JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   Morning routine (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/2647638-morning-routine.html)

IronMamma May 2nd, 2013 08:03 AM

Morning routine

Do you have one?

Every morning when we wake, we usually cuddle and play in bed for like 30 minutes. Then we get up. We both walk into the living room and I change Drake and brush his teeth. I put on his cartoons, then I brush my teeth and make some coffee. I like to empty the dish washer and post on JM for like 30 minutes while drinking my coffee but Drake hates it! :giggle: He will sit at my feet, tug at me, try to get on my lap and sometimes fuss. He is like "Mamma no! PLAY!". So back to my old thread, I feel bad posting! Gah!

sareymac May 2nd, 2013 08:35 AM

Re: Morning routine

The weekdays:
I wake Gary up around 6:15 get him dressed give him some milk and he watches cartoons and has a banana and milk or something along those lines. Then i take him to my mother in law she feeds him oatmeal and she takes him to the sitters. I know it sounds annoying but he is super happy.

Weekends When he wakes up we change, go downstairs turn on some cartoons and I give him some milk go make coffee and then make breakfast.

IronMamma May 2nd, 2013 09:14 AM

If he is happy then there is nothing wrong with that! At least he has trust worthy people to take care of him. That's a plus!

sareymac May 2nd, 2013 09:31 AM

Yup. And i work too early to drop him at the sitters, thats why gramma does it :)

breathing for two May 2nd, 2013 11:13 AM

Get up, eat breakfast, shower and I'll either clean or read, depending on how I feel.

IronMamma May 2nd, 2013 11:32 AM

You get up before the kids then yeah?

breathing for two May 2nd, 2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMamma (Post 27334664)
You get up before the kids then yeah?

:hahano:

mama_2_Callen May 2nd, 2013 01:04 PM

I get up with DH and make his lunch and breakfast while he showers. Then he leaves for work and I have some coffee and snuggle in bed on the internet and wait for the kids to get up. Usually Callen wakes up first and we snuggle and watch some tv and wait for Kellsey to get up. Then they eat breakfast and then we play.

klockert May 2nd, 2013 02:30 PM

Gabby wakes up around 7:30, I give her a bottle of milk and she watches part of a movie. Usually The Lorax and I lay in bed with her. When she's done watching we get up and I make her breakfast, then its play time!

lovemylittlemiss May 2nd, 2013 02:54 PM

DH does the morning routine with her while I sleep in, usually until 9-9:30. They get up, he changes her, brushes her teeth, eats breakfast and then they read or play until I get up. Then she eats second breakfast with me (she's a good eater!)

NinjaCakes May 2nd, 2013 11:09 PM

Routine? What is that? :lol:

Really, I never had one before being pregnant. Suddenly I can't sleep in for waking up starving. I get up somewhere between 8 and 10, eat, and I used to do whatever. Third trimester has caught up to me though so now I usually go back to sleep for a little bit. I like your routines better! I miss the times I used to get up at 7 and tend children, spend the morning playing or watching Sprout.

IronMamma May 2nd, 2013 11:31 PM

So Drake never ever wakes before 10 am ever, until today! He woke at 6:30 am! :giggle: Funny thing is, I went to bed at 3 am and when we woke I was NOT tired at all! :confused: We had a fun day actually. We woke, played and watched cartoons, then he ate breakfast (he actually ate!), then we went outside and then took a walk. He fell asleep on the walk so I carried him into bed at 10:30 am, he slept until 1pm. After he woke we ate lunch. Then we went to the park. Played there for like 30 minutes because there was such a cold breeze! Came home, played played played then had dinner. He did not eat. Then I took a shower and when I came out Drake was asleep on the couch. :wub: DH carried him into bed at like 9 pm ish and it's 11:30 and he is still asleep. I think I need to get sleep soon too just in case he has another early morning. :D