JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   Sleeping Arrangements (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/2636001-sleeping-arrangements.html)

alittlelost March 19th, 2013 08:40 AM

Sleeping Arrangements

how old is your LO?
what did you plan as a sleeping arrangement before they were born?
what was their sleeping arrangement after they were born?
what is their sleeping arrangement now?

Social Halfwit March 19th, 2013 09:00 AM

Re: Sleeping Arrangements

how old is your LO? They're 6 and 4.
what did you plan as a sleeping arrangement before they were born? Before Big Boy was born, I had a crib for him and planned for him to sleep in it. I planned to co-sleep with Little Boy but had a bassinet for backup. I'm planning on co-sleeping with Future Baby for as long as possible.
what was their sleeping arrangement after they were born? I co-slept with Big Boy by accident.. I would start breastfeeding him, lay down, and fall asleep. So I figured, why not just fall asleep with him in the first place? I co-slept with Little Boy until we moved and then he started sleeping in a portable crib.
what is their sleeping arrangement now? They share a bedroom and have toddler beds, but we are on the lookout for a nice bunkbed with bigger mattresses. They are almost too tall for their beds!

Social Halfwit March 19th, 2013 09:01 AM

how old is your LO? They're 6 and 4.
what did you plan as a sleeping arrangement before they were born? Before Big Boy was born, I had a crib for him and planned for him to sleep in it. I planned to co-sleep with Little Boy but had a bassinet for backup. I'm planning on co-sleeping with Future Baby for as long as possible.
what was their sleeping arrangement after they were born? I co-slept with Big Boy by accident.. I would start breastfeeding him, lay down, and fall asleep. So I figured, why not just fall asleep with him in the first place? I co-slept with Little Boy until we moved and then he started sleeping in a portable crib.
what is their sleeping arrangement now? They share a bedroom and have toddler beds, but we are on the lookout for a nice bunkbed with bigger mattresses. They are almost too tall for their beds!

KMH March 19th, 2013 09:52 AM

how old is your LO? Claire is 2.5, babies are 7 months
what did you plan as a sleeping arrangement before they were born? I thought co-sleeping was dangerous and irresponsible; I planned for Claire to sleep in her crib, which we had set up in her room.
what was their sleeping arrangement after they were born? I started bedsharing with Claire in the hospital and just didn't stop when we got home. It seemed completely natural and safe. After doing a little reading online I realized that if done properly, bedsharing is the best possible arrangement for babies.I love sleeping with my babies...there's nothing like waking up to their sweet smells and sounds, and of course for BFing it is SO easy.
what is their sleeping arrangement now? Claire sleeps in her own room in a full-sized bed. One baby bedshares with me and DH, and the other sleeps in the crib next to our bed...they take turns.

breathing for two March 19th, 2013 10:55 AM

how old is your LO? Eliana is 3, Eli is 1 1/2

what did you plan as a sleeping arrangement before they were born? bassinet right by my bed for the first few months. With my first I planned on switching to a crib in another room, with Eli I knew better and planned on keeping the crib in our room.

what was their sleeping arrangement after they were born? Both had the bassinet, when Ellie got too big for it I moved her to her nursery. I regret not co-sleeping but I was dangerously anemic, and it probably would not have been safe.
Eli I moved to his crib, but he never stayed there for very long, so we ended up co-sleeping 90% of the time

what is their sleeping arrangement now?
Eliana sleeps in Eli's crib in our room, when she wakes up she gets DH on the queen bed and sleeps there until he leaves for work, then she joins me and Eli on the king sized bed.
My only complaint about the set-up is that I keep waking the kids up during my frequent pregnant restroom trips.

ohnicole March 19th, 2013 10:58 AM

how old is your LO? 16 months.
what did you plan as a sleeping arrangement before they were born? I thought she would sleep in our room in a pack n play for the first 3-6 months then switch to her crib in her room.
what was their sleeping arrangement after they were born? She would cry whenever she was put down, so I ended up co-sleeping for the first month. After that, she was nursing all night until she spit up, so she slept in her pack n play for another couple months. Then she moved to her crib in her room. I am planning on trying a sidecarred crib or mini crib for the new baby.
what is their sleeping arrangement now? She sleeps in her toddler bed in her room.

ashj_1218 March 19th, 2013 11:54 AM

how old is your LO? 3.5 and 1.5
what did you plan as a sleeping arrangement before they were born? We planned on a cradle for Liam in our room. It was gorgeous. But it was so impractical...it moved whenever I tried to pick him up or lay him down (it was a gliding one) and he did NOT like it. We already pretty much knew what we would do with Kieran.
what was their sleeping arrangement after they were born? We ordered a co-sleeper for Liam (which was a glorified bed rail). I mostly slept with them in bed for the first 9 or so months.
what is their sleeping arrangement now? Liam is in a bed in his room, Kieran is 80% in his crib in his room. He still comes into bed with me in the mornings, after he wakes up early. Sometimes if he wakes at night and I doesnt want to go back down after rocking. We have a side-carred crib now.

shen7 March 19th, 2013 11:58 AM

how old is your LO? 21 months
what did you plan as a sleeping arrangement before they were born? I thought she would stay in the Arm's Reach cosleeper pretty much all night. I thought I was too heavy a sleeper to safely bedshare.
what was their sleeping arrangement after they were born? Pretty much always bedshared :lol: except when I felt overtired. I was way more instinctively aware of her presence in the bed than I had expected. I still liked having the cosleeper right there for when I needed it, though I mostly used it for nighttime diaper changes without leaving the bed!
what is their sleeping arrangement now? She sleeps on a twin bed in her room, which is like 10 ft away from our room

KatyG March 19th, 2013 04:34 PM

how old is your LO? 11 months
what did you plan as a sleeping arrangement before they were born? I planned to have them sleep in cribs in their room. Bed sharing scared me, I think sleep to wild. I'm never in the same position I start out in.
what was their sleeping arrangement after they were born? They slept in a bassinet in my room.
what is their sleeping arrangement now? They sleep in pack and plays in my room and they nap in their cribs.

IronMamma March 20th, 2013 03:48 PM

how old is your LO? 15 months
what did you plan as a sleeping arrangement before they were born? Co-sleep
what was their sleeping arrangement after they were born? Co-sleep
what is their sleeping arrangement now? We have just recently put his crib bed (we never used the crib, it was a gift) next to my side of the bed. We took the bed off the frame and off the box spring and put it on the floor so he can get on and off it without getting hurt, but it makes the bed bigger and he sleeps soooo spread out that we need a little more room. He also pees out of his diaper at night sometimes so this arrangement saves our mattress a little.

klockert March 20th, 2013 10:19 PM

how old is your LO? almost 16 months

what did you plan as a sleeping arrangement before they were born? For her to sleep in her room in her crib.
what was their sleeping arrangement after they were born? She spent the first 4 months of her life screaming for hours at a time so DH and I would take turns sleeping on the couch with her in the playpen next to it so the other could sleep.

what is their sleeping arrangement now? For the most part she sleeps in her crib in her room most of the night, but when she wakes up I bring her into bed with us and snuggle until she goes back to sleep.

bribugg13 March 21st, 2013 05:39 AM

how old is your LO? He will be 3 in May and I have another due in June
what did you plan as a sleeping arrangement before they were born? I knew we would co-sleep, and originally planned to transfer him to a crib around 3 months.
what was their sleeping arrangement after they were born? We ended up bed sharing after he outgrew the co-sleeper.
what is their sleeping arrangement now? Well, currently our situation is kind of messed up. We're in the process of moving out of state and building a new house, which won't be built until June/July. In the mean time, Connor and I have been living with my parents, so we're bed sharing, same as always.

However, we move in with the in laws this weekend, and they have a room and bed setup for Connor. DH has been living with his parents since the first of the year, and we've stayed for a week or two at a time since then. Connor does OK with his own bed, but has only STTN in it a few times, he usually wakes halfway through the night and comes to our bed.

In the past, we've had a crib mattress on the floor in our room at the ILs, because DH and I were in a full size bed....and with Connor in it, it was a super tight squeeze to say the least!!! Luckily, they upgraded us last month to an actual queen size lol much more comfortable!! Whenever we do move into our new house, we will continue to try to get Connor to sleep in his own room/bed. We only have a queen size as well, and baby girl will eventually need it! lol

MommyofAngels1985 March 21st, 2013 10:57 PM

how old is your LO? 25 months and 6 months

what did you plan as a sleeping arrangement before they were born? Crib from the begining!

what was their sleeping arrangement after they were born? Slept in her crib the first night and she didn't like it so after that night she slept with us in our bed.

what is their sleeping arrangement now? @ 16 months she slept with us in our bed and at 16 months she started sleeping in her pack n play that is 3ft by 3 ft in our room because she would cry bloody murder if we put her in her own bed in her room. Now she is 25 months and last month we moved her to her toddler bed but it is still currently in our room but at least she likes sleeping in her own bed now. Our 6 month old now sleeps in the pack n play next to our bed.

*Currently housing with my parents until we move out of state in May so the "kids" room is only big enough for their dresser, book/toy shelf, toy box and toddler table etc. So not enough room for even a small bed so that is why her bed is in our room for now.*

HippieLove March 21st, 2013 11:08 PM

how old is your LO? 9 months, 2, 4, and 6.
what did you plan as a sleeping arrangement before they were born? whatever
what was their sleeping arrangement after they were born? between co-sleep and the cot in our room
what is their sleeping arrangement now? where ever they choose, their beds or mine.