JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Appointment today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2602274-appointment-today.html)

Allie_SMg December 4th, 2012 06:17 PM

Appointment today

I went to the military hospital today for my first appointment. My doctor was nice but refused to check if my progesterone was low or do quantitative betas for me on the reasoning that I was only 23 and in her words "it seems like a big deal to you, but medically, 2 miscarriages is considered very normal" and she said that I was considered very low risk at this point, and that they wouldn't do any further testing until I had 3 miscarriages in a row. Who else calls BS on that? I don't consider myself high risk or anything, but if the patient is really nervous and has had losses without a successful pregnancy, why wouldn't you check them??

Anyway, I argued with her a little bit, but she refused to do testing, and I really had no choice but to just deal with it and leave it in God's hands. :) She gave me prenatals that I'm going to switch to because she said they were better than the Women's One A Day. I also had more labs done to check for all kinds of things, I don't really remember what they all were. I get to schedule a 10 weeks ultrasound in about a week, but I'm going on vacation to see family for 2 weeks end of December.. so I'll either get one in mid January afterwards, or before Christmas. :D That's exciting and scary at the same time!

I just desperately hope she's not setting me up for a loss with refusing to do betas or progesterone check. Other than that, I feel fine. Just a little stressed still. Test still looks good, getting darker little by little. I really need to stop testing. lol! I have had more period-like cramps all day, but nothing painful, just feels like it'll start, but I don't think it will. Keep the LO in your thoughts and prayers (if you are the type). As a first time mommy, I can't help the nervousness and annoyance at the doctor. :p

alittlelost December 4th, 2012 06:22 PM

Re: Appointment today

ugh, i hate her already. pet peeve of mine is how horrible military doctors are. really, people on medicaid get EXCEPTIONAL service and options, but serve our country and you get the most limited health care out there? I don't get it.

Allie_SMg December 4th, 2012 06:28 PM

I agree, it pisses me off to no end, and I KNEW I'd have to fight them for testing and probably would lose. I mean, there's only so much you can ask about it and so many reasons you can give with them just being like "no, no, we don't do that" before you just give up and hope for the best. And I really don't have money to go to another place and pay for medication, testing, etc should I need it.

Today's test:
http://s1355.beta.photobucket.com/us...cb21d.jpg.html

Diamond2009 December 4th, 2012 07:07 PM

Wow what a bi&ch. I would have been pissed too. So glad i live in Canada, OHIP covers everything.

Yay for a US at 10 weeks. At least that gives you something to look forward to

Dirtroads December 4th, 2012 09:52 PM

I agree that it must be frazzling and piss you off at the same time but for some reason the rule is 3 miscarriages. I've heard it over and over when I was active on the PCOS board and then actually experienced it IRL with a close friend. I think it is total BS.

Momma2Chase December 5th, 2012 04:50 AM

What BS!! :(
I've had 2 m/c's too, and my doctor's office knows I'm so nervous about them that they don't even question bringing me in for betas/progesterone checks when I ask. Do you have Tricare Prime?
We just switched to Standard a bit ago-- costs a little more, but it's really worth it in these situations!

FishermansWife4 December 5th, 2012 06:54 AM

UGH! I'm mad for you! That's not right. You're a scared, military mama...And they won't do the testing for you? If only I could be President.... I think your tests look great and HORRAY FOR 10 WEEK ULTRASOUNDS! Good Luck Allie! We miss you on TTC6+ but I'm oh so happy it looks like you got a sticky sticky bean :0)

KASHWORTH December 5th, 2012 07:02 AM

I absolutely hate military doctors.... She could have just checked the levels to give you some comfort.

Etph007 December 5th, 2012 09:21 AM

I'm sorry :( But I hope the u/s will but your fears at eyes. Thoughts and prayers for a healthy pregnancy!