JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   amber8813-mommybbg-ruthysb (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2628331-amber8813-mommybbg-ruthysb.html)

mommybbg February 22nd, 2013 09:01 AM

amber8813-mommybbg-ruthysb

Hi Ladies! Looks like we are all due date buddies, how exciting! I am due August 12th. When are you due?

Ruthysb February 23rd, 2013 11:00 AM

Re: amber8813-mommybbg-ruthysb

I'm due the 12 th as well! ;-)

mommybbg February 23rd, 2013 02:54 PM

Oh, wow we are both the same day! I was 2 weeks late with my last, so I am definitely not wanting to go that long this time. Do you have other kids? We have 3 kids ages 4, 7, and 10 and are thrilled to be adding one last one to our family! Oh, and do you know the sex? We haven't decided if we are going to find out or not, I am torn. We have 2 older boys and then our youngest is a girl. The only reason to find out is to help get rid of clothes, but other than that I can't find a reason!

Ruthysb March 1st, 2013 05:14 PM

I have one other child, a five year old boy. I was 10 days late last time, really hoping that doesn't happen this time. We are not planning on finding out the sex. It's a little tempting, but mostly I think it will be fun to go about it the old fashioned way and wait until the birth. Plus everyone seems to have their opinions about what they want me to have (mostly people seem to feel we NEED a girl) and that annoys me, so I am going to make them wait! It does make it harder to buy lots of gender specific stuff, but I don't like super girly or boyish stuff anyways. I like to keep things simple when possible. How is this pregnancy going for you??

mommybbg March 4th, 2013 10:26 AM

Hi again! The beginning of the pregnancy was tough, very tired and naseaus, but I managed. Now that I am in the 2nd trimester I have a little more energy and am feeling better. I still feel tired, but I think that has to do with having 3 other kids! How about you?

We have done both ways, found out with our 2nd, but waited with both our first and third. It is really nice to be surprised. We had 2 boys first, and that is really nice for both of them. Are you leaning toward one sex?

Ruthysb March 18th, 2013 05:10 PM

So sorry I forgot about checking this! Have you found out the sex or decided if you are going to find out? I am really enjoying not finding out. I was worried I would be tempted when I had my detailed ultrasound, but I wasn't! I don't really have a strong feeling about whether its a boy or girl . . . I wish I had some great intuition, but nope. Are you still feeling well? Have you had your detailed ultrasound? Oh, my midwives helped me decided I should use the due date my LMP would give me of 8/15 (the date of 8/12 was based on an early ultrasound measurement). Since I went so far overdue last time and had a c-secion the midwife thought this would be wise. Anything new with you? Hope all is well!

mommybbg March 27th, 2013 10:27 AM

Hi again! Well, I had my detailed ultrasound and everything looks great. We had the tech write the sex in an envelope and we are going to open it up together. Then we are going to tell the kids in a fun way. Maybe cupcakes or something like that.

So, how are you doing? Had your ultrasound yet? I am feeling pretty good, just gaining way too much weight:-( I keep saying I will not worry about it, but I know its going to be hard to get off the weight in the end. How are you doing in that area? I keep craving sweets, its so hard!!

mommybbg March 27th, 2013 10:27 AM

Hi again! Well, I had my detailed ultrasound and everything looks great. We had the tech write the sex in an envelope and we are going to open it up together. Then we are going to tell the kids in a fun way. Maybe cupcakes or something like that.

So, how are you doing? Had your ultrasound yet? I am feeling pretty good, just gaining way too much weight:-( I keep saying I will not worry about it, but I know its going to be hard to get off the weight in the end. How are you doing in that area? I keep craving sweets, its so hard!!

Ruthysb March 28th, 2013 05:44 AM

I had my detailed ultrasound two weeks ago and they said everything looked good. I had been worrying a lot so seeing the baby made me feel a lot better. And I closed me eyes at all the right times and didn't see anything I wasn't supposed to! Sounds like a lot of fun to tell your kids. My son was a little mad when he realized that we could have found out if it was a girl or boy and didn't. If I had more older kids they might have convinced me to find out!

Weight gain is a big issue for me! Last time I gained 60 pounds and this time I am starting out 20-25 pounds heavier. Ugghh. My midwife said 10 pounds by twenty weeks would be good so I really focused on that. At first I didn't feel good so it was easy, then I got hungry again and didn't gain much, and then BAM started gaining. I am 20 weeks today and up 11 pounds. I feel ok with that, but I can just see the weight gain is really increasing and I am not eating that much at all! WTH? Probably just destined to gain a crapload again. I am planning on joining weight watchers after I have the baby. I did lose all the weight twice after my last one, but obviously am not good at keeping it off. Oh and I am trying to exercise this time as well. Do your try to get in any exercise?

When are you revealing the gender? What else are you doing to get ready? Do you still have lots of clothes left from your older kids?

Ruthysb March 28th, 2013 05:44 AM

I had my detailed ultrasound two weeks ago and they said everything looked good. I had been worrying a lot so seeing the baby made me feel a lot better. And I closed me eyes at all the right times and didn't see anything I wasn't supposed to! Sounds like a lot of fun to tell your kids. My son was a little mad when he realized that we could have found out if it was a girl or boy and didn't. If I had more older kids they might have convinced me to find out!

Weight gain is a big issue for me! Last time I gained 60 pounds and this time I am starting out 20-25 pounds heavier. Ugghh. My midwife said 10 pounds by twenty weeks would be good so I really focused on that. At first I didn't feel good so it was easy, then I got hungry again and didn't gain much, and then BAM started gaining. I am 20 weeks today and up 11 pounds. I feel ok with that, but I can just see the weight gain is really increasing and I am not eating that much at all! WTH? Probably just destined to gain a crapload again. I am planning on joining weight watchers after I have the baby. I did lose all the weight twice after my last one, but obviously am not good at keeping it off. Oh and I am trying to exercise this time as well. Do your try to get in any exercise?

When are you revealing the gender? What else are you doing to get ready? Do you still have lots of clothes left from your older kids?