JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   Get yo drink on! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/2628517-get-yo-drink.html)

IronMamma February 22nd, 2013 10:29 PM

Get yo drink on!

What is your favorite alcoholic beverage?

klockert February 22nd, 2013 10:31 PM

Re: Get yo drink on!

I am so not a drinker, but when I have one or 2 I like fruity drinks like Malibu rum and pineapple juice.

IronMamma February 22nd, 2013 10:33 PM

I cannot stand the taste of beer! :yuck: But I will have one every now and again. I do like Mikes Hard though. :drools: All the flavors! Well, not lime. They taste sooo good. True story. Daves Dad came over one day, this was like 3 years ago and he had a "juice" (he is not that bright...) and he loved it so he had three more, then when he got up he was freaking out that he felt drunk...he drank Mikes...um since when does JUICE come in individual GLASS bottles in a six pack...? Yeah...

klockert February 22nd, 2013 10:50 PM

I can't even handle Mikes! If I can taste the alcohol at all I can't drink it. I'm 31 and have only been drunk maybe 2-3 times in my life. Back when I was young, stupid and didn't have kids I was more of a "smoker". Like I said, I was young and stupid, don't judge lol!

miamor February 23rd, 2013 06:41 AM

ha...what's alcohol? i haven't had a drink since the week i knew i'd be ovulating and trying to conceive carlos..then i tested and i was pregnant and that was it!
i dont care for hard liquor, i like craft beers and things like that..i would have to say my favorite before i got pregnant was dogfish head's 60 minute IPA..i tend to like IPA's that use cascade hops. very citrusy. yumm.

crunchywannabe February 23rd, 2013 08:08 AM

Caesars!!!!! Holy Moly, there is NOTHING I want more right now... I've made myself a few virgins since getting pregnant, they are so good!

TheOnlyPink February 23rd, 2013 01:21 PM

Not a big drinker here either, but I LOVE southern comfort, lime and lemonade. :drools:

NinjaCakes February 23rd, 2013 03:50 PM

None and none and none. I've never tried one.

joonzgurl February 23rd, 2013 06:16 PM

Gin and tonic tall with lime

shen7 February 23rd, 2013 08:31 PM

It depends hugely on what I am eating!!! I only ever drink with food. I love Japanese plum wine with sushi and that is probably my favorite drink/food combo. But generally I try to choose a drink that pairs well with my food.

I haven't had more than a tiny glass of wine with dinner in about 2 1/2 years now though, and I won't for quite awhile again! I don't miss it or anything, I never was a big drinker, even in my wild youth. I am happy just to have a taste and see how well it goes with the food or whatever.

IronMamma February 23rd, 2013 10:08 PM

Looks like we have a few Mammas that do not like alcohol! :giggle: What about wine? I ask because SOOO many people say wine is not alcohol...even though I disagree, and I honestly think it tastes SOOOO nasty!

ComfortablyMum February 24th, 2013 01:57 AM

I dunno if I have a fave... but I'm a fan of most cocktails, so one of them would be awesome :D

TheOnlyPink February 24th, 2013 04:14 AM

Who says wine is not alcohol? that makes no sense! Unless you can drive (legally) after drinking it, its an alcoholic beverage! Some people :rolleyes:

sareymac February 24th, 2013 08:48 AM

I used to ONLY drink beer. But my tastes have changed SO much over the years. I am pretty much now only a girly drink drinker. Except on new years I had a couple beers.

alittlelost February 24th, 2013 11:27 AM

I don't drink. I like the flavor of a few wines and a handful of alcoholic beverages, but the people in my life who drink don't act right when they drink, and I rather not drink myself then give them an excuse to drink any more than they already do. But before I had to worry about that, I really like Gollywobbler wine, Ice Wine, and pineapple with Malibu rum. I also like the way Mike's tasted, but they always gave me immediate pain in my stomach so I drank them a couple times (years apart) but never will again.

divadresser February 27th, 2013 05:51 PM

I absolutely love vodka! :) Especially OJ & vodka. But really, anything with vodka. :) I think though that DH & I have gone out maybe 3-4 times over the last 2 years, so I've become a total lightweight.