JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   Play groups (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/2663161-play-groups.html)

NinjaCakes July 3rd, 2013 02:15 AM

Play groups

At what age did you start taking your kids to play groups? If you haven't, what age do you think is appropriate? There are a few local women who organize play groups, mostly for the moms I think. I was thinking about dropping in to a few after baby is born to feel them out.

mama_2_Callen July 3rd, 2013 06:53 AM

Re: Play groups

I would love to go to play groups I just haven't found any I like. Lol. I don't think there is a certain age that I would start going at. If you want to go then you should!

crunchywannabe July 3rd, 2013 08:21 AM

We don't really have a play group, but I did start going to a community run 'Healthy Baby' group. there are about 5 other moms and 3 other babies born around the same time as Arthur. It really is a very low population area we are in! It's once a month, and I've been once when he was 3 weeks old. I'd like to start a more regular coffee/play group with the other moms, but because of DH's work, I have to be extremely exclusive in who I invite and I don't want to exclude anyone, and would rather not host.

Eowyn July 3rd, 2013 10:14 AM

Never, actually.
There were always other friends or people with little ones for my kids to play with when they were little. when we moved to a different city we still made trips out to church where there were other kids to play with and frequent trips to the playground and library events meant the kids were always able to interact with other little ones their age. I never went out of my way to set up or attend meet-ups.
Now that DD is 6 1/2 I set up play dates for her with her friends.
DS mostly plays with friends from church but he is so social that he doesn't care how old you are, 4 or 40- if you are in the room you are his best friend. haha.

MapleGranola July 3rd, 2013 11:20 AM

We've been going since L was 6 weeks old. He's still too little to interact with the other babies but it gets us out of the house and I get some much needed socializing time.

IronMamma July 3rd, 2013 02:25 PM

We started taking Drake when he was 6 months old. Well, we took him sooner then that but we just walked around. When he started crawling at 6 months is when we took him and we let him crawl around there.

Sassalota November 24th, 2013 02:53 PM

I am having this same question. My LO is 9 months and really busy and starting to act interested in other kids. I am going to try and take him to my aunts daycare this week when she only have 1 other little boy and see how it goes. Of course I will stay there the whole time :)

alittlelost November 24th, 2013 04:36 PM

We don't do that unfortunately my social anxiety gets in the way. I may need to overcome that... but generally I do some mommy and me classes after they are a year old.

sareymac November 25th, 2013 04:44 AM

Never have. . . I have actually never even heard of any around here. BUT he goes to a sitter during the day and plays with her kids and most of my friends have kids around his age sooo we get together.

MapleGranola November 25th, 2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sareymac (Post 27820132)
Never have. . . I have actually never even heard of any around here. BUT he goes to a sitter during the day and plays with her kids and most of my friends have kids around his age sooo we get together.

There's actually a TON around here! I know you are pretty close to me and there's play groups almost daily in the area. We get together weekly with a 10 month old girl and on a different day with a 9 month old boy and 6 month old girl. The moms of the 9 mo and 6 mo old are totally AP which is great because I've had a rough time finding like minded moms around here.

sareymac November 25th, 2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pretty Crispy (Post 27820146)
There's actually a TON around here! I know you are pretty close to me and there's play groups almost daily in the area. We get together weekly with a 10 month old girl and on a different day with a 9 month old boy and 6 month old girl. The moms of the 9 mo and 6 mo old are totally AP which is great because I've had a rough time finding like minded moms around here.

Never seen/heard of any. . . but then again I work all day so that wouldn't work anyway! lol