JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Possibility of twins (pic added) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2602122-possibility-twins-pic-added.html)

alittlelost December 4th, 2012 10:14 AM

Possibility of twins (pic added)

My family has joked about it for a while. My husband said it would be. My oldest son told me I have two babies in there (1 boy, 1 girl). Lots of people joked about this. But I thought, no way. Twins don't even run in my family.

As the U/S tech was doing the u/s, I was getting worried. She asked if I had m/s and I said no, and I was like, crap, is she asking that because something went wrong and I'm not pregnant? She was looking around a LOT and I thought--does she not see anything? I didn't see anything. So I asked her. "You can't see anything." She said, "I can see something, I'm just not sure if I am seeing two babies or one."

So, there might be two in there. I go back in 2 weeks to be sure. She FOR SURE sees one baby (so that's a good thing!) but I guess we'll be finding out soon if that baby has a womb buddy. I am shocked and to be honest I am just CERTAIN there must only be 1 baby in there. There CAN'T be two babies. It's a funny suggestion she made, but it can't be true.

Here is a picture of the U/S--I'm not sure if this is just the picture of the baby she for sure saw or if it's meant to be a picture of both. To be honest, it looks like absolutely nothing to me. And she said I was only measuring about 5 weeks (and I'm 5 weeks 4 days, so that worries me a bit) but she did say it wasn't exact. And it was too early to see a heartbeat. I'll be on pins and needles until the next u/s.

http://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...f881a9745c.jpg

Diamond2009 December 4th, 2012 10:22 AM

Re: Possibility of twins

How exciting. Cant wait to find out in 2 weeks :excited:

Irishgirl99 December 4th, 2012 10:25 AM

Oh wow!!! Can't wait Neil your next ultrasound!
Glad there's at least 1 healthy baby!

sharitamiles December 4th, 2012 10:33 AM

Can't wait for your next u/s, that's so exciting!!!

alittlelost December 4th, 2012 11:15 AM

Re: Possibility of twins (pic added)

someone just explained it to me. The two black "voids" are each an amniotic sac. But I still don't know if she thought she saw another BABY or just where another baby might be. So, there might only be 1 baby. I'm so nervous. I just hope there is at least one healthy baby in there. I'll feel better when I see the heartbeat/heartbeats.

mamalamb December 4th, 2012 11:43 AM

How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dandelion December 4th, 2012 11:59 AM

!!!! Wheeeee!!!! I'm secretly hoping for this result lol. So this has me excited! How awesome!

cypressmama December 4th, 2012 12:32 PM

OMG that is so exciting!!! :D:D:D What if you have TWINS!!!:D I can't wait to hear the update:D

Kelllilee December 4th, 2012 12:42 PM

very exciting!!! Good luck!

KASHWORTH December 4th, 2012 12:58 PM

How exciting! I definitely see the 2 sacs and the little white area in the top left of the top one is one baby, maybe just can't see the other one yet or in this pic. Can't wait till your next U/S!

Allie_SMg December 4th, 2012 02:01 PM

How exciting!!

alittlelost December 4th, 2012 02:19 PM

I'm excited but also scared! It's going to be a long 2 weeks!

KMH December 4th, 2012 03:24 PM

*lurking*

Yep, definitely looks like two sacs to me! I went for my first ultrasound at 5w1d and we saw only one sac that looked like yours. The next week there were two sacs, two babies and two heartbeats! When you go back you'll be able to see a lot more...congrats!

alittlelost December 4th, 2012 03:26 PM

KMH, I'm honestly a little scared right now about all the potential risks. Then I'm also worried what if one baby or both babies aren't OK at the next ultrasound? I'm worried more now than I was before.

KMH December 4th, 2012 03:43 PM

That's okay and perfectly normal. I was terrified of losing one or both twins pretty much the whole time I was pregnant. I had never been more excited or more scared...it was a goofy combination of emotions to have, and the hormones sure didn't help calm me down! Give yourself time to take it all in. You don't have to know how you feel about it right this minute, nor do you have to be all glowy and excited yet. If you are, that is great, but if you are terrified, that is okay too.

Hang in there, Mama!

alittlelost December 4th, 2012 03:50 PM

Thanks, hon. Yep, I feel a mix of emotions. I'm excited and terrified. I will feel better after the next ultrasound I think once I find out how many babies are for sure there and that the heartbeat(s) are there.

Dandelion December 4th, 2012 04:49 PM

I'll be eagerly awaiting your next update in 2 weeks. :)

Hopeful2BMommy December 4th, 2012 05:30 PM

Lurking...
Looks like 2 sacs :)
Good luck.

Rhonda66 December 4th, 2012 05:39 PM

Oh wow, that is definitely 2 sacs, how cool is that?! It's looks like you're very early, but there is a good chance there that you could end up with 2! I was looking so hard for another sac when had my US, but definitely only one - would have loved to have seen what you have there! Good luck, may you have 2 sticky beans!!!

Dirtroads December 4th, 2012 09:57 PM

Wow, I hope you get the results you want! How exciting!