JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Who will be there during delivery? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2605928-who-will-there-during-delivery.html)

Dandelion December 16th, 2012 08:58 AM

Who will be there during delivery?

Whether you have a home birth, center birth, or hospital birth... Who will be in the room while you are giving birth? If this isn't your first baby, who was with you the last time(s)?
:)

KnitterLaurel December 16th, 2012 09:09 AM

Re: Who will be there during delivery?

I will be having a home birth, so it will be DH, the midwife and our daughters if they want to. Last time it was DH, midwife and her assistant. My oldest daughter slept through the whole thing.

Kelllilee December 16th, 2012 09:19 AM

With my first: My mom, DH, midwife, and a ton of nurses

second: mom, DH, midwife (though she nearly missed the birth), her assistant, and my older DD

third: mom, both sisters, both older children, DH, midwife, her assistant (missed the birth, got there for the placenta delivery)

This time: Unsure... For sure DH, midwife, doula, and my other kids. But I'm not sure beyond that. I'm really leaning towards not having my family there and instead inviting some friends who are super supportive, but I'm sure my mom would not be happy about that...

Dandelion December 16th, 2012 09:31 AM

I've had all hospital births.

The first I had my mom and dd's dad in there along with nurses and Dr.

Second time was Dh and my mother in law.

This time I think I want my mom back in the room with Dh & I. I feel more secure with my own mom there. :)

Allie_SMg December 16th, 2012 09:39 AM

Im thinking I will only have DH and the doctors/nurses there.

mamalamb December 16th, 2012 09:52 AM

With our first, it was an induction becasue she had stopped growing at 35 weeks and we were unsure how she was going to do, it was pretty scary. So we just had Dh and myself and a huge team of doctors and nurses.

With our second, (also an induction but she was doing great) I *planned* on having an epi and letting my sisters come watch, but as it unfolded I wasn't able to get one, had to go natural, screamed through the whole thing and they didn't make it in time anyway...which I was actually happy about haha. So just DH and I again.

I'm thinking it will just be us again, unless I do end up getting a nice working epi and things are going perfect and I decide last minute to let my sisters in. We'll see!

Norwegian mom December 16th, 2012 10:09 AM

My husband and the midwife.

BOYSxTWO December 16th, 2012 10:21 AM

Me & dad. Period.

DS1 was me, dad & my mom

DS2 was me & dad

kjm December 16th, 2012 10:25 AM

With DS it was DH and me. This time will be the same

Anchored December 16th, 2012 10:46 AM

I think just DH this time...
last time it was my ex-husband, my mom, and a friend.

Irishgirl99 December 16th, 2012 11:31 AM

Just my hubby and the doc and nurse. Same as the other 2 times

UrbanMomma December 16th, 2012 11:58 AM

Over the years and with all the different births I have had my mom most consistently. Once I had a friend there and my mom. An aunt was there once. Dh has been there for the last three. My oldest son was with us last time.

This time I suppose it will be dh and I, or maybe just I. I like to be left alone.

With all there has been either ob's (early years) and midwives for the last six.

round2t December 16th, 2012 12:20 PM

I think I'll want to kill anyone that comes near me - so probably just DH and perhaps my mom... I don't really want anyone all up in my business when I'm in that compromising position but I do think I can find comfort in my mother... and of course DH.

I'm scared :o

♥womanintheshoe♥ December 16th, 2012 01:47 PM

Sigh...I don't know. Up until the twins I had a party of people - two daughters, friends from church, friend's husband, my husband...it was such fun. Now I either will c/s or have to do an underground VBAC (meaning I literally wait in my car until transition hits then race inside and push so there is no time for a c/s). If the latter is what happens, I can't have my daughters there because me and no drugs is NOT what I want them to witness. ;) I'm so bummed because everyone missed the twins' birth...I really need my friends with me this time.

annabelpolo December 16th, 2012 01:49 PM

DD: my mom, my sister and my husband. I was induced at the hospital since dd was past her due date

This time: im planning on my mom and sister again if they are flying up from FL, DH and possibly my DD who will 3 1/2 but im still debating if she should be there or not.

BirdsWifey December 16th, 2012 03:55 PM

Just DH and maybe a photographer. With both boys we had visitors up until delivery and then they were all kicked out and it was just DH!

sandmama December 16th, 2012 04:02 PM

Baby #1 My now ex-husband and my best friend. That husband did not get along with my parents well and he waited so late to call them, they arrived 10 minutes after the birth.

Baby #2 My husband, my parents popped in and out and my IL's popped in and out, my BIL and his girlfriend popped in and out and my best friend was there. It was like a circus!

Baby #3 My husband only - although baby was 4 weeks early so a few NICU nurses, a dr for the baby and the anesthesiologist were standing in the room along with the OB.

New Baby #4 - Tough One. DH works out of town up to 8 hours away now. My parents are 2.5-3 hours away. I will call everyone as soon as I know. I have it set up for a friend of mine who is like a mother to me to take me and another best friend to be with me until family arrives. I have fairly quick deliveries - Under 4 hours, so who knows!

♥womanintheshoe♥ December 16th, 2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

I think I'll want to kill anyone that comes near me - so probably just DH and perhaps my mom...
LOL...we quickly discovered that my dh is my worst enemy (my mom comes in a close second) during natural childbirth. Dh is now the camera guy and keeps a safe distance (even if I get an epi) while my friends and friend's husband are my labor coaches. My dh likes his position now...he is physically and mentally/emotionally safe. :D ;)

Diamond2009 December 16th, 2012 04:40 PM

This time i would love my kids DF and mom in the room since it will be my last

With my 3rd it was just DF (c-section)

With my 2nd it was her dad

With my first it was my mom

JessKeller24 December 16th, 2012 04:52 PM

1st- my mom because my no ex, was too scared to go into the OR, what an a******!
2nd- my mom because even though I told my now ex (same guy as the first) that I knew something was going on, he went to work!
3rd-my SO he was terrified and the whole pregnancy said he wouldn't of to the hospital, lol. I let him no I'd never forgive him if he didn't go with me, and I knew he'd regret not seeing his son being born. He went with, even being terrified! Not sure why they were terrified when I was the one having major surgery!
Hopefully SO will be in with me again, the only way he won't is if he's at work and doesn't get home in time.