink it (he even gets the no spill ones to drip).

KimberlyD0 May 12th, 2009 06:28 AM

Still going. 12 months on Thursday. She nurses 3-4 times a day, STTN so no night feeds.

We started solids at 6 months. She had baby food for a month, and has been on table foods since. She loves them. She eats 3 meals a day and 2 snacks. She gets 4-8oz of milk in a sippy a day. We're switched her from the formula she was getting at daycare to milk.

No juice. Neither of my kids get juice. Kayla gets is the odd time for special occasions.

keekopeeko May 12th, 2009 07:23 AM

evas almost 7 months.. ive tried solids... she hates them.. I still try something just about everyday.. but no real luck.. Shes basically gonna prob skip to table foods as well

~Em

evas almost 7 months.. ive tried solids... she hates them.. I still try something just about everyday.. but no real luck.. Shes basically gonna prob skip to table foods as well

~Em

keekopeeko May 12th, 2009 07:23 AM

~Em

Gina1978 May 12th, 2009 07:24 AM

Still BFing here :) Its been a year and 11 days and we´re still going strong.
Noelia gets solids twice a day + snacks,so BM is still a huge part of her diet.

Gina1978 May 12th, 2009 07:24 AM

Still BFing here :) Its been a year and 11 days and we´re still going strong.
Noelia gets solids twice a day + snacks,so BM is still a huge part of her diet.

Beaker May 12th, 2009 07:52 AM

Still going strong here at 18 months.

Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy May 12th, 2009 08:10 AM

She's been EBF for 5 months. She's had cereal and fruit

broxi3781 May 12th, 2009 08:21 AM

Ian is 9 months, bf'ing and solids. he eats everything! I still give him purees too though.
Probably tmi here but it looked like too much of the fruit and veg was passing through undigested, likely because he hasnt any top teeth yet, so he eats table food has pureed meat and veg about 2x a week and has fruit purees more often, his fav is homemade apple and blueberry sauce, sometimes we add blackberries and strawberries too.

Mountain~Mama May 12th, 2009 10:01 AM

16 months and 3 months tandom. Still going strong - no end in sight!

Effervescence May 12th, 2009 10:07 AM

Jonah is completely weaned :( he hasn't nursed in at least two weeks. He bites me every time I offer him the breast, and I've actually become reluctant to do so now because of that. I do squeeze whatever I can into his bottles, and I use it to cook his foods with. I am actually amazed at how much I am still producing.

I'm going out next week to get fitted for a normal bra. All I have are nursing bras. I think DH is excited about this next stage LOL

M&RsMom May 12th, 2009 10:46 AM

Rhys weaned about 2 1/2 weeks ago

Fluga May 12th, 2009 11:40 AM

We've passed the year mark and still going strong. I'm really happy about that. In the early days I only dreamt of passing the year mark and here we are. She gets breakfast, lunch and an afternoon fruit. I've been reluctant to add dinner since she is usually sleepy by 6pm. I think I may keep her menu like this for a while longer, 18 months seems like a good time to reevaluate but then again I'll probably end up taking my cues from her whenever she seems to be ready for a change.

She eats some table food when she gets it, we are unfortunatly rather lazy in the cooking department. I try to save her a piece whenever we do cook something (usually dinner after she's asleep anyway).

She hasnt tasted milk but the few spoonfuls she got of yogurt and some fish that had milk in the sauce seemed to bring on a rash on her face. My idea is that she can have it but I would still that she has most of her milk from me. Species specific milk and all that.

MilkyJo May 12th, 2009 12:00 PM

8 months and Ben still loves to nurse. He pretty much demands to be nursed to sleep, so I doubt he'll wean until he grows out of that need. He has breakfast and lunch and the last couple of days I've started to introduce dinner too. He eats pretty well, but when left to his own devices, he much prefers to paint with his food. It ends up in his mouth... eventually.

christy1108 May 12th, 2009 12:02 PM

18 + months :) She nurses 4-5 times a day and eats solids (she's picky though)

blondie-lox May 12th, 2009 12:34 PM

Lincoln will be 9 mos on the 21st, so almost 9 mos here. He just started solid's about 2 weeks ago. He eats cereal for breakfast and has veggies for dinner, and fruit occasionally.