JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   Spoiled Saturday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/2648108-spoiled-saturday.html)

IronMamma May 3rd, 2013 10:03 PM

Spoiled Saturday

Do you get told you spoil your LO? Do you think you do / don't?

ComfortablyMum May 4th, 2013 03:00 AM

Re: Spoiled Saturday

Yes I have been told that many times!

I don't care if I do LOL, but I am not sure that I do. I don't think so? I will ask Scott his opinion tomorrow :D

mama_2_Callen May 4th, 2013 06:31 AM

Random people tell me that I will spoil them and I don't really care. They are my kids and I will raise them how I want to. My parents spoil them but my mom always says that they are well loved and not spoiled! :D

I think they are spoiled but honestly I do not care. They are nice, thankful children and not spoiled brats. I want them to know that they are loved and have a great childhood.

breathing for two May 4th, 2013 10:47 AM

I have had people tell me that, but no one whose opinion I respect.
I do often feel misjudged, my daughter is on the autism spectrum and it's not immediately obvious, so a lot of people assume her crazier more disruptive behaviour is the result of my terrible parenting.

However, I know that the only reason she behaves as well as she does is because of all of the hard work and patience I've put into my relationship with her. So when rude comments are made, they bother me, but they don't stick to me, because I know they're baseless.

And I spoil my kids as much as I possibly can :giggle:

klockert May 4th, 2013 12:02 PM

Honestly no one really tells me that. I do however think she is spoiled rotten, but thats fine with me :)

IronMamma May 4th, 2013 04:33 PM

I have been told that I spoil Drake, and only by my Mom. :confused: I really do not think he is spoiled. I guess he is though?... And Destiny, I agree. He is MY child so I will raise him how I want, spoiled or not.

sareymac May 5th, 2013 08:29 AM

I would say right now, he's a little "spoiled" at least thats what my hubs says. LOL. BUT he has no reason at the moment NOT to be? I dunno if that makes sense. When he starts to understand better we will work better at not doing it, I don't want him to end up spoiled and act entitled. I am not saying that will happen if you're spoiled but it can, For example, my sister and I. We were definitely spoiled kids, I am not that way AT ALL my sister still is. lol.
But again, this is my opinion.

KatyG May 5th, 2013 09:13 AM

I have been told a few times that the babies are spoiled but idk how how you spoil a baby lol. Ask me again in a few years.

IronMamma May 5th, 2013 11:44 AM

lol Katy, I know right. How DO you spoil a baby anyway? Give them too many kisses?...