JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Attachment Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/)
-   -   Splurge (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f97-attachment-parenting/2686899-splurge.html)

Pretty Crispy October 19th, 2013 10:01 AM

Splurge

What splurge are you saving up for?

crunchywannabe October 19th, 2013 11:05 AM

Re: Splurge

Winter Tires. ugh

KMH October 19th, 2013 01:34 PM

Ugh, I'm putting new tires on my van on Tuesday. Buying tires stinks!

Pretty Crispy October 19th, 2013 01:56 PM

Oh yuck! That's not a fun splurge!

I'm saving for a Tula or KP

Social Halfwit October 20th, 2013 09:35 AM

Gotta start saving up for a Britax car seat. We want one of the more expensive models, but figure since it will work up to 70lbs it will be worth it. I also want to save up for a couple really good wraps, and classic rock baby onesies!

mama_2_Callen October 20th, 2013 11:36 AM

Life. Lol can't really save right now just trying to get by.

alittlelost October 20th, 2013 04:18 PM

Saving up for an Ellevill carrier I've been eyes since I was PREGNANT. I want it so bad. Probably won't be able to get it until Christmas.

KatyG October 20th, 2013 04:49 PM

I need a new laptop but I haven't decided what kind to get yet

ashj_1218 October 20th, 2013 07:36 PM

I'm with Emily. We don't really need anything at the moment. But life is flipping expensive right now (birthday month, heading toward Christmas, just went to a weekend wedding 11-hours away). I'll start in on the Christmas stuff soon, so we can buy a gift or two a week so we don't kill our budget.

crunchywannabe October 21st, 2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Social Halfwit (Post 27747562)
Gotta start saving up for a Britax car seat. We want one of the more expensive models, but figure since it will work up to 70lbs it will be worth it. I also want to save up for a couple really good wraps, and classic rock baby onesies!

This gets me so excited! I can't wait to buy another seat (or two) for our family! Any reason you chose Britax specifically? They are great seats, but I would only recommend them for children that remain under the 30%, as they are outgrown in height very quickly. That said, they are a nice option for the smaller babes!

Sugaree October 21st, 2013 09:25 AM

A new car. Specifically a 4-door Jeep Wrangler (hopefully in Commando Green). I don't really want a car payment, but I've got to have something bigger than my current Jeep.

I know that the responsible thing to do would be to buy what I can afford to pay cash for, but I figure if I'm going to drive it for the next decade then I might as well get something I like.

Social Halfwit October 21st, 2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchywannabe (Post 27749539)
This gets me so excited! I can't wait to buy another seat (or two) for our family! Any reason you chose Britax specifically? They are great seats, but I would only recommend them for children that remain under the 30%, as they are outgrown in height very quickly. That said, they are a nice option for the smaller babes!

I always hear the name pop up in recommendations. I guess we will see how baby looks through the pregnancy; my boys always measured tall and thin, but DF is significantly shorter than their dads so it could go either way. Shortness runs in my mom's side so baby may get it.

In the past I've gone for cheaper options on car seats, then end up replacing them within a year or two and spending even more on another cheaper option.. so this time I want to research and just spend extra up front to get one that will last.