JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Anyone found more control over there morning sickness this time around? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2612549-anyone-found-more-control-over-there-morning-sickness-time-around.html)

321abc January 8th, 2013 08:27 AM

Anyone found more control over there morning sickness this time around?

I feel pretty yucky most of the time but I've only thrown up one time. It was terrible last pregnancy. Sometimes I really thought I might die. Lol
I couldn't keep anything down some days, i had it for like 16 weeks. This time around I seem to be handling it better. Mind over matter I guess? I just tell myself not to throw up ( I really really hate to throw up and I can't afford to lose weight) and I don't. I'll gag a lot which is gross, annoying and embarrassing but I'll take that any day over spending my day hugging a toilet. I don't have time for that with a 1yr old. I do have to eat more often and drink something carbonated to help idegestion. I'm just so glad I'm not throwing up several times a day. I hope the same is happening for y'all!

Hesperleigh January 8th, 2013 08:33 AM

Re: Anyone found more control over there morning sickness this time around?

I am having a lot of nausea, but I haven't thrown up much. Really, I'm only throwing up if I also have a migraine. The rest of the time I just feel queasy and gaggy. Last time around I remember throwing up a lot more. They say every pregnancy is different, so I'm just chalking it up to that!

PhD_Bound_Mommy January 8th, 2013 08:44 AM

I have discovered a lot of my triggers and just try to avoid those this time.

321abc January 8th, 2013 08:48 AM

Maybe I just know what helps and what hinders after having it so bad last time.
I am thankful for morning sickness oddly enough. I think it's a blessing in disguise letting me know that my HCG levels are rising :)
I try not to complain too much

jessicag January 8th, 2013 09:26 AM

The one thing that helps me most (I did not have it with DS, and I actually ended up in the ER at 7 weeks because I couldnt keep anything down and became very dehydrated) is my perscription and eating small amounts through the entire day. It took a few days for the medicine to really work and kick in, so I was super sick and not eating anything for about 5 days before the medicine was working enough that I could eat without feeing miserable. Now that I have been able to keep eating small amounts of food through the entire day, I dont have to take my perscription every day. But I still have some days that just suck really badly. Today is one of those days. I tend to feel "yucky" almost all day on most days but I feel down right sick today. Fun stuff...

321abc January 8th, 2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessicag (Post 26948113)
The one thing that helps me most (I did not have it with DS, and I actually ended up in the ER at 7 weeks because I couldnt keep anything down and became very dehydrated) is my perscription and eating small amounts through the entire day. It took a few days for the medicine to really work and kick in, so I was super sick and not eating anything for about 5 days before the medicine was working enough that I could eat without feeing miserable. Now that I have been able to keep eating small amounts of food through the entire day, I dont have to take my perscription every day. But I still have some days that just suck really badly. Today is one of those days. I tend to feel "yucky" almost all day on most days but I feel down right sick today. Fun stuff...

I had to take zofran last time! It gave me a headache but I really think it was a life saver