JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   Just nasty (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/2658469-just-nasty.html)

IronMamma June 13th, 2013 09:56 PM

Just nasty

A few months ago Capri Sun had this issue too. We cannot trust anything anymore. But honestly. These pre made drinks are full of sugar anyways, but still...

Kids Health Concern: Mold in Juice Boxes | ChildrensMD

mama_2_Callen June 14th, 2013 05:13 AM

Re: Just nasty

Ewww that's so gross. I hate how I feel like I can't buy anything anymore.

IronMamma June 14th, 2013 06:00 AM

I know. I feel the same. Products have gotten cheaper and cheaper to make which means more and more chemicals yet they are more and more expensive to buy. It's so nasty. We should not be be scared to buy things for our kids! Gah! Makes me so mad.

ratladee June 14th, 2013 06:18 AM

I thought y'all didn't care about sugar in drinks.

mama_2_Callen June 14th, 2013 07:24 AM

The sugar doesn't bother me so much but the mold does.

KatyG June 14th, 2013 07:57 AM

That's disgusting

KMH June 14th, 2013 09:49 AM

Ewww, gross! Just another reason my kids get water and milk...and that's it!

IronMamma June 14th, 2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratladee (Post 27447247)
I thought y'all didn't care about sugar in drinks.

When did I say that? I do care about the sugar in take. But that is just nasty!

angelsailor288 June 14th, 2013 03:24 PM

Juicy juice gets their apples from china! Ugh! So does dole fruit cups. What the heck?! There are plenty of American apple farmers!

ratladee June 14th, 2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMH (Post 27447924)
Ewww, gross! Just another reason my kids get water and milk...and that's it!

Same here, IMO ANY type of juice is just sugar and not needed. It just teaches them to have a sweet tooth and be picky. I also don't like it when I see lil babys drinking CHOCOLATE milk. Really? They just can't have good ole fashion milk? Too much sugar! Too much crap food. Can you believe I have to get a doctors note just so daycare won't feed my daughter juice! Outrageous! And we wonder why there are so many obese kids out there.

IronMamma June 15th, 2013 01:28 AM

You need a Dr's note for your kids to not drink juice?! That is INSANE! You would think that should be YOUR choice!

I let Drake drink chocolate milk on occasion.

sareymac June 15th, 2013 05:38 AM

Gary wont drink juice. my Mother in law bought him some juice for her house and he wants nothing to do with it. He gets chocolate milk sometimes which I just tried like last month. But he is definitely a milk and water kid. But its much cheaper to give him water anyway haha.

ratladee June 15th, 2013 08:01 PM

And just to show I'm not trying to come off as "perfect" or whatever, I DO let Pea have some sweets when her daddy isn't looking, I give her a WEE bit of syrup on her saturday morning pantakes. Yes panTakes, that's how we say it up in heeyuh!

IronMamma June 15th, 2013 09:37 PM

Drake will not drink water at all. Like at all. So when he does have juice which is not that often I will water it down. I know not AS good but at least he gets some.

mama_2_Callen June 16th, 2013 05:30 AM

Callen went through a phase of not drinking water but now he loves it. Drake might like it later Jess! Callen loves orange juice and lemonade but he will ask for water over everything so I don't think letting him have juice occasionally hurts him or teaches him any bad habits.

joonzgurl June 16th, 2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratladee (Post 27449246)
Same here, IMO ANY type of juice is just sugar and not needed. It just teaches them to have a sweet tooth and be picky. I also don't like it when I see lil babys drinking CHOCOLATE milk. Really? They just can't have good ole fashion milk? Too much sugar! Too much crap food. Can you believe I have to get a doctors note just so daycare won't feed my daughter juice! Outrageous! And we wonder why there are so many obese kids out there.

Are you kidding me???!?!!! OMG that is just outrageous. And infuriating! Who on earth are they to tell you that your child needs juice and a dr has to say what she can and cant have????

angelsailor288 June 16th, 2013 07:32 PM

Thankfully Nicholas loves water. Absolutely loves it and asks for it. He drinks juice very rarely, usually orange juice. Or the organic white grape juice. But again, its rare.

However he HAS drank my soda... I have a really bad addiction to tap soda and hes grabbed it and sipped it and is all "mmmm" and now wants it when he sees it. Guess its a good excuse for me to quit lol. (but its not like he drinks it, just a sip here and there)