JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/2637378-parenting.html)

alittlelost March 24th, 2013 10:02 AM

Parenting

What is the hardest thing you have been through as a parent so far?
What about parenting has been the easiest for you?
Is there anything that was easier or harder than you expected?

Social Halfwit March 24th, 2013 01:21 PM

Re: Parenting

What is the hardest thing you have been through as a parent so far? Having to give up weekends with my kids so they can see their dads. Not so bad with LB because his dad and I are still best friends, but with BB it's tough because once he goes to his father's, I don't know if he's being cared for.
What about parenting has been the easiest for you? I guess the 'down days', where we don't have anything to do but watch movies, eat junk food, have tickle wars... I didn't do that kind of stuff when I was a kid, so I thought I wouldn't be able to.
Is there anything that was easier or harder than you expected? Parenting as a whole is harder than I expected. The worst thing is that I never feel like I'm doing a good job. Parenting knowing that no matter what, I'm going to hurt my kids somehow, someway is hard. You can't be TOO anything; overprotective, not protective at all, too strict, no discipline... it's so hard to find the meeting point between the extremes sometimes.

Social Halfwit March 24th, 2013 01:21 PM

KMH March 25th, 2013 08:43 AM

What is the hardest thing you have been through as a parent so far? Living in the hospital for 4 weeks with the twins while DH cared for Claire. I really wanted to clone myself so I could be everywhere at once.
What about parenting has been the easiest for you? Following my instincts. I just know what feels right and I'm not afraid to go with my gut...even when others might think I'm nuts.
Is there anything that was easier or harder than you expected? Consistency is hard for me. When I feel overwhelmed and/or exhausted it is so tempting to let Claire get away with something or not be consistent in what we do. I have to continually remind myself that consistency now will make things easier later.

The "fun" parts are easier than I expected. That probably sounds silly to some, but I'm kind of an uptight, high-strung person ;) I have been surprised at how easily I'm able to relax with the kids and just be silly and play...I love it!

ohnicole March 25th, 2013 10:03 AM

What is the hardest thing you have been through as a parent so far? Honestly nothing that I would consider out of the ordinary for parenting... but probably the sleep deprivation if I have to pick something.
What about parenting has been the easiest for you? It has been really easy to play with and teach Eleanor because she loves a lot of the things that I love (like books and animals).
Is there anything that was easier or harder than you expected? I don't know if it's harder than I expected, but I do struggle with sticking to a routine.

sareymac March 25th, 2013 10:29 AM

What is the hardest thing you have been through as a parent so far?So far in August when I had to stay at the hospital with him for two days because he was having a hard time breathing. . .scared it's gonna happen again since that is all pretty much happening again right now. My hubby has him and I am waiting to hear if i need to leave work. . .not that I dont want to pick up everything and leave, but as long as he is home with my hubs I am staying here otherwise I will just get upset.

What about parenting has been the easiest for you? It came way more natural than i thought it would.

Is there anything that was easier or harder than you expected? Harder: Balancing, work, Gary, Hubby and house keeping. . . I feel like I never have enough time in a day.

Easier- Sleep (if I could get any myself) I was told he wont sleep. he will be cranky when he wants stuff etc. He has been awesome. I am very lucky. And I knew I would, But i fell in love instantly I always thought people just said that. But man, I love that child more than anything.