JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   Love (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/2632826-love.html)

IronMamma March 7th, 2013 09:00 PM

Love

Do you believe in love at first sight?
Was it that way for you and DH / SO?

joonzgurl March 8th, 2013 06:34 AM

Re: Love

No.Love at first sight is for vain people.

alittlelost March 8th, 2013 06:40 AM

I don't. Actually, my husband and I did NOT get along when we first met.

sareymac March 8th, 2013 06:44 AM

I would say no. BUT it took a VERY short time for me and my hubs to fall in love.

miamor March 8th, 2013 09:04 AM

infatuation at first sight.
my husband and i were friends who started spending more time together and then fell in love.

ohnicole March 8th, 2013 09:39 AM

I don't believe in love at first sight.

DH and I weren't that way... I don't even remember the first time I met him, apparently :lol: He never fails to bring it up, though.

breathing for two March 8th, 2013 11:49 AM

I think that you can tell some of a person's qualities at a glance, but it's guesswork at best.

When I saw my husband I immediately knew I was going to marry him, but I wasn't too happy with the idea at the time. :lol:

crunchywannabe March 8th, 2013 12:07 PM

I believe at sparks at first sight...you can't love somebody you don't know on the inside.

I knew when i saw dh that he was someone i wanted to know better, and eventually may fall in love with.

klockert March 8th, 2013 11:48 PM

I knew the first time I met DH that I would marry him. We have been together almost 12 years now and married for almost 7.

We met online in a chat room and ended up moving in together about 3 weeks after our first date..

IronMamma March 9th, 2013 01:33 AM

I'm the odd ball here. :( I absolutely DO believe in love at first sight because the first time I saw a picture of DH I KNEW I loved him. Sounds crazy, but true! He feels the same.

HippieLove March 9th, 2013 01:38 AM

Instant connection/vibe, yes. I felt it with Chris, I'd never noticed anyone like I did him and the second we met I just knew he was the one.

breathing for two March 9th, 2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HippieLove (Post 27178103)
Instant connection/vibe, yes. I felt it with Chris, I'd never noticed anyone like I did him and the second we met I just knew he was the one.

When you put it this way, I think yes. Not necessarily in a romantic way, but every single person that I felt a strong connection with on first sight have turned out to be my most enduring friends. I can think of 4 occasions this has happened in the last 9 years and I'm still close to every single one of them, including my husband.

MommyofAngels1985 March 22nd, 2013 01:08 AM

Yes but with my husband we met while we both worked at KFC. The first thought in my head when I saw him was, " *Beep*, there go all my hours!" He just got hired in so I wasn't too happy about it :D

Social Halfwit March 22nd, 2013 08:06 AM

I did not like DF at first.. he kept chatting me up and I was just like ugh whatever, hi. When I went back to Wyoming, he called me and we started talking everyday. For like 8 hours at a time. By the time I came back to CO with everything I owned, we started dating and the rest is history! I don't know if I believe in love at first sight. Every time I thought I experienced it, things ended badly. But I like reading the stories where it all works out! :wub:

ashj_1218 March 22nd, 2013 01:03 PM

Nope, I don't. Unless you count my babies :wub:

I also was less-than-thrilled when I first met DH. I thought he was a dork and he kinda irritated me. Lol. But, I was kind of in a rough patch of life and didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. I will say it took a while for him to grow on me. It was more like a lazy river to love instead of a jump off the diving board, kWIM?

i:heart:you March 22nd, 2013 04:23 PM

Dh and I had locked eyes when we first met, it was weird and awkward. His mom and my aunt knew each other and set us up on a date, the rest was history. We fell in love pretty quick, we have been together for 14 years married for 11. So I'm not sure if it was love at first sight but definitely a connection of some sort.

IronMamma March 26th, 2013 01:48 AM

I think its so amazing to see couples together now that did not like one another at first, or felt no connection! :giggle: