JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   Where are you ladies?! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/2645827-where-you-ladies.html)

IronMamma April 25th, 2013 03:45 AM

Where are you ladies?!

It's quiet tonight. I hope you are all having a great night! :D

mama_2_Callen April 25th, 2013 05:03 AM

Re: Where are you ladies?!

I did my kids actually slept! Yay! Hope you had a great night too!

sareymac April 25th, 2013 05:44 AM

Sorrrrry I like never get on here once I am home with Gary. ;)

crunchywannabe April 25th, 2013 11:11 AM

Oh my goodness! You should have seen the day I had yesterday!

Drove and hour to my midwife appointment, where dh and I met the 'other' midwife who shares call with my primary care midwife! This is only the second appointment DH has been to, he's really uncomfortable with the idea of birth, etc, although he completely respects our midwives, he's just super anxious about delivery day.

Then we went and had our taxes done! Dh got an OK return (already have plans for all that money :( ) and I also got a small return, but turns out last year I owed money, and no one, not the accountant, nor Canada Revenue Agency bothered to tell me about... so I had to pay close to $300 with interest. which ate up about half of my return, so we just used the rest to pay for filing our taxes and took a hundred or so for lunch and a trip to the store!

Next we went to Sears and looked at Washers and Dryers! I had a specific brand in mind but when we walked in they were selling a different (but still well reviewed brand's) floor model for something like $800 less than what we were hoping to pay, with pedestals included!!!!! So we decided to get those instead (comparable features to the other machines as well!) When all was said and done, including the pedestals, extended warranty, and all taxes and fees we came out at what I had budgeted for the 'pre-extras' cost!!! I call that a good day!

Next we went to Wally World, and picked up the 1 and only gliding rocking chair they carried. I had been himming and hawing over whether or not I wanted it, but in the end decided we had the space, and it's something I didn't want to regret not having. It was also the cheapest one available so that worked out. I also printed some pictures from my ultrasounds (I never got a disc, just the flimsy paper print outs from fetal assessment) Let me tell you, those stinking photo kiosks, HAVE to be the most annoying machines on the planet. I vow from this day forward print photos over the internet and not from Walmart!!! (I needed to do this in store though because I was scanning them!)

After all this, we came home, put together the glider, which shockingly matches fairly well! and then went over for 'drinks' at one of my husband's co worker's place! We don't really have many friends down here, so it was really nice to get together with other people!

All in all, I'm so happy we got all those things done! Now today my goal is to get off my plump behind and get this house back in order!

IronMamma April 25th, 2013 12:11 PM

Yay to your kids sleeping Emily! I love when that happens!

Tax returns are so bittersweet. Yeah you get some money, but it was your money in the first place and it always comes when you need it so the "extra" money is not so extra anymore. :( Sucks. Yay to a new washer and dryer! I call that a good day too to save that much money! Is it the brownish glider? I got mine from there too when I was pregnant. I still use that chair now. Sounds like you had a BUSY day! I hope you had a good dinner to make up for all those errands! :giggle:

I slept "ok" Drake slept really good. I had cramps like crazy, my back was killing me and I was hot. I always get so hot when I sleep. I cannot stand that!

crunchywannabe April 25th, 2013 12:50 PM

It was the only one in stock: it's got a dark wood, and cream micro suede. It's fairly comfortable, I wish it reclined a bit, but it'll do the job, and really baby will be in our room (feedings in bed) and with us in the living room, where we have a giant comfy rocker recliner most of the day anyways!

Safety 1st Glider Rocker & Ottoman, Furniture | Walmart Canada Online Shopping

IronMamma April 25th, 2013 01:11 PM

That looks like the same chair I got but the cushion is a darker brown with the dark brown wood. It's a comfy chair. Mine "reclines", it can sit way back to where you are reclined. Yours does not go back?

mama_2_Callen April 25th, 2013 07:50 PM

Thanks me too since it rarely happens. One of them is always up.

Sounds like a busy but fun day! I had a glider but was too lazy to use it. Lol.

Sorry Jess I get super hot when I sleep too. It sucks cuz dh is always cold so he never wants the fan on. Grrr

IronMamma April 25th, 2013 09:28 PM

I would turn the fan on anyways! :giggle: I love sleeping with a fan. I'd much rather be cold and sleep with tons of blankets then be hot. :yuck:

breathing for two April 26th, 2013 06:03 AM

I have had a crazy crazy week, but it looks like things might settle down soon. I'm getting an ultrasound today and I'm so so excited, I could barely sleep last night. :rundance:

crunchywannabe April 26th, 2013 08:12 AM

nope the chair doesn't recline.. it's still fairly comfortable, and it'll do the trick, there are plenty of other places in the house to sit and rock, feed baby etc, but I thought this would be nice to have a chair to si and read with baby in his room.

We turned off the heat in our house, and admittedly it's cold. (10 degrees inside when we got up the other morning)... but I love it. I still woke up sweating this morning. DH is suffering for my benefit :) He hates being cold at all!

mama_2_Callen April 26th, 2013 08:59 AM

Me too Jess. I turn on the fan and tell him to suck it up. Lol. When I was pregnant with my dd it was awful she was due in august so I made dh buy and extra window unit for our room! Lol.

NinjaCakes April 26th, 2013 11:29 AM

Fell asleep doing homework. Oops!

IronMamma April 26th, 2013 03:40 PM

Destiny, that's so exciting!! :woohoo: One of my FAVORITE things about pregnancy! :D

It was 10 degrees in your house?! Woah! Brrrr!!! I would be cold!

I would have made DH buy more fans if I had a summer baby too. Luckily Drake is a winter baby and I never got hot or anything like that.

How do you fall asleep during home work?! :rofl: Must have been boring! Well, isnt all home work boring? :giggle: