JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Are you a SAHM, Employee, or Student? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2615464-you-sahm-employee-student.html)

angelbabiesmama January 16th, 2013 01:24 PM

Are you a SAHM, Employee, or Student?

Erin_0225 January 16th, 2013 01:27 PM

Re: Are you a SAHM, Employee, or Student?

SAHM, babysitter, and student.

I graduate in Dec but plan on continuing school to defer my loans and give me more time before getting a job. I most likely will need a job to afford the payment.

Dandelion January 16th, 2013 01:37 PM

SAHM with no plans to change. :cheer:

teeny0518 January 16th, 2013 01:49 PM

Im an audit manager at a big bank. I love what I do and have no plans to leave...but I also have no little ones yet so Im sure my priorities will change soon!!!

Anchored January 16th, 2013 01:55 PM

SAHM... planning to go back to work and school eventually. I was going to restart school this fall when my son started pre-k, but that'll be pushed back for a bit. I know technically we could afford for me to go to school and pay for a sitter for the new baby and my son on days there's no pre-k, but I didn't get to stay home with him until he was 16 months old so I really want this opportunity to be home with the baby while it's young

mamalamb January 16th, 2013 02:04 PM

Hmmm none of the above? Lol

I'm a realtor, so I am basically my own boss, and I work from home (besides showings/inspections/etc). I feel really blessed to be able to both work and be home with my kids, but wow it can get nutty sometimes!!!! Gotta love being on a business call, trying make dinner, clean, and with the kids screaming in the background all at the same time LOL!!

kearsty20 January 16th, 2013 02:06 PM

i work sadly... i wish we could afford for me to stay home. i have a phlebotomy license and currently am a paramedical examiner i contract through two different companies. eventually i would like to go back to school to get my RN that was what i was doing before i had moved and got pregnant.

mamalamb i TOTALLY know what you mean! its like bringing your kids to work every day. with my job i make phone calls schedule in clients do paperwork all that office stuff from home but then i go out in the field to do medical exams and i find it pretty hard to find some quiet time to sit down and get work done

JessKeller24 January 16th, 2013 02:09 PM

SAHM and I babysit my niece. I was planning on quitting babysitting and getting a job sept since I'd have 3 in school full time, now, I don't know what I'm doing.

Honestlymonique January 16th, 2013 02:26 PM

A sahm and a student 0_o n I feel like I should add wife cause that's a job too lol

Kaisia January 16th, 2013 02:32 PM

Part-time employee and part-time student.

Conveniently enough, the business I work for is closing at the end of May, which will be the end of my second trimester. So I'll have the summer off and then a whole year at home with the baby before we move and I have to get a job again.

After this spring semester, I'll have one more class in my program--just one credit hour that should be really easy to finish. I think I'm going to wait until next spring to do that one, though, because if I do it over the summer and then go into labor early it would really mess up the end of the class. And I obviously don't want to be dealing with it in the fall with a newborn!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honestlymonique (Post 26980810)
I feel like I should add wife cause that's a job too lol

I know, right? I went on vacation to visit family for a little over a week last summer and was reminded how much I'm needed at home. He's so very capable at work and most other things, but taking care of himself? Laundry, cooking? Nope!

Beachbabies January 16th, 2013 02:51 PM

I'm a SAHM :) When this baby (our last baby) is school-aged I'll look into teaching full time again. When this one is 3 I will probably enroll him/her in part-time preschool and start subbing a few days per week.

Kelllilee January 16th, 2013 03:12 PM

all three

I consider myself primarily a SAHM. My job is about 8-10 hours a week and school is about 5-10 hours a week (though I'm taking this quarter off)

mommy2skyty January 16th, 2013 03:17 PM

I work 3 days a week as a substitute teacher and I have the summers off which is wonderful so I don't have to work when I am really pregnant this summer! I won't be going back to work until my kids are in elementary school hopefully.

round2t January 16th, 2013 03:29 PM

I work full time and hate it... gotta make ends meet though :)

alittlelost January 16th, 2013 03:49 PM

I'm a homeschooling self-employed WAHM lol

kjm January 16th, 2013 03:50 PM

I'm a stay at home mom and student

AprylLynn January 16th, 2013 04:08 PM

stay at home mommy. No plans on changing that til the kids are grown.

BeachMum January 16th, 2013 04:46 PM

SAHM and no plans to change.

jkbaxter612 January 16th, 2013 05:17 PM

I'm a wife and mom...for the long term! ;)

Dirtroads January 16th, 2013 05:19 PM

I work full time and go to school part-time. It can be tough but I am not cut out to stay at home. We're actually talking about dh staying home with baby because I will not send my newborn to daycare. We'll work it out together.