JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   Kids Favorite Healthy Meal (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/2638859-kids-favorite-healthy-meal.html)

alittlelost March 29th, 2013 07:22 AM

Kids Favorite Healthy Meal

What is your LO's favorite healthy meal right now (other than breastmilk LOL) assuming they have started solids.

sareymac March 29th, 2013 07:38 AM

Re: Kids Favorite Healthy Meal

My child will eat anything. He loooves veggies. I havent seen him turn one down (except squash when he was like 9 months). Now, everything.

Social Halfwit March 29th, 2013 08:02 AM

Bodhi loves celery. I can even replace dessert with celery. He also loves bananas and dried fruit. Brigham loves strawberries, and peanut butter. They both love oatmeal.

IronMamma March 29th, 2013 12:23 PM

Drake LOVES peas! He will eat peas ALL day every day if I gave them to him. I love that he loves them. He also loves his spaghetti and I puree veggies and put them in the sauce. I got that from you Lost. ;)

alittlelost March 29th, 2013 02:50 PM

HA! so glad the extra veggie pasta sauce is going well for you, Jess!

My kids are pretty good about veggies, too. I think their face vegetable is either broccoli or carrots. The love chicken cooked on the grill, too.

IronMamma March 29th, 2013 03:12 PM

Speaking of chicken Lost, I still cannot get Drake to eat any meat! Well, I have been sneaking some turkey into his grilled cheese, but now he wont eat grilled cheese. I have such a picky eater! :(

alittlelost March 29th, 2013 03:33 PM

Have you tried pureeing it and mixing it in with his spagetti sauce, too? My oldest went through a phase where he wouldn't eat chicken due to sensory issues. It was really hard to sneak it in things, but we managed.

Will your son eat burgers? If so you can try chicken or turkey burgers instead of beef, too.

IronMamma March 29th, 2013 03:42 PM

I have never thought of pureeing the meat as well. He will not eat burgers. No meat at all. If its not mac and cheese, spaghetti and roast he will NOT eat. Period. Nothing. He has tried a cucumber, avocado, and a pepper but never again.

alittlelost March 29th, 2013 04:30 PM

yeah you can pretty much puree anything, then mix it in sauce or bake it in bread.

shen7 March 30th, 2013 10:56 AM

M loves "hot beans" (pretty much any cooked dried bean, even spicy chili beans!!), often requests hot beans. Meat of all kinds, even fish. Veggies, especially peas and broccoli. Dairy products of all kinds, especially unsweetened/plain yogurt and kefir which we give her frequently. She is a big eater!! Always has been :) I won't know what to do if #2 is picky!