JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   Sickness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/2641269-sickness.html)

IronMamma April 6th, 2013 11:41 PM

Sickness

I keep seeing on my FB just how many people are sick, and then sick again, and then sick again! I have not been sick, in literally WELL over 10 years. I am never ever sick. What gives? Have you ladies been sick lately?

breathing for two April 7th, 2013 06:36 AM

Re: Sickness

I've been sick a lot since I moved up here, I was rarely sick before that. No idea what's behind that. It's not as crazy as some people, usually just a few illnesses in a row near the end of winter. It's exhausting, but you get past it and the rest of the year is usually illness free.

sareymac April 8th, 2013 05:29 AM

I think it depends where you are too. This is the first year I have been sick in at least 20 years, no lie. The weather here and the flus and crap going around, idiots that dont stay home from work when they are sick, etc.

NinjaCakes April 8th, 2013 06:31 AM

I'm always sick. My immune system is a wuss.

IronMamma April 8th, 2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaCakes (Post 27267326)
I'm always sick. My immune system is a wuss.

:( I'm sorry! I hope you are not sick now!

Sarah, I think that is true too sometimes. Like back home in NYC, everyone is sick, like all the time. Luckily when I was there none of us got sick, but here in AZ, its so open and spacious that you never really hear of anyont getting sick.

Jule'sMomInOR April 8th, 2013 03:40 PM

I don't normally get sick a lot, but this past season I've had 3 or 4 colds! I think it is because Juliana is in so many kid activities. I've heard your kid gets sick a lot when they start day care or preschool. Well, she hasn't started either yet but she is in a lot of activities so I think it's pretty close. I tend to get what she gets. She starts preschool in the fall and I'm scared!

Pretty Crispy April 8th, 2013 04:28 PM

I've got a killer cold right now but that's the first I've been sick in 9 months. I was sick with a cold in the very beginning of this pregnancy and was actually the reason I took a HPT. Prior to that I had not been sick in years.

IronMamma April 8th, 2013 09:45 PM

Drake will not be attending pre-school or Daycare so I do not have to worry about that but he is at the park everyday, and at the library and there are always kids there, so I would assume it's the same. Maybe not AS bad, but still. Do you wash Juliana's hands? I started washing Drakes hands like a few months ago when he started to become more active at the park and such, maybe that helps. I do not know. Kids are kids, and will get sick even if you wash their hands i'm sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrskk826 (Post 27269331)
I've got a killer cold right now

I hope that you feel better! How are you feeling?

crunchywannabe April 11th, 2013 07:32 AM

The last time I threw up was Jan. 4 2008! (I freaking hate being sick to my stomach, so every single time is a traumatic experience) Even when I had morning sickness, I just felt like a beaten bag of garbage, and I'd fight the puking and happened to win!

As far as colds go, I have been lucky this year but I've made a point of isolating myself pretty good. Dh didn't get sick either, given his involvement with the public at work I am glad he made it through this year! In past years I suffered from really bad colds (working with children) and even developed pneumonia! In general I'd say I'm of average health/immunity.

alittlelost April 13th, 2013 11:35 AM

I got sick a lot this year. My immune system must have been really crappy for a while there. Generally, though, I don't get sick often.