JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Thank goodness for this message board (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2604251-thank-goodness-for-message-board.html)

CaliFeather December 10th, 2012 11:49 PM

Thank goodness for this message board

I may not post a lot but it comforting to read the posts. I don't have any "mommy" friends to talk with. Either my friends had their kids a long time ago, or they are still out being wild and single or with boyfriends and wild. I got married almost 4 months ago, we are due August 10th. This message board has been really helpful. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you during our 9 months.
Thanks again!!!

Diamond2009 December 11th, 2012 05:21 AM

Re: Thank goodness for this message board

:welcome: & :grats: I'm Kim EDD August 11 H&H 9 months.

KASHWORTH December 11th, 2012 06:17 AM

:welcome: :congrats:

Dandelion December 11th, 2012 06:40 AM

We will always be here to chat. :)

CaliFeather December 11th, 2012 08:17 AM

Thanks. I have been feeling really down about my "so-called" friends. They have been my friends for over 10 years but as soon as I started dating my now husband the friendships started to fade. I guess I just need to accept that. People's lives go in different directions and we change.

Diamond2009 December 11th, 2012 08:20 AM

I'm sorry your friendships are fading. That usually happens when you get pregnant or get married or something. They become envious and disappear. I've been through it 4 times....you find out who your true friends are when you are pregnant.

Dandelion December 11th, 2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliFeather (Post 26861130)
Thanks. I have been feeling really down about my "so-called" friends. They have been my friends for over 10 years but as soon as I started dating my now husband the friendships started to fade. I guess I just need to accept that. People's lives go in different directions and we change.

I feel you on this. Nothing in particular happened to my friendships....they just suck if you ask me. haha
They being my "friends". I've been waiting for years for them to have babies too because in the past I was the only one with a kid and couldn't just go out and party like they wanted. So we lost touch then. Now, since they have babies and are married I never see or hear from them. I grow tired of being the one who always has to try to keep our friendship alive by calling and asking how they are etc.

We need new friends. :rolleyes:

CaliFeather December 11th, 2012 09:27 AM

Thank you! I really appreciate that. I have already taken some steps to change things and make me happier. I too feel like I am the one always reaching out and not getting it in return. I changed a bunch of my settings on my facebook page so that I do not share most of status posts or pictures with them (the "friends") and have removed them from my news feed. I need to be surrounded by positive stuff. and if they don't make the same effort to be in touch with me then they don't deserve to know what is going on in my life. I think un-friending them is a bit drastic at this point. Some of this could be my hormones, so this a just a temp fix. :) Make sense?

mrskfet December 11th, 2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliFeather (Post 26861130)

Completely understand what you mean. After I started dating my now husband I lost ALL of my male friends. I've never really had many female friends, and those that I do have, I only stay in contact (talking at least once a week) with two or three. This DDC has been a blessing :smile: looking forward to getting to know you!

Jen71 December 11th, 2012 04:52 PM

I understand. I've made great friends since being a mommy. I still have friends from before, but the ones I keep in touch with theist have kids my age. I've met great women through mom/baby classes and through a birth board like this one. My birth board with my youngest son is all still talking, 5 years later. We've had meet ups with the most recent in Vegas last year. While I still haven't met some of them in real life, they know more about me than some IRL friends and I trust them well. Hopefully mommy-hood will bring new opportunities for you too!

CaliFeather December 11th, 2012 04:59 PM

I sure hope so! I have just been ready to "grow up" and its happening. with getting married and now having a baby. I am 34 years old and my husband is almost 39. Most of our friends range from the ages of 25 - 40. But they are most all still in the partying scene. The great majority of our friends are in their 30's. They are all still living life like they are still in their 20's. I just chose to not be as big of a part of that anymore. There is so much more to life. I wasted away my 20's like that. But I would haven't have met my husband and would be pregnant now if it weren't for all that. I gave up those ways a few years ago...

Dandelion December 11th, 2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliFeather (Post 26863240)
I sure hope so! I have just been ready to "grow up" and its happening. with getting married and now having a baby. I am 34 years old and my husband is almost 39. Most of our friends range from the ages of 25 - 40. But they are most all still in the partying scene. The great majority of our friends are in their 30's. They are all still living life like they are still in their 20's. I just chose to not be as big of a part of that anymore. There is so much more to life. I wasted away my 20's like that. But I would haven't have met my husband and would be pregnant now if it weren't for all that. I gave up those ways a few years ago...

I'm 25 and thankful for my children helping me to grow up early. I'm glad I'm not hanging around a bar somewhere wasting my life away. It was fun for a few years but gets old fast. What's sad is I still see the same people doing the same things at the same bars. There's so much more to life.