JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   August 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Hesperleigh and mrskfet (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1902-august-2013-playroom/2630787-hesperleigh-and-mrskfet.html)

Hesperleigh March 1st, 2013 12:02 PM

Hesperleigh and mrskfet

Hey, due date buddy! How goes it?

Hesperleigh March 5th, 2013 07:16 AM

Re: Hesperleigh and mrskfet

So, I'm doing okay. My morning sickness the last two days seems to have diminished a bit, so I'm hoping that means it will be completely gone soon. Other than that, I am super excited because I have just started feeling some really noticeable kicks. Last night I even felt it from the outside, though when I got DH to come over she stopped! Little stinker!

So, you're in Indiana? Have you always lived there? How long have you been married?

mrskfet March 5th, 2013 10:43 AM

Sounds like she's going to be a mama's girl :) I hope your morning sickness stays away, I never actually got sick but the constant feeling of nausea was awful. But after the morning sickness I got hit with some migraines so for awhile I didnt know which was worse! lol

Yep, I live in good ol' Indiana though I would MUCH rather be living somewhere warm. I've lived here as long as I can remember, but my mom tells me some pretty cool stories about living in Florida and Michigan when I was a baby. Apparently we went to Sea World once, my mom cant believe I dont remember that and I get frustrated hearing about it lol thats one memory I really wish I had. DH and I have been married for almost a year, our anniversary is actually this coming up Sunday :) we plan on going to church, then out to lunch and bowling with his family and then maybe we'll go out to dinner by ourselves that night. Who knows lol

How long have you and your DH been married? How did you two meet? I'm super jealous that you live in Florida btw, I bet that is pretty awesome :)

Hesperleigh March 5th, 2013 11:48 AM

Where in Florida did you live?

I definitely appreciate the weather more and more the older I get. I do wish we had more seasonal weather though. It seems to be either hot or cold and sometimes both in one day. lol. Plus, Jacksonville isn't really tropical and pretty like a lot of Florida. I kind of consider us more extreme southern Georgia! But it's 75 and beautiful outside right now! If I weren't at work I'd have the windows open at home!

Happy early anniversary! Sounds like a fun day. We will have been married 6 years April 28th. We'll have been together for 8 years at the end of this month. That makes me feel old. haha. Speaking of old, he is 19 years older. I know it seems weird, but he looks much younger and can definitely hang with my crowd easily. The only thing that ever gives him away is the gray. It was just a sprinkling when we met, but I think Haeden and I have filled it in pretty good. haha!

mrskfet March 6th, 2013 04:12 AM

I would give anything to be in 75 degree weather! We just got hit with about 2 inches of snow last night so I'm not very happy with our weather at the moment lol its supposed to be 54/55 degrees this weekend and I'm still debating on breaking out the shorts! :lol: just kidding of course, I would probably catch pneumonia or something knowing my luck :rolleyes:

I'm a firm believer in the saying "Age aint nothing but a number" so 19 years is no biggie to me :) as long as you two are happy together, who cares about age :) Plus, older men are typically more mature. I always thought I would end up with somebody older than me but then Kev somehow snuck in and stole my heart lol but I wouldnt have it any other way :)

So how many kids do you want? What do you do for a living? Do you have any pets?

Hesperleigh March 6th, 2013 09:53 AM

It's cold again today. The worst part about where I live is that one day it is hot and the next day it is cold. It's all over the place the last month or so. I'm ready for it to just stay warm!

This will be our last. We have an almost four year old son, Haeden, and he was supposed to be the last. LOL. Dan, my hubby, also has two boys from a previous marriage. They are fourteen and fifteen. Good kids. We only have them part time though. Dan is a photographer/ manager of photography and graphics and I am a medical secretary in Pain Medicine. We both work for Mayo Clinic. We have two cats. Eventually we'd like a dog, but right now we appreciate having a little more freedom to not run home and check on a dog. My mom has five dogs, so that's really enough for all of us anyway. haha

What about you? You are a stay at home wife/future mom right? And you just finished school? Can't remember if that was you or not...

mrskfet March 6th, 2013 01:00 PM

I wish I could say I just finished school! I dont even know what I want to do with my life anymore unfortunately lol I am a stay at home wife/future mom though :)Kev works for a company called Thermo Fisher right now but plans on going to school to get certified as a web/graphic designer. This is our first baby and we were absolutely shocked when we found out I was pregnant! I have no idea how many kids we're going to have; I used to say five, then it went to three, and now I've been saying we'll see how labor goes to decide if we'll have any more lol we have two fur babies, cat and a dog. I adore my dog most days but my cat really irks my soul sometimes. This spring we're going to try to get him used to being outside and hopefully transition him into becoming an indoor/outdoor cat, I think it'll be better for him and us in the long run. We do plan on getting more dogs, but not anytime soon lol

Do you have any hobbies?

Hesperleigh March 6th, 2013 01:44 PM

Well, that's okay! I don't know either and I'm almost 30. And I never finished school... but I managed to get a good job. I had actually just signed up to go back to school for psychology and then found out I was pregnant the week after I paid for classes! Doh! I dropped them though because I already knew how rough the first and possibly second trimester would be based on my first pregnancy.

You'll be fine with labor... and even if your'e not, you won't remember how bad it was when you get baby fever again! Funny how that works!

Hobbies... I like to embroider and I like to read, but I Haven't done much of either since before Christmas. I really, really want to learn to crochet. How about you?

When do you find out gender? Are you hoping one way or the other?

mrskfet March 7th, 2013 05:28 AM

I originally was going to go to school for psychology too! Then I found out that was what my cousin was doing and decided against it lol at least you were able to drop the classes and get your money back before it was too late, I cant imagine how awful it would've been to have to do schoolwork AND deal with morning sickness at the same time.

My hobbies are mainly reading and playing piano. I love love love to read and I hope to have a pretty impressive collection of books one day :) piano is something I enjoy doing every now and then, I think I would like it more if I could actually read music lol I havent learned any new songs in awhile. I would like to start gardening this spring but we dont really have a good place in our yard, and I would also like to learn to crochet! I think it would be fun to be able to make some little baby booties :) lol I do like to bake too, but I dont do that as much anymore.

Gender we're hoping to find out tomorrow, but I think it'll probably be another week or so. I dont really know what my appointment tomorrow will be like lol and I am hoping for a little girl :) I've wanted girls since I was little and it would be a dream come true :) I'm pretty sure this nugget is a boy though lol I've had this feeling since we heard the heartbeat the first time :wub:

What kind of books do you like to read? And whens your next appointment?

Hesperleigh March 7th, 2013 06:02 AM

It seems to be a definite favorite! I was hoping to get a degree and work with the Pain Rehab program I sort of work with now. I love the psychologist that runs with it. I'm currently the secretary and I suppose I will be now for a while! Ah well. Who knows what will happen in the future. Sometimes I'm just kind of embarrassed that I don't have a degree at all... even though I don't think anyone else should be when they are in the same boat.

So you are self taught on the piano? That's so cool. I want to learn so badly, but I also don't know how to read music. My stepson says he'll teach me. He plays bass. I have had a keyboard sitting under my bed for like 4 years now. lol. My grandmother plays beautifully. She has a grand piano and an organ in her home and plays for her church, even now at 83! I just don't have time for actual lessons these days. She gave them to me when I was a kid, but then we moved and I forgot everything I learned. As far as reading goes, I like a lot of different things. I like biographies and non-fiction, but I also love fiction. I used to love reading detective type books, but I finally got tired of it. I can't remember the name of anything I've read lately. I'll have to check at home. I feel like I can't remember the book once I've stopped reading it. It's weird.

So exciting about the gender reveal! I hope you get to find out! I always wanted a girl, too. When I got pregnant the first time I was upset when I found out I was having a boy. I mean, I always imagined myself having a girl. Mostly, I think, because it was just me, my mom and my sister growing up and we're all very close. But I will tell you that little boys are just the sweetest thing in the world and they love, love loooooove their mommies. Haeden is the light of my life and my heart wants to burst on a daily basis when I look at his sweet face.

My next appt is Monday. They'll probably just tell me I'm gaining too much weight and then listen for the heartbeat. And I think they're supposed to do labs, but I have no idea what they are for this time. My next (and last) ultrasound will be the 25th. It's the official anatomy scan where they will hopefully be confirming that little Audrey here is a girl.

mrskfet March 7th, 2013 10:42 AM

I have the exact same feelings about not having a degree, I'm ashamed that I dont have one but I dont feel like others should be when they dont lol I guess we're just harder on ourselves. Maybe one day you will become a psychologist! There's still plenty of time :)

Piano is super easy! I bet you'd be able to figure it out again :) the way I learn songs is by watching which keys are pressed and then repeating what was played. Its slow going, especially when its a YouTube video, but eventually I get it learned. Most of what I play is classical stuff that was on my old keyboard though, which is way easier to grasp because there arent hands blocking your view lol

I really hope we find out the gender too, but I'm not getting my hopes too high. Last appointment she told me that at this one we would probably schedule the ultrasound since baby will be big enough to see the heart size and what not, but I have no idea WHERE this doctor's office does ultrasounds. If they do it in another part of the building then I could see us finding out the same day, but if its within that office I dont see it happening.

How come the ultrasound on the 25th will be your last? My old doctors office said I would have one in the third trimester too so I just assumed it was like that everywhere. Did you have an early gender scan to find out Audrey's sex?

Hesperleigh March 7th, 2013 01:19 PM

Maybe, but it seems like a lot. I have to work full time for at least another four years or so. I'd only be able to go to school part time and I'd have to start from almost the beginning and work towards a masters. Seems like a lot now, so I can't imagine how it will seem three or four years from now. Knowing that Audrey will be my last baby, I won't want to go back while she is still just a little thing either. I just keep telling myself there is more to life than a formal education. lol

I did a little of that when I first got the keyboard, but I didn't have the space to leave it out all the time so I basically just got lazy about it!

Well, I hope it is soon! My office does their own scans, but only on M, W & F. And they are usually booked so it takes a couple weeks to get in.

They only do 2-3 ultrasounds here unless you are high risk or have some sort of scare. I had the vaginal one to confirm and then the NT scan at 12 weeks and then they do the anatomy scan at 20 weeks. That's it. We'd have to pay out of pocket to do one in the third trimester. We already paid out of pocket to do the early gender determination, so we won't do another one.

Are you feeling the baby move yet? Have any weird cravings?

mrskfet March 11th, 2013 05:07 AM

We didnt find out the gender, but will have the anatomy scan this week! When you ask? I have no idea lol apparently the doctor's office is going to call me with the appointment :confused: somewhat confused by that since they dont know my schedule but maybe they'll call me to set it up. Who knows lol

I was actually going to post today about feeling movement! Majority of me is certain that what I'm feeling is baby, but there's a tiny part of me that still has doubts (though I have no idea what it could be if it isnt my nugget). Two days before my 18 week mark, I felt what I can only describe as a little nudge. Nothing huge, just a tiny little thump. It happened a few times and stopped so I brushed it off. I thought I felt it again the next day but it didnt happen much so again I brushed it off. Then, before our doctors appointment on Friday we went to get some donuts. I felt it a tiny bit when I first got in the car, but after I ate a donut, my little nugget went crazy! lol I felt so many nudges that I started smiling and finally told Kev what had been happening :) since then I've been feeling the same feeling every day, even now and I havent even ate anything yet lol at one point on Friday, right before my appointment, the little pooper nudged me right in my bladder and I almost peed on myself! :lol: thats what I get for not going before we left home :rolleyes:

Cravings wise, I havent wanted anything too weird yet (garlic sauce has been the weirdest), but I do get cravings at weird times! Last night before bed I really wanted some apple crisp, I've woken up in the middle of the night and wanted Papa Johns, and for about a week straight I wanted cheetos puffs. My latest thing has been candy lol anytime I get a craving though I tend to break myself of it by eating so much of whatever that it makes me feel sick. I have no control when I'm hungry lol

Same questions to you!

Hesperleigh March 11th, 2013 06:38 AM

At least you don't have to wait several more weeks! Hope they call today!

That definitely sounds like movement to me. I wasn't aware that I was feeling the baby with my first pregnancy either. I realized it when I was watching the gender ultrasound, saw him kick AND felt that little thump at the same time. I have been feeling Audrey consistently for about a week. Before that I was still unsure, too. Dan still can't feel it though.

Yeah, I've never had weird cravings. I just decide I want a certain kind of food and then I must have it. I have been wanting ice cream and fruit a lot. I have only just started to be able to eat the ice cream though because at first I'd feel sick afterwards. I took Haeden for frozen yogurt this weekend and it was heaven! lol

What are your nursery plans if you've started looking?

mrskfet March 12th, 2013 05:15 AM

You must've given me good luck because the hospital DID call me yesterday! My anatomy scan is this Friday at 2:30 :D I'm so excited!

Lol alot of my cravings happen the same way yours do. If I think of a food I immediately want it lol or whenever I see/hear commercials and ads I tend to start craving that food too. One week on here there was an ad for Jimmy Dean sausage breakfast sandwiches and I could NOT stop thinking about them. Thank goodness it was cold out or I wouldve had to go to the store to get some! :lol:

Nursery ideas...good question lol at first I didnt even think I wanted to decorate. The room is already painted royal(ish) blue and no matter what the gender is, I planned on leaving it that color (its my favorite). But lately, I've been wanting to do a few more things. If it was a boy I was thinking maybe we could do a brown stripe in there with a teddy bear theme and since our crib is an expresso color it would match beautifully. I have no idea how to make it more girly if baby turns out to be a girl though. My mom will probably take over decorating whenever she comes down so I'm not worried about it lol she typically does what she wants :rolleyes:

Do you have a nursery set up? and if so, whats it look like? If not, what are your ideas?

Hesperleigh March 12th, 2013 09:28 AM

So excited about your US!

Love the stripe idea. I wanted to do something like that, but our walls have a slight texture to them so it wouldn't work. We can't even use those adorable wall decals because they peel right off! Bummer!

Haeden and Audrey will have to share a room for the first few years. I'm not really sure how I'm going to work it out yet. I have been looking at a lot of shared rooms on pinterest and apartment therapy for some inspiration, but it's like those kids don't have toys or something! My husband is going to add a shelf to the closet and then we are going to paint the doors and the trim (still white, just needs to be spruced up) and then I'll get the crib from my MIL (also white). My sister is ordering the bedding as a gift. I'm hoping to get that in the next two weeks. This is what H's room looks like now. These were taken a year ago, so there are some slight changes (no more table and chairs because he used them to climb)...

[IMG]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps84eb89b9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...psbb4058ac.jpg[/IMG]

Obviously I have a lot of rearranging to do!

mrskfet March 13th, 2013 05:28 AM

Love the color and the white crib will look great in there! Other than making room for the crib it doesnt seem like there's much that needs to be done, I think the room looks great as is :)

Have you started buying baby things yet?

Hesperleigh March 14th, 2013 06:24 AM

Thanks. It will definitely be crowded, but I am hoping to keep a little bit of room in the middle so that H can still play in there. We'll see how it goes. I'm very anxious to get started. Hoping to do a little to the closet this weekend and then get the crib back from my MIL next weekend. Patience is not a virtue of mine!

The only thing I've bought so far is the wrap from Kelli and a front carrier that was on sale through mamabargains. I have been getting a lot of hand me down clothes from friends and I think that someone is also handing down a swing and infant bathtub. My BIL is buying the pack n play, which is where she will sleep the first few months, and then the crib bedding is hopefully coming by way of my half sister in the next week or two. I am thinking the only big ticket things we are going to need to buy is the stroller/carseat and a monitor. I won't be getting a super high tech monitor though, so that won't be too bad either.

How about you? Are you waiting to find out the gender first?

mrskfet March 14th, 2013 08:30 AM

Lol I know what you mean about patience. I feel like this pregnancy is going by slow and fast at the same time; some days feel like they go on forever but then you realize we only have 5 months left and its like "where'd the time go?!" lol

So far the only thing we have bought is a gender neutral pack of onesies, but that was only because I was super excited about finding out on Friday and couldnt wait lol other than that we're trying to wait until after the baby shower in June since I think we'll be getting alot. My mom has bought us the crib already and some bibs, my SIL has bought a couple of outfits, and my MIL got some cute hats :) DH's grandparents will be buying us the travelling system (I think thats the stroller/carseat combo), and MIL is planning on getting us a bassinet and glider chair. So looks like we might still have to get the swing, bedding, breast pump, and monitors if my side of the family doesnt get us anything. I wish I had gotten a wrap when Kelli offered to make them! They look sooo pretty and comfortable for baby, and baby wearing seems like it would be fun :)

Are you planning on doing cloth diapering?

Hesperleigh March 14th, 2013 08:40 AM

Well, there are still lots of wraps out there to consider. They carry the moby in a lot of stores now, too.

If you don't have a ton of space in your home, I would recommend just getting the travel swing instead of the regular sized. That's what we did with H and it worked out perfectly. It was even easy to take with us if we were heading out of town for the weekend. He loved it and never knew the difference. The regular ones are GIANT. I'm still not sure if we'll just get the travel or use the regular one that someone has offered to give us. Space in our home is limited as is, so I don't want baby stuff to take over.

I would love to cloth diaper and would if I were a SAHM, but since baby will be in daycare and my family has no interest in that sort of thing, I think it would just be a waste of money for me to even try.

I feel the same way about how fast/slow it has been all at once. I think it will go by even faster after we hit the 20 week mark.

Can't wait for your appt tomorrow!