JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   NT scan in the morning (Update w/pics!) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2622884-nt-scan-morning-update-w-pics.html)

Allie_SMg February 6th, 2013 08:12 PM

NT scan in the morning (Update w/pics!)

I got a referral from my doctor over a week ago for an NT scan, but they never called me back, so I was starting to wonder if they would be able to get me in before 13 weeks 6 days! But today they said they could get me in at 7:30am (Pacific Time) tomorrow morning. I'm so excited to see baby again, but nervous that everything is ok. That paranoia is starting to come back even though I'm out of the first trimester starting tomorrow.

The clinic is like 40 minutes away, plus traffic, so we have to leave way early, but it'll be worth it to put my mind at ease for any problems and see the LO. It also makes me happy because DH didn't get to see baby last time, and this time, he should. They did a transvaginal ultrasound last time and said that it was policy that husband/partners couldn't be in the room when they did a vaginal. :? That just made it seem creepier, really, cuz it was a guy tech, but there was also a female nurse there. LOL Did anyone else have that experience? I'm guessing it's normal. haha Just thought it was funny and weird that he had to leave, like he'd make a big deal out a doctor doing a vaginal ultrasound on me or something. So I'm happy that he'll get to see our baby this time, since he's never had the experience of seeing an ultrasound being done before!

Anyway, I'll update you ladies tomorrow, please send happy thoughts and since I know NOTHING about the nub theory and I'll be 13 weeks... let's hope we have a super super nice tech who will guess for us! :D

mrskfet February 7th, 2013 04:18 AM

Re: NT scan in the morning!

Good luck today!! :)

Irishgirl99 February 7th, 2013 04:24 AM

Yay! Can't wait to see pics

PhD_Bound_Mommy February 7th, 2013 04:26 AM

Good luck! can't wait to see pics!

Momma2Chase February 7th, 2013 04:48 AM

Yay! Keep us posted! I hope they give you a nub shot!!

alittlelost February 7th, 2013 05:51 AM

get pictures so we can guess for you if the tech wont! LOL! good luck!!!

Beachbabies February 7th, 2013 06:10 AM

Yay! Can't wait for an update.

Btw- hubby has always been in during vag ultrasounds...must depend on the office.

Fins February 7th, 2013 07:03 AM

good luck and keep us posted!

Jessmom February 7th, 2013 07:43 AM

How exciting!!

mamalamb February 7th, 2013 07:55 AM

Good luck!!!!!!

At my office(s) DH and even the kids have been present for vaginal u/s so it must depend.

Kayla_7602 February 7th, 2013 08:19 AM

Good luck! Also I have had Dh, and sister and mom in during trans vaginal ultrasounds. They didn't let them in until they were done getting the information they need then would go get them to show them baby.

Allie_SMg February 7th, 2013 01:23 PM

NT scan went well! They said everything looked normal. Meauring right on track and heartbeat wad 159! Any feelings either way? Ill post all kinds of pics so you guys can guess the gender. I didn't see anything immediately boy suspicious but the baby was moving like crazy! Hehe

Kayla_7602 February 7th, 2013 01:31 PM

Yay for a great appointment :)

alittlelost February 7th, 2013 01:33 PM

I've been dying for an update! glad everything looked good! can't wait to see pics!

lmsauve February 7th, 2013 03:14 PM

I'm glad to hear everything went well today. I am having the opposite problem with my NT scan and blood work, the doctor sent over the referral on 1/24 and they called to schedule it the next say but the scan isn't until 2/12...I have had 2 weeks to think about this and stress about what it will show. AGH!!! I hate waiting.

With the trans-vag ultrasound I really think it an office policy because I have had it offered both ways, then again this last time they asked if I would like my husband there for my PAP...sorry but there are somethings I don't think he should be in on. :-)

PhD_Bound_Mommy February 7th, 2013 03:48 PM

looking forward to seeing pics!

Allie_SMg February 7th, 2013 05:42 PM

Re: NT scan in the morning (Update w/pics!)

Here are the promised pics! This is exactly 13 weeks (ignore the 12 weeks 5 days, it's the old due date of the 17th instead of the 15th) I don't see a nub, just a round butt (probably with a folded leg or something)! hehe Any thoughts ladies? I encourage all guessing! 9 days until the gender determination!

http://s12.postimage.org/64sw5ltel/IMG_20130207_1_2.jpg
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...25269280_n.jpg
http://s11.postimage.org/ip88i4rjn/IMG_20130207_1_3.jpg
Alien baby pic! LOL

PhD_Bound_Mommy February 7th, 2013 05:55 PM

Cute pics!

alittlelost February 7th, 2013 06:02 PM

I can't say for SURE that I see a nub, but I think *maybe* I do and I think slight boy lean, and then I saw the second picture, and I think I see something in the shadows that definitely makes me think boy :) I can see the stuff pointing "up" if it was a girl, it'd either be gone by now OR it would point FORWARD. Plus I just get this whole boy vibe. Guess we'll see soon :)

Tinky February 7th, 2013 06:08 PM

awww a wee lilman:D