JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   * ~ * alittlelost and melissamarie247 * ~ * (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2628026-alittlelost-and-melissamarie247.html)

alittlelost February 21st, 2013 02:27 PM

* ~ * alittlelost and melissamarie247 * ~ *

Hey, Melissa!

Looks like we are due date buddies :)

ElliotsMommy13 February 21st, 2013 08:52 PM

Re: * ~ * alittlelost and melissamarie247 * ~ *

alittlelost February 22nd, 2013 06:16 AM

I had my previous kids at 36 weeks, 35 weeks, and 37 weeks, so I'm guessing I will go pretty early! I hope to make it to 37 weeks at least but really, I'd love to make it to 38 weeks this time!

If you have any questions about ANYTHING let me know.

Have you looked into pediatricians yet? It's good to pick one before the baby is born, if you can (you still have plenty of time!)

alittlelost February 22nd, 2013 11:13 AM

Here's a cute Boy Burp Cloth Set (5 coordinating burp cloths)
http://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...2e8794a3fb.jpg
Black Chevron Burp Cloth Gray Guitar Burp by poshhouseoriginals

This lamp shade is super cute for a boy's pirate-themed nursery, too!
http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...bd70c5c218.jpg
DRUM SHADEBoy's Lampshade Pirate Lamp by PookadellasHomeDecor

Some cute Baby Blankets!
http://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...e0d43065a3.jpg
Baby Boy Chenille Baby Blanket Backyard by theposhpeaboutique

http://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...a79ddbaeb0.jpg
Baby Blanket Michael Miller Bicycles Haze and Gray by SirBubbadoo

ElliotsMommy13 February 22nd, 2013 07:50 PM

alittlelost February 22nd, 2013 08:26 PM

That's a GREAT idea :) My midwives have always been excellent about making recommendations, too. It's great to have recommendations to go on. For our first, we went by what my husband's boss used, and I'm sad we had to switch. I love our doctors now, because they are skilled with special needs, but they are really pushy about the vaccine issue, and that is frustrating since we don't vaccinate. I'm glad you had your midwives to make a suggestion for you <3

ElliotsMommy13 February 22nd, 2013 09:26 PM

alittlelost February 23rd, 2013 08:33 AM

That's a really rough situation, but I'm impressed at you doing all this on your own. Will you ex pay child support? Pregnancy Medicaid is actually really good coverage, so you should do fine, especially with great midwives who know how to help you get the most out of it.

With vaccines, all you can do is educate yourself. Different people look at the same information and make different decisions, because it's all about analyzing risks and how those risks apply to your personal family and deciding on which option you feel safest with.

You can absolutely do some vaccines and not others, or change the vaccine schedule to space them out more/do them later/etc. Other countries generally have a more relaxed/spaced out schedule than us, and they have fewer vaccine reactions than we do. I'm happy to answer any questions you have about not vaccinating or delayed/selective vaccinations :) When we first started looking into vaccines, it was with the intention of coming up with a selective/delayed schedule. We didn't plan to decide not to vaccinate at all. It just happened, as more things came off our list.

I'll support you in whatever decision you make, too. I think it's great you are looking into it and just not making a decision on the fly.

Are you near any family that can help you out?

ElliotsMommy13 February 23rd, 2013 11:26 AM

alittlelost February 23rd, 2013 03:01 PM

First of all--WOW, you've had a busy few years, but what an idiot Will was! *shaking my head* He didn't deserve you. It's a shame when things look one way though and you find out the truth, but it's almost insulting how easy it was for you to find out! Not the sharpest tool in the shed. Not to mention you gave him a second chance and he screwed it up again. AFTER you two were married! Oh hon, I am so so sorry :( but you are such a strong woman to end it.

It makes me sad that Will did that to you, and that the other guy took advantage of you when you were a good friend to him. I can also understand why you don't want the father to know you are pregnant! I'm glad you have your parents to stay with and sounds like they are going to be REALLY supportive. I also think it's great you will stay home to breastfeed him and bond with him for a while before returning to work. I think that's best. And if you have your parents to help out, I say hang in there and wait it out for the job you deserve. You seem really responsible and level-headed, so you'll be a great mom :) Also, once the first year is up on his insurance you should be able to continue insurance for him--it might be free still or might be low-cost, but either way, stay on top of that :)

For vaccines, the best "neutral" book out there to get started I think is the Doctor Sears Vaccine Book. it's not pro OR anti vaccine, but it has a lot of information. As for plain facts data--I really had to dig for that stuff when we were in the process of deciding. Everyone seems to have an agenda. Sometimes it helps to look at studies from both sides and look at the DATA (NOT the conclusions!) and then figure out what you think the middle ground really is. I think the truth is probably somewhere in between. There is a lot of information and facts out there, the problem is that it's often buried under opinions and slants and study "conclusions", where they take the data and slant it to imply something they want it to.

I have a lot to prepare for baby still. Not clothes so much, since my friend just gave me a ton of clothes and I know lots of girl mamas who want to give me hand me downs (and nice things, too!). But I still need the stroller, car seat, pack and play, swing, bouncer seat, etc. All the big items. Also need towels, washcloths, more bibs, socks, etc. But I have time. I have to wait for my advance to come in on one of my books. What about you? What's left on your list?

ElliotsMommy13 February 23rd, 2013 03:28 PM

ElliotsMommy13 February 23rd, 2013 08:08 PM

hey, do you shop at carters or oshkosh?? I have a coupon code for each for 25% off a purchase of $40 or more.. Im doing my shopping at Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross for those brands which are already usually 50% off the tag price or more.. If you want them let me know and I can PM you the code.

alittlelost February 24th, 2013 12:38 PM

I like to buy clothes I like before they sell out LOL but with big things, I want to buy everything all at once (with my book advance when it comes in . . . which should be any day now!) I wish I had saved the stuff from my boys (I'd send it to you!) but we thought we were done having kids lol. I wish I had major purchases out of the way like you :)

Being pregnancy in a warm state isn't so bad. It can get hot very easy when outside though! Other than that, it's fine :) Also, I'm totally down for the coupons :)

The vaccine thing IS overwhelming. Can I make a suggestion? If so, read on! LOL

Write a list of all the vaccines they will get (and in the order they will get them in). Go through one by one. You can fine out more about them here:
Vaccine Schedule for Babies & Toddlers

Research each one at a time, deciding the following:
Do I want to get this vaccine after what I've learned?
If so, at what age would I feel most comfortable giving this vaccine to my baby?

It's a lot less overwhelming when you go through one at a time. You have time, too. If you researched just one a week, by time the baby was born, you'd have your decision on the first year of vaccines covered!

ElliotsMommy13 February 24th, 2013 01:37 PM

alittlelost February 24th, 2013 03:27 PM

Thanks :) I will definitely post pictures when I have the room done. I just finished one really cool step in the process today :) I want to see the room you do up, too!

You sound like me, too. I planned to do one at a time . . . but I did . . . more like back to back. But I admit I spent HOURS for MONTHS researching things, only because I could never seem to get enough information. But I'm like you -- I hate not knowing things that are knowable and relevant to me LOL

What's the next item on your list for baby?

ElliotsMommy13 February 24th, 2013 03:52 PM

alittlelost February 24th, 2013 03:59 PM

Awe! I loved having a glider with my first two! I want to buy the big stuff; cannot WAIT for that advance to come in! Otherwise, yeah, more clothes, maybe some cloth diapers. I'm really torn right now though if I want to do cloth diapers again or if I want to do the Honest Company disposable diapers. I LOVED cloth diapering my others, but this would be a big expense (for the diaper I want) up front when I have other things to be buying right now. But it would save me money in the long run. But then, it's absolutely more work for me, and I do have 3 kids already plus this baby. At the same time, it's really not THAT much more work. I'm so torn :(

anything you are debating still, other than the vaccines?

ElliotsMommy13 February 24th, 2013 04:38 PM

alittlelost February 24th, 2013 04:50 PM

I'm with you on the natural stuff! It either smells bad or smells like nothing. I like babies to smell all wonderful! If I get the honest company body wash, I'll let you know what I think of it :)

Daycare actually will do cloth, usually if you make it easy for them BUT I can see you not wanting to while working full time. I sure as heck wouldn't. That right there would make my decision for me LOL I know some women do it but it's a lot to work and parent, and i'd want to spend all my free time playing with baby, not doing more laundry.

Diaper wise, if it it helps, when it came to disposables I liked Pampers and Huggies best. Pampers for my daughter, and huggies for my boys. I also like Walgreens brand, if you want a cheaper option. Target and other places I didn't like so much, but sometimes you have to try different things to see which you like best for you kid. Wipes wise, I like pampers best and most cheap brands. I HATE huggies wipes. They are really "dry" to me, compared to pampers, and I feel like they rely too much on the quilting to get baby clean instead of actually cleaning the area. It's hard to explain. I mean, huggies wipes FEEL nice, but they just don't clean the baby as good IMO.

ElliotsMommy13 February 24th, 2013 06:45 PM