JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   For real?... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/2663711-for-real.html)

IronMamma July 5th, 2013 11:34 AM

For real?...

Is this serious?...

http://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...044f8a6872.jpg

sareymac July 5th, 2013 11:40 AM

Re: For real?...

omg thats terrifying. . .w t f !

IronMamma July 5th, 2013 12:01 PM

My thoughts exactly. I feel very disturbed looking at it...but, is that for real?

CrunchyMommaTo2 July 5th, 2013 12:46 PM

What if she spits up?! She's guaranteed to aspirate then! That's horrible and terrifying

Fluga July 5th, 2013 12:53 PM

Yes it was for real but was recalled as presumably someone cued the maker onto what an incredibly dangerous that product was: CPSC - Kahn Enterprises Recalls Beeni Baby Hats Due to Asphyxiation Hazard

mama_2_Callen July 5th, 2013 01:37 PM

Umm wow that looks like a torture device!

Eowyn July 5th, 2013 03:11 PM

this is horrifying! I'm so glad it got recalled-how it ever got made at all is just unbelievable!

IronMamma July 5th, 2013 03:47 PM

I cannot even believe that was for real at one point. That is absolute torture!

TreeTog July 5th, 2013 05:36 PM

It is a baby muzzle!

Leslie

IronMamma July 5th, 2013 08:25 PM

I cannot believe that that idea even passed. That baby could choke, what if they have a stuffy nose and cannot breathe! The people that passed and produced that are INSANE!

Social Halfwit July 5th, 2013 11:05 PM

Welp, I'll be having nightmares of someone strapping this to my baby's face now.

IronMamma July 6th, 2013 11:18 AM

:( Aww no! I'm sorry!

LessthanThree July 6th, 2013 12:26 PM

It seems like someone tries to make something like that every few years and then the government recalls them because, y'know, they are incredibly dangerous.

Social Halfwit July 6th, 2013 02:02 PM

Ugh, it's like.. I get that if your baby has a binkie and keeps spitting it out, it's frustrating and you have to keep cleaning it... but can you imagine how scary it would be for a baby to have it strapped to their face?! I know I would be scared if something were wrapped around my face, I can't imagine how scary it would be if I had no idea what it was and didn't have the coordination to pull it off.

NinjaCakes July 6th, 2013 03:44 PM

Wow. Just wow.

IronMamma July 6th, 2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Social Halfwit (Post 27501216)
Ugh, it's like.. I get that if your baby has a binkie and keeps spitting it out, it's frustrating and you have to keep cleaning it... but can you imagine how scary it would be for a baby to have it strapped to their face?! I know I would be scared if something were wrapped around my face, I can't imagine how scary it would be if I had no idea what it was and didn't have the coordination to pull it off.

:ditto: I would freak the heck out! I will never understand why some people do to their kids what they would not want done to them. Makes no sense.

CrunchyMommaTo2 July 6th, 2013 07:39 PM

But but but it's too hard to keep putting the binkie back in their mouth. This is for parents who put their kids down and walk away, its a no cry solution. After my horrible experience with L today this thing scares me even more. Baby wouldn't be able to actually spit up.

angelsailor288 July 6th, 2013 08:01 PM

Its called pure laziness

IronMamma July 6th, 2013 08:37 PM

I totally agree. Someone that practices CIO would def use this. SO sad.

ashj_1218 July 6th, 2013 08:45 PM

^^ It's a bit of an insulting stretch to assume that those who practice CIO would use such a dangerous and unnecessary device. But I'll assume you didn't mean that how it came out.

There are those parents who would use it out of laziness and/or lack of foresight into the potential dangers of them. Ridiculous device to invent. So happy it's no longer on the market.