JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   Special Rituals (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/2634982-special-rituals.html)

alittlelost March 15th, 2013 07:56 AM

Special Rituals

Do you have any special rituals you engage in with your little one?

For example, we do this thing called "baby slams" which them turns into "[their name] slams". It's at bed time and my husband does it. With a baby (not infant age, but younger than 1), he just pretends to body slam them and says "baby slams!!!" and the baby laughs (at least our first 3 kids thought it was hilarious). With the older kids, we do it at bedtime and my husband picks them up and "slams" them down onto the bed.

When I was growing up, we did morning cuddles a lot, which my kids seem to like, too (climbing in mom's bed after you wake up to cuddle for a bit before getting up for the day).

KMH March 15th, 2013 08:41 AM

Re: Special Rituals

We do morning cuddles as well. Claire stays in her bed when she wakes up, and when I go up to get her I climb into bed with her and snuggle for a while...I think I love it just as much as she does :wub:

We also rock in the rocking chair and sing songs before Claire goes to sleep. Now she can sing along and request her favorites, so it is even more fun. The last song before she goes to sleep is Rock-a-Bye-Baby. I pick her up and when I sing "down will come Claire, cradle and all" I plop her into bed. I don't know how much longer I can do that...she's getting so big!

IronMamma March 16th, 2013 12:06 AM

Oh Lost that sounds hilarious!!!

Every night Drake will look at me and I will say "Wheeeeeeeeeressss......" and he will giggle and RUN to the room, and I say "MY BABY!!!" and he hides in the corner, and I "attack" him with tickles. He LOVES it, and so do I!

sareymac March 21st, 2013 07:58 AM

We play wheres Gary everynight after dinner lol We chase him around and since the house goes in like a circle whichever way he goes me or hubby will be there to attack hahaha

Social Halfwit March 21st, 2013 09:59 AM

Well Brigham is a puppy lately. One bark means yes, two barks means no, three barks means I love you, and ten barks means WIGGLE.

So anytime I ask him to do something he doesn't want to do, he'll become a puppy and I have to ask "puppy" to do it. I want to get mad but it's so darn cute.

ohnicole March 21st, 2013 12:40 PM

Eleanor loves to spin with daddy. As soon as he walks in the door from work she is grabbing at him, telling him "Coat off!", and saying, "Spin!" He holds her while they spin around the living room, then they fall down together. Then she always gets up immediately and starts pulling at his head to help him back up to spin again, saying, "Help you, daddy." She seems to never get dizzy, but she loves it :)