JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   Friday Fashion (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/2644540-friday-fashion.html)

IronMamma April 19th, 2013 04:45 PM

Friday Fashion

What would you say your style is? :)
Do you follow trends?

breathing for two April 20th, 2013 07:02 AM

Re: Friday Fashion

Oh geez, I buy all of my clothes at the thrift store, I only buy new ones when my old ones start shredding from wear and I'm forced to retire them.
I don't know what style that is, but it's not one that anyone else does by choice. I really like it though :)

sareymac April 20th, 2013 09:28 AM

I would say my style is "Sarah never buys new clothes"
I have been wearing the same clothes for YEARS. I don't follow trends bc some are annoying looking and i am fat so I am not about to wear some of those clothes lol

IronMamma April 20th, 2013 10:20 AM

Sarah, I have the SAME exact style...I have not bought clothes for myself since WELL before I got pregnant, seriously. That is why my "style" right now is sweats and tees because none of my jeans fit. :( But when they do :giggle: I am a jeans and hoodie person which is why I cannot stand this weather. :lol: I also do not follow trends, never ever have, because obviously I am fat too. But you Sarah are not fat! You are gorgeous!

crunchywannabe April 20th, 2013 10:40 AM

I would call my style very casual!

I notice a HUGE difference in how I feel about myself when I have new clothes (or new to me clothes, i'm not picky) that I think are flattering on me. I'm also on the bigger side, so I try hard to stay on the side of comfort that avoids 'frumpy'... but I slip up most of the time... right this second I'm wearing pajama pants that shrunk in the wash a few years ago and are half way up my calves. and a tank top from pre pregnancy that I've managed to squeeze into! not leaving the house? not likely to put on real clothes! And HELL NO to wearing a bra if no one is coming over! When going out I like clothes that give me a flattering shape...

I keep up with trends, but I am usually a good year behind on doing them... Usually what happens is I LOVE the look on someone else but lack the confidence to try it myself, usually due to weight/body image stuff or I don't think I'm "cool enough". and then I get to a point of just not caring and finding that I love that trend, for whatever reason. (big chunky necklaces were one, and tights (under long tops or dresses, not as pants) were another one)

IronMamma April 20th, 2013 10:53 AM

I do not get dressed AT ALL if I am home. Right now I am in my pj's and a tee. I HAVE to wear a bra around the house. :giggle: The BIG boys HURT if I do not. Dang boobs! I know what you mean about lack of confidence. I wish us girls didn't feel that way. It's not fun at all!

Jolia April 25th, 2013 10:13 AM

I think every body just wear that would be liked by himself. And they feel comfortable in that dresses. Usually i like to wear jeans with simple half sleeves shirt. And a slippers are in my feet. Its a casual dressing not for some function.

Bloom Beauty Boutique
33 Hollywell Road Biggera Waters QLD 4216 Australia
Phone : +61 7 5563 9900
bloombeautyboutique.com.au
Bloom Beauty Boutique where you can evolve and bloom with confidence. Our expert team of therapists will provide you with a professional experience leaving you feeling nourished and pampered.
anti-ageing gold coast